MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It finally happened

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

It finally happened Empty
PostSubject: It finally happened   It finally happened Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009, 8:22 am

It finally rained down here in Sugar Land. Yesterday around 6pm- it poured hard cheers

And guess who was driving home with no doors Shocked At least I had the bikini top on. Wind was blowing hard from the north- I was driving west, so I was staying dry. But the inside of my windshield kept getting soaked. Had to pull over and clear it off with a paper towel I had in the console. Carpet is pretty soaked. But I'm sure it will dry out today considering the 101f forecast temp today.
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: It finally happened   It finally happened Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009, 9:41 am

Steve, I would still take out the carpet to prevent mold from growing under it.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

PostSubject: Re: It finally happened   It finally happened Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009, 11:15 am

Yeah, I know you're right. But I'm just not willing to get out there in these 100- temps and fight with pulling the carpet and putting it back in.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: It finally happened   It finally happened Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009, 3:12 pm

N2rock wrote:
Yeah, I know you're right. But I'm just not willing to get out there in these 100- temps and fight with pulling the carpet and putting it back in.

I pulled all the carpet out and it took about a minute. The ones under the front seats are about 3/4 wide where you can make a little cut or just pull it apart. I stashed the back seat and rear in the attic (gonna bedline the tub) then washed the fronts. I ran without the fronts for a couple of days and after the run to BVORR I was tired of the heat in the front foot well. I put the front pieces back in and it's all good again. I still plan on bedlining the entire tub and if it doesnt cut down on the heat from the engine in the front I won't hesitate to put the fronts back in during the summer.

And BTW.... the front two will fit in the washing machine just fine.

No more flopping carpet in the back when the doors are off!!! I have some rubber mats that I am going to cut to fit under the seats in front/back that will keep the rattles down too.
Back to top Go down
TxCrawler
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
TxCrawler

Number of posts : 491
Rig : 98 TJ
specs. : Under Construction
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: It finally happened   It finally happened Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009, 4:09 pm

carpet. who needs carpet.... Carpet is for cars Laughing (we really need the flip off smiley here)
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

PostSubject: Re: It finally happened   It finally happened Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009, 4:22 pm

this morning when I got to the office (doors still off of course), I lifted certain areas of the carpet to allow some air flow under it. Of course it is hotter than hell out there as suspected. I just went out and checked and everything is bone dry, except for the area right by the tailgate. Of course I can't leave my tailgate open in the office parking lot. So I'll do that tomorrow at home to to get that small bit of carpet dry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It finally happened   It finally happened Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It finally happened
Page 1 of 1