MyJEEPforum.com

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Benchmark Design Evap Canister Skid Install

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Benchmark Design Evap Canister Skid Install   Wed 20 May 2009, 10:39 pm

OK folks.... this is hands down the easiest install that I have seen (besides the dimple mod from unstrapping the door and perhaps the Daystar dash panel).

I have been worried about the evap canister because it is about the only thing that is not protected under the heap...

I had to laugh at myself a little when I dug around the box for the install instructions.... then I looked at the skid and saw there are only three bolts... all very easy to get to. Simply remove the three bolts:

And slide the skid over the evap assembly

The one thing that I did see may be an issue was the wiring plug would be in a bind if it was just bolted up. Easy fix was to unplug it and route it inside the bracket:

Then bolt it back up.... I did put some red thread-lock on the bolts while I had them out:

Protected and peace of mind! Easy fix and a good price from [URL="http://www.benchmark-designs.com/products_evap_canister_skid.php"]Benchmark Designs[/URL] right now.

Last edited by Mr.RonGilbert on Fri 22 May 2009, 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
martij3
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Benchmark Design Evap Canister Skid Install   Thu 21 May 2009, 11:50 pm

Nice!!! I bought one a couple of days ago. I will put mine on tomorrow. Thanks for the write up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JK_JOE
Got No Life
Got No Life

Number of posts : 815
Rig : R.I.P.
Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Benchmark Design Evap Canister Skid Install   Fri 22 May 2009, 9:42 am

Nice, thats the way a Jeep should come from the factory if the can't find a better place for that thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Benchmark Design Evap Canister Skid Install   

Back to top Go down

Benchmark Design Evap Canister Skid Install
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: JEEP TECH :: Write-up's & How-to's-
Jump to: