MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

All around utility trailer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

All around utility trailer Empty
PostSubject: All around utility trailer   All around utility trailer Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jul 2013, 2:25 pm

I posted this over in JKOwners, but for those that don't get over there, I wanted to post this here too...

So I finally got started on my trailer build this weekend.  It's a basic 4'x8' trailer with 12" sides. The top rail is 1" angle. The side posts are 1.25" angle. Both about 1/8" thick. 13" wheels on 5x4.5" hubs.

The bottom frame is 2" x 3/16" angle and the floor is diamond plate. I think it's 14 gauge. It's a little thin, but the trailer came this way for $500 bucks so I can't complain too much.

as I bough it, about 15" deck height
All around utility trailer Uzl8

I picked up a 3500lb 66" underslung axle from Northern Tool for about $87. I bought 5x5" hubs online for another $56 delivered, and 2-3/8" ubolt kit for another $18. So about $161.00. Had to move the spring perches in a bit.   The wheels are jegs 17x8 steelies with 4" backspacing - $150 delivered for both.  Tires are 315/70r17 spares I had in the garage - $20 mounting & balancing for both. So here's where I'm at with $831.00 into the trailer... about 25" deck height

All around utility trailer S8t4

About 1-1/8" clearance. Once I raise the top rail up to 21" to match the tailgate/ramp, I'll have about 2" clearance.

All around utility trailer Zwcz

I'll get some pics of it behind the jeep in this weekend.  I'll be cutting off the side posts and replacing with 1"x2" x 1/8" rectangular tube cut to about 20" long and the top rail will be replace with the same. Should give me a 21" height to match the tailgate. Not sure if I'll sheet the side or not.  Trying to keep cost down right now to keep the bank account and wife happy.
Back to top Go down
Jam Buenavides
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2020-11-05

PostSubject: Re: All around utility trailer   All around utility trailer Icon_minitimeTue 05 Jan 2021, 9:20 pm

This looks intense, I wonder what happened to this build.
Back to top Go down
misterdrl
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2021-05-26

PostSubject: Re: All around utility trailer   All around utility trailer Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2021, 10:15 am

What brand of tires are those?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All around utility trailer   All around utility trailer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All around utility trailer
Page 1 of 1