MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trailer storage problem

Go down 
+4
skoalman
Mr.RonGilbert
JK-fredd0
jeff.lyon3
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Number of posts : 2295
Rig : 07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Trailer storage problem Empty
PostSubject: Trailer storage problem   Trailer storage problem Icon_minitimeSat 14 Mar 2009, 2:22 pm

I have a 6x12 utility trailer. seems like everyplace I put it is in violation of the Home Owners Association rules.

Far be it from me to break the rules, so I need a place to put my trailer. (been going on for a year and a half)

Anyone got a place to put a trailer? Of course this would give you use of a utility trailer which can come in handy.
Back to top Go down
JK-fredd0
Got No Life
Got No Life
JK-fredd0

Number of posts : 812
Rig : 2007 JK Unlimited Sahara
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Trailer storage problem   Trailer storage problem Icon_minitimeSat 14 Mar 2009, 3:32 pm

i am in the same boat. anyone?
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Trailer storage problem   Trailer storage problem Icon_minitimeSat 14 Mar 2009, 4:05 pm

Held hostage by the HOA huh.... haha I hate hose fawkers!! I was getting letters from those clueless bastages about stuff that was done to my house before I moved in. I was throwing the letters away until I got one from their lawyer (who's azz I would like to kick) I had to prove that it was like that before I moved in.

Gotta be someone in SA that has some land somewhere.

Last edited by Mr.RonGilbert on Sat 14 Mar 2009, 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JK-fredd0
Got No Life
Got No Life
JK-fredd0

PostSubject: Re: Trailer storage problem   Trailer storage problem Icon_minitimeSat 14 Mar 2009, 4:33 pm

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
Held hostage by the HOA huh.... haha I hate hose fawkers!! Gotta be someone in SA that has some land somewhere.

HOA = necessary evil. keeps people from parking in their yards and doing some stupid shit, but they do get in the way if they are asses about it.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Trailer storage problem   Trailer storage problem Icon_minitimeSat 14 Mar 2009, 5:01 pm

JK-fredd0 wrote:
Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
Held hostage by the HOA huh.... haha I hate hose fawkers!! Gotta be someone in SA that has some land somewhere.

HOA = necessary evil. keeps people from parking in their yards and doing some stupid shit, but they do get in the way if they are asses about it.

I agree... its just that I have gotten letters for the dumbest crap. the guy (kid) that they had patrolling my old hood didn't know whether to wind his azz or scratch his watch. It has it's uses...
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

PostSubject: Re: Trailer storage problem   Trailer storage problem Icon_minitimeSat 14 Mar 2009, 6:26 pm

JK-fredd0 wrote:
Mr.RonGilbert wrote:

I don't even think they are necessary evil. They only serve the interest of the builders and maintaining value in the neighborhood. Most of the crap they enforce is harassment IMHO. Doesn't effect value, just stupid rules. I guess people who like these HOA's don't have any toys.
Back to top Go down
skoalman
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
skoalman

Number of posts : 525
Rig : Black Unlimited Rubicon
specs. : Starting to add stuff now.....
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Trailer storage problem   Trailer storage problem Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2009, 12:31 am

Wow, after hearing all these horror stories, I'm glad I don't have to deal with a HOA.
Back to top Go down
JK-fredd0
Got No Life
Got No Life
JK-fredd0

PostSubject: Re: Trailer storage problem   Trailer storage problem Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2009, 1:32 am

jdldx3 wrote:
JK-fredd0 wrote:
Mr.RonGilbert wrote:

I don't even think they are necessary evil. They only serve the interest of the builders and maintaining value in the neighborhood. Most of the crap they enforce is harassment IMHO. Doesn't effect value, just stupid rules. I guess people who like these HOA's don't have any toys.

cheers

i know most of the things don't affect value, but have your neighbor paint their house lime green and see if that doesn't slow your house from selling when you want to. hell, in the summer i use the letters to cut my grass as the reminder that i need to cut my grass cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Trailer storage problem   Trailer storage problem Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2009, 10:49 am

My HOA sent me a letter a couple years back saying my house needed repainted. Talking with all my neighbors, none of them could believe that I had received that letter since the paint on my house had nothing wrong with it. But it had been 10 years since the last paint, so I just said ok and had it painted. Here's the kicker- I had them paint the garage door too- I figure the garage door needs to be painted at the same time as the rest of the house. 8 month later I got a letter saying my garage door needed to be repainted. WTF?!?! I called the HOA pissed. They said that maybe their inspector just couldn't get a clear look at the garage door because cars were parked in front of it (no duh!!!), and that they would send him back out to re-inspect. I never heard anything else about it.

