MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wheelers for the Wounded - May 2nd & 3rd!!!!

Go down 
+2
littleredrubicon
Mr.RonGilbert
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JK_JOE
Got No Life
Got No Life

Number of posts : 815
Rig : R.I.P.
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Wheelers for the Wounded - May 2nd & 3rd!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheelers for the Wounded - May 2nd & 3rd!!!!   Wheelers for the Wounded - May 2nd & 3rd!!!! Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 10:45 am

Sounds like a great time. Can't wait for the pics.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Wheelers for the Wounded - May 2nd & 3rd!!!!   Wheelers for the Wounded - May 2nd & 3rd!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2009, 10:14 pm

Today was a good time. There were more jeeps than troops and family members which is a testament to the good folks in the Lone Star State! Other than a few minor organizational issues with how information was passed on to the drivers I think that it went over very well. Good food, good people and most of all some DVs and their families had a big time.

Our first group of riders chose the "Easy" trail we were able to get all of the Jeep Nation folks out front with the first group and the families had a good time. All but one group wanted something a little more exciting so we told them to ask for the intermediate or extreme trails - one of the riders asked me if they would get hurt on the extreme trail and I said... "you wont get hurt, we wouldn't let that happen but Jeeps.... now that is another story"

We waited for riders to show up but they were all out on the trails so we decided to go recon some of the 3 and 4 rated trails (Snoopy Falls, Wet & Wild, Midnight Run and a few others) we got to the top of a big hill and the same rider that I spoke with about jeeps breaking learned what it sounds like when a 03 TJ drivers side front axle assembly breaks at the U joint. They found a ride with some other folks while we got him back on the trail - which makes me proud to be a jeeper... people from out of nowhere lending a hand to a complete stranger. I sure was glad that I watched Geo swap out my front axles, I was able to get it swapped out with little trouble - other than the bolts (both) on the break assembly snapping... a dude actually had a spare set! We got him off the trail and headed back to camp for lunch.

After lunch I took a group on the easy trail again and then fell in with the Military Jeeper folks (including LilRedRubi) we had a blast on several trails and ended up on Wet & Wild one guy lost a fender, one broke a steer rod, one tore off his muffler, one tore off a tail light (deja' vu) and I smashed my tail pipe (finally) and put a big dent in that little shock that attaches to the tie rod... its leaking and is going to have to be replaced (schweet!) My X did real good, we bailed out towards the end just because I was ready to get back to camp (it was ~630p). One guy that I forgot to mention... a dude with more guts than brains on Wet & Wild in a Grand Cherokee - he beat that poor rig damn near to death. He got dents all the way around and had to be pulled up and over obstacles more than a few times but you gotta give him credit for having guts.

Finished the day off with some good brisket and tunes from a live band, gonna listen to some tunes then grab some shut eye for the trip back home tomorrow.

I will post up some pics when I get back, I am using one of those air card things and the signal isnt all that great.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Number of posts : 2515
Rig : 2007 Stone White 2-Door
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Wheelers for the Wounded - May 2nd & 3rd!!!!   Wheelers for the Wounded - May 2nd & 3rd!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 01 May 2009, 10:25 pm

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
Renee - Jason is in area "A" which is the first camping area. I agree you cannot miss the black jk on 40s with the matching Overland trailer. The folks from Overland are here too and parked right next to him with another tricked out expedition trailer. Those things are awesome... everything that you need including AC for those hot days. My redneck tent AC unit works good enough but their setup is very nice.

The military jeeper group is set up in area "B". We are in area "A" with our tent but area "B" looks like it is better suited for tents but no power down there.

What channel are you guys going to be riding? I will be on 4 unless otherwise directed.

See you guys tomorrow. We are gonna do some recon.

I will look for yall, we are on channel 4 as well, maybe we can all get in the same group.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeep-nation.com
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Number of posts : 2295
Rig : 07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Wheelers for the Wounded - May 2nd & 3rd!!!!   Wheelers for the Wounded - May 2nd & 3rd!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 01 May 2009, 8:46 pm

It's great what you guys are doing for our servicemembers.

