MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SA Install Party

Go down 
+12
redneckhouston
Dutchboy101
jonsjeep
littleredrubicon
JK-fredd0
Duke
Gym Rat
jkx0778
Deacon
CRUX
..::Ryan::..
Renee10
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

SA Install Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: SA Install Party   SA Install Party Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 5:49 pm

Yeah, he shouldn't be driving on that at all until the alignment gets done. Brake Check is having a lifetime alignment deal right now for like $87. About the same as 4WP for a single alignment, I think.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

SA Install Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: SA Install Party   SA Install Party Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 2:57 pm

He will need an alignment done also. with the lift, camber and tow change. not sure how much they change on the tj, but even with the 2.5" lift i started with, the tow needed to be adjusted. when i got adj control arms and trackbar, i went back to the alignment machine to get everything tweaked again.

btw, did i miss a post. when did he say he was having death wobble? is it shaking the whole jeep? it should have a little shimmy, but should not be shaking really bad unless a weight dropped from one of the tires or something came loose. but we double checked everything..... scratch

Oh, Jelani here's an example of what ppl are waiting to see lol!

http://www.myjeepforum.net/rolling-rubber-f26/wheels-and-tires-makes-a-big-difference-t2048.htm
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

SA Install Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: SA Install Party   SA Install Party Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 2:06 pm

Well...yeah, that makes sense. I opted for an adjustable trackbar to be installed at the same time as the kit. If track is off enough, it can cause problems.
Back to top Go down
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

Number of posts : 2345
Rig : 2007 sahara unlimted
specs. : 5.5 rockkrawler mid arm with 39's rancho rear bumper pure jeep front bumper dana 44 front axle, no carpet and a funny dusty smell
Registration date : 2008-02-27

SA Install Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: SA Install Party   SA Install Party Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 10:54 am

he needs an adj track bar. we can go ahead and drill out the stock bracket to move the stock track bar in the front and that may fix it...
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

SA Install Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: SA Install Party   SA Install Party Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 12:22 am

Weird. Those tires were butter smooth on my rig. I guess you never know what differences there will be between Jeeps.
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Number of posts : 2515
Rig : 2007 Stone White 2-Door
Registration date : 2008-01-27

SA Install Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: SA Install Party   SA Install Party Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2009, 9:19 pm

Guys, sounds like Jelani has the death wobble, we will need to send him some advice for fixing this, I know with MArshall's jeep we took it to Brutal, they found a broken suspension bracket, and they took off and put on a new track arm and it fixed it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeep-nation.com
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

SA Install Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: SA Install Party   SA Install Party Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2009, 11:08 am

jonsjeep wrote:
how's it running? and it is customary for you to post pics...

x2 on the pics, especially since your put it in you avatar. some good before and after shots from the front & side will do nicely :worthless:

guess we'll have to wait until after 3:30
Back to top Go down
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

specs. : 5.5 rockkrawler mid arm with 39's rancho rear bumper pure jeep front bumper dana 44 front axle, no carpet and a funny dusty smell

SA Install Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: SA Install Party   SA Install Party Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2009, 10:14 am

how's it running? and it is customary for you to post pics...

Conscious_Dream wrote:
I just want to thank everyone who helped out on Saturday. I really appreciate the time, focus, and energy you all put into my rig. See you at the beach!
Back to top Go down
Gym Rat
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
Gym Rat

Number of posts : 42
Rig : 2005 Rubicon
specs. : I've done a few things.
Registration date : 2009-07-05

SA Install Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: SA Install Party   SA Install Party Icon_minitimeSun 23 Aug 2009, 10:51 am

I just want to thank everyone who helped out on Saturday. I really appreciate the time, focus, and energy you all put into my rig. See you at the beach!
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

SA Install Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: SA Install Party   SA Install Party Icon_minitimeSun 23 Aug 2009, 2:36 am

Well? How'd it all go, y'all? I'm rapt with anticipation! Smile
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

SA Install Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: SA Install Party   SA Install Party Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 10:41 am

We are here and rolling...putting in Cody's seats, Jelani where are you?
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

SA Install Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: SA Install Party   SA Install Party Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 6:41 am

Sorry, guys, but I'm not going to be able to make this one after all. I'd really liked to have made it, as I'm sure I could offer a few pointers based on my, err, "experience" with the same lift Jelani's going to install, or at least what NOT to do, but it's 5:45. Not up early. Up late. And now I've got stuff I have to get done tomorrow before late afternoon, too.

Next time, I promise!

Good luck, Jelani. Y'all take lots of pics. I want to see what I missed out on, especially the results!
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

SA Install Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: SA Install Party   SA Install Party Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 9:57 pm

Yep 9ish sounds good!
Back to top Go down
Rockintjak
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
Rockintjak

Number of posts : 119
Rig : '06 Rubicon
specs. : A few thing done to it.
Registration date : 2009-08-07

SA Install Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: SA Install Party   SA Install Party Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 7:08 pm

I have nothing to work on unless someone has a big sheet of steel to panel my trailer. But I'll come out to help and just meet some people. What time is it starting? 9-10ish right?
Back to top Go down
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

Number of posts : 3197
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

SA Install Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: SA Install Party   SA Install Party Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 6:41 pm

Hey, sorry everyone that I've been absent all week. I'm currently not staying at home and have limited internet.

Don't know if I'll make it out to the install party tomorrow. I hope to. Sorry Jelani if I can't help out on your install.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruzcreation.com
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

SA Install Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: SA Install Party   SA Install Party Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 1:31 pm

i've got all we need. Fred, what not's finished tomorrow, we can tackle on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
JK-fredd0
Got No Life
Got No Life
JK-fredd0

Number of posts : 812
Rig : 2007 JK Unlimited Sahara
Registration date : 2009-01-26

SA Install Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: SA Install Party   SA Install Party Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 12:43 pm

i am in for a fender chop. how long does it take? i have to leave at 11ish. i have a customer to pick up from the airport at noon and a family birthday party at 2. sucks to need a sale that bad, but i gotta sell the cars to pay for the toys.

i will bring water & sodas in a cooler. i will leave that for everyone when i leave. i'll get 4 cases of water & ice. what kind of sodas do y'all want?
Back to top Go down
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet

Number of posts : 758
Rig : '08 Rubicon