Now for insult to injury- the President of the HOA lives down the street from me. And her garage door has 3 different shades of paint on it- looks like total crap. Been like that for years.
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Trailer storage problem   Trailer storage problem Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2009, 11:43 am

N2rock wrote:
My HOA sent me a letter a couple years back saying my house needed repainted. Talking with all my neighbors, none of them could believe that I had received that letter since the paint on my house had nothing wrong with it. But it had been 10 years since the last paint, so I just said ok and had it painted. Here's the kicker- I had them paint the garage door too- I figure the garage door needs to be painted at the same time as the rest of the house. 8 month later I got a letter saying my garage door needed to be repainted. WTF?!?! I called the HOA pissed. They said that maybe their inspector just couldn't get a clear look at the garage door because cars were parked in front of it (no duh!!!), and that they would send him back out to re-inspect. I never heard anything else about it.

Now for insult to injury- the President of the HOA lives down the street from me. And her garage door has 3 different shades of paint on it- looks like total crap. Been like that for years.

It is because they do drive bys.... never get out of the car and HAVE to justify their jobs. Everything that I have pushed back on got resolved - just a PITA. Everything that I have just thrown away got me another letter. The one that went to the lawyer got me a visit from the HOA president.... which could have turned bad real quick until I realized that she was there to apologize... made a few (very few) points in my book.
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

PostSubject: Re: Trailer storage problem   Trailer storage problem Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2009, 12:27 pm

True,

Everytime I respond or argue they usually give up. It at least buys you a bunch of time.

I just get tired of dealing with it. Like we don't have enough going on, we have to justify how we live at our own house.

Very frustrating.

While it has been great venting, I still don't have a solution to the trailer problem. :threadhijacked

Anyone out there with a welder that wants to turn it into a jeep friendly trailer. Maybe 4x6 instead of 6x12
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Trailer storage problem   Trailer storage problem Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2009, 3:56 pm

apologies for the Hijack...
Trailer storage problem Thread_direction
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Number of posts : 2929
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Trailer storage problem   Trailer storage problem Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2009, 4:50 pm

wish i lived closer to ya....we have lots of room to store a trailer!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockrash4x4.com
Duke
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Duke

Number of posts : 477
Rig : JEEP
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Trailer storage problem   Trailer storage problem Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2009, 5:47 pm

I used to store my trailer at a storage site that stored boats and RV's. It only cost about $15 month and I had a space 12x50.
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

PostSubject: Re: Trailer storage problem   Trailer storage problem Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2009, 6:24 pm

jeeperjennie wrote:
wish i lived closer to ya....we have lots of room to store a trailer!

Me too. That would be great. Sure it would be put to good use too with all the parts and stuff.

Duke wrote:
I used to store my trailer at a storage site that stored boats and RV's. It only cost about $15 month and I had a space 12x50.

I am abut to that point Duke. It has been in the common area behind a neighbors house. They finally got a letter, probably because of nosy neighbors complaining. I am parking it in the road in front of my house for a while. Cant let it go without at least one more letter :taz:
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

PostSubject: Re: Trailer storage problem   Trailer storage problem Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2009, 6:30 pm

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
apologies for the Hijack...
Trailer storage problem Thread_direction

No worries. Thats what makes forums fun :bouncing2:
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Trailer storage problem   Trailer storage problem Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2009, 8:00 pm

Call me, I might be able to store it @ my property.
884 0058
Dutch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trailer storage problem   Trailer storage problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trailer storage problem
Page 1 of 1