Maybe i'll make it next year
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Wheelers for the Wounded - May 2nd & 3rd!!!!   Wheelers for the Wounded - May 2nd & 3rd!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 01 May 2009, 6:22 pm

Renee - Jason is in area "A" which is the first camping area. I agree you cannot miss the black jk on 40s with the matching Overland trailer. The folks from Overland are here too and parked right next to him with another tricked out expedition trailer. Those things are awesome... everything that you need including AC for those hot days. My redneck tent AC unit works good enough but their setup is very nice.

The military jeeper group is set up in area "B". We are in area "A" with our tent but area "B" looks like it is better suited for tents but no power down there.

What channel are you guys going to be riding? I will be on 4 unless otherwise directed.

See you guys tomorrow. We are gonna do some recon.

Last edited by Mr.RonGilbert on Fri 01 May 2009, 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duke
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Duke

Number of posts : 477
Rig : JEEP
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Wheelers for the Wounded - May 2nd & 3rd!!!!   Wheelers for the Wounded - May 2nd & 3rd!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2009, 10:44 pm

Renee10 wrote:

Hey Duke,

Do you have any pics? I will try and find him to say hello.

It will be the only black 4dr JK on 40's pulling a monster trailer with a pop up tent. Go to the website to see a pic of his Jeep..... http://www.wheelersforthewounded.org/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

PostSubject: Re: Wheelers for the Wounded - May 2nd & 3rd!!!!   Wheelers for the Wounded - May 2nd & 3rd!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2009, 10:39 pm

Duke wrote:
I wish it wasn't on one of the last open weekends for Katemcy.

Jason who runs WFTW event is a pretty good guy. This Jeep is his first Jeep and he pretty much had it all built while he was doing contract work in Iraq. He is pretty much living out of his trailer for several months. I've followed his build up on the Hummer X Club website and would definately like to see his setup up close, especially his trailer.

You all have fun.

Hey Duke,

Do you have any pics? I will try and find him to say hello.
Back to top Go down
Duke
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Duke

Number of posts : 477
Rig : JEEP
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Wheelers for the Wounded - May 2nd & 3rd!!!!   Wheelers for the Wounded - May 2nd & 3rd!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2009, 10:01 pm

I wish it wasn't on one of the last open weekends for Katemcy.

Jason who runs WFTW event is a pretty good guy. This Jeep is his first Jeep and he pretty much had it all built while he was doing contract work in Iraq. He is pretty much living out of his trailer for several months. I've followed his build up on the Hummer X Club website and would definately like to see his setup up close, especially his trailer.

You all have fun.
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

PostSubject: Re: Wheelers for the Wounded - May 2nd & 3rd!!!!   Wheelers for the Wounded - May 2nd & 3rd!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2009, 9:58 pm

We will be there as well as Daniel and family, we are heading up Sat morning, we will try and find you guys!!
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Wheelers for the Wounded - May 2nd & 3rd!!!!   Wheelers for the Wounded - May 2nd & 3rd!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2009, 7:43 pm

Cool - we will be in a big azz green dome tent and the black G-ride. Say hello when you roll in.
Back to top Go down
littleredrubicon
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
littleredrubicon

Number of posts : 95
Rig : 04 Rubicon
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Wheelers for the Wounded - May 2nd & 3rd!!!!   Wheelers for the Wounded - May 2nd & 3rd!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2009, 6:55 pm

I'll be there with the military jeepers. I'll probably be showing up early Saturday morning. It should be a good run.
Back to top Go down
http://littleredrubicon.com
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Wheelers for the Wounded - May 2nd & 3rd!!!!   Wheelers for the Wounded - May 2nd & 3rd!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr 2009, 10:05 pm

Anyone going? Lil' G and I are headed up Friday.... cannot wait to do some wheeling with some of our country's heroes!!! I am a little skeptical but will give a full report either way.

http://www.hiddenfallsadventurepark.com/wftw.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheelers for the Wounded - May 2nd & 3rd!!!!   Wheelers for the Wounded - May 2nd & 3rd!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wheelers for the Wounded - May 2nd & 3rd!!!!
Page 1 of 1