MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Benchmark Design Evap Canister Skid Install

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Benchmark Design Evap Canister Skid Install Empty
PostSubject: Benchmark Design Evap Canister Skid Install   Benchmark Design Evap Canister Skid Install Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 10:39 pm

OK folks.... this is hands down the easiest install that I have seen (besides the dimple mod from unstrapping the door and perhaps the Daystar dash panel).

I have been worried about the evap canister because it is about the only thing that is not protected under the heap...
Benchmark Design Evap Canister Skid Install P5200638

I had to laugh at myself a little when I dug around the box for the install instructions.... then I looked at the skid and saw there are only three bolts... all very easy to get to. Simply remove the three bolts:
Benchmark Design Evap Canister Skid Install P5200637
Benchmark Design Evap Canister Skid Install P5200639

And slide the skid over the evap assembly
Benchmark Design Evap Canister Skid Install P5200645

The one thing that I did see may be an issue was the wiring plug would be in a bind if it was just bolted up. Easy fix was to unplug it and route it inside the bracket:
Benchmark Design Evap Canister Skid Install P5200650
Benchmark Design Evap Canister Skid Install P5200651

Then bolt it back up.... I did put some red thread-lock on the bolts while I had them out:
Benchmark Design Evap Canister Skid Install P5200648

Protected and peace of mind! Easy fix and a good price from [URL="http://www.benchmark-designs.com/products_evap_canister_skid.php"]Benchmark Designs[/URL] right now.
Benchmark Design Evap Canister Skid Install P5200663

Last edited by Mr.RonGilbert on Fri 22 May 2009, 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
martij3
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
martij3

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Benchmark Design Evap Canister Skid Install   Benchmark Design Evap Canister Skid Install Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 11:50 pm

Nice!!! I bought one a couple of days ago. I will put mine on tomorrow. Thanks for the write up.
Back to top Go down
JK_JOE
Got No Life
Got No Life

Number of posts : 815
Rig : R.I.P.
Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Benchmark Design Evap Canister Skid Install   Benchmark Design Evap Canister Skid Install Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 9:42 am

Nice, thats the way a Jeep should come from the factory if the can't find a better place for that thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Benchmark Design Evap Canister Skid Install   Benchmark Design Evap Canister Skid Install Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Benchmark Design Evap Canister Skid Install
Page 1 of 1