MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Can anyone recommend a license relocation bracket

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
martij3
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
martij3

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Can anyone recommend a license relocation bracket Empty
PostSubject: Can anyone recommend a license relocation bracket   Can anyone recommend a license relocation bracket Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2009, 3:10 pm

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12526_1010.htm

I clipped my rear license plate coming off a rock, it is still intact just slightly bent. I want to relocate it to the tailgate. I am also going to probably remove the factory tire carrier and eventually go to an aftermarket. I kind of like the warrior relocation bracket if it wasn't diamond plated. Could anyone recommend a good one?
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend a license relocation bracket   Can anyone recommend a license relocation bracket Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2009, 5:02 pm

That is cool. But if you eventually go with any tire carrier, than that would be wasted money.

I'm using the Rock Hard relocation bracket and ORO plate lite

http://northridge4x4.com/proddetail.php?prod=PKG-RH-PLATELITE

Can anyone recommend a license relocation bracket Rear
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
martij3
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
martij3

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend a license relocation bracket   Can anyone recommend a license relocation bracket Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2009, 11:03 pm

Could I use the Rockhard relocation bracket and ORO plate lite on the tailgate? Or just the plate lite on the tailgate?
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend a license relocation bracket   Can anyone recommend a license relocation bracket Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2009, 11:03 pm

I might have an extra one in about a week or so. I have the same set-up that N2 has and have a Shrock rear bumper that should be ready soon. It comes with the relocation bracket and 3rd brake light as well. Don't buy one yet if you want a good deal on mine. It has only been on there since Feb 09'
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend a license relocation bracket   Can anyone recommend a license relocation bracket Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2009, 11:06 pm

martij3 wrote:
Could I use the Rockhard relocation bracket and ORO plate lite on the tailgate? Or just the plate lite on the tailgate?

The Rockhard bracket is set up to go on the tire carrier.

You can use the light kit anywhere that a license plate will fit. If you really want it on the bumper just drill some holes and bolt it on - a license plate frame will clean it up.

I like the look of the LP flush against the corner (same location w/o the stock mount) and bent around to follow the body.

Swamprat's rig is set up like that.
Back to top Go down
martij3
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
martij3

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend a license relocation bracket   Can anyone recommend a license relocation bracket Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2009, 11:22 pm

Thanks Ron, let me know when your ready to part with it.
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend a license relocation bracket   Can anyone recommend a license relocation bracket Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2009, 11:31 pm

Joe, the ORO license plate bracket / light also has an option for a quick disconnect for the wiring.
Back to top Go down
martij3
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
martij3

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend a license relocation bracket   Can anyone recommend a license relocation bracket Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 9:37 am

terrahawk wrote:
Joe, the ORO license plate bracket / light also has an option for a quick disconnect for the wiring.

Jody, so I run the wiring from the original location under the jeep to the other side then into the tailgate? I am also assuming I just unplug the 3rd brake light and just stuff the wiring into the tailgate?
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend a license relocation bracket   Can anyone recommend a license relocation bracket Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 10:15 am

martij3 wrote:

Jody, so I run the wiring from the original location under the jeep to the other side then into the tailgate? I am also assuming I just unplug the 3rd brake light and just stuff the wiring into the tailgate?

Route it inside the jeep under the carpet (assuming you still have the carpet) along the back to the area where all the other wires enter the tailgate. Route it thru the tailgate and out. You keep one wire (the hot wire) from the 3rd brakelight as well (the ORO has LED's to light the plate, and LED's brake lights). Wire it all together to the quick disconnect. Takes about 15 minutes to do it all.
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
martij3
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
martij3

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend a license relocation bracket   Can anyone recommend a license relocation bracket Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 1:31 pm

N2rock wrote:
martij3 wrote:

Route it inside the jeep under the carpet (assuming you still have the carpet) along the back to the area where all the other wires enter the tailgate. Route it thru the tailgate and out. You keep one wire (the hot wire) from the 3rd brakelight as well (the ORO has LED's to light the plate, and LED's brake lights). Wire it all together to the quick disconnect. Takes about 15 minutes to do it all.

Thanks, I take my carpet out for the summer. I might just run the wires underneath the body.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend a license relocation bracket   Can anyone recommend a license relocation bracket Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 6:56 pm

Like N2 said - very simple. Just three wires.

You need the quick disco if you mount it where your tire is so you can get it on and off....

The directions are easy to understand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend a license relocation bracket   Can anyone recommend a license relocation bracket Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can anyone recommend a license relocation bracket
Page 1 of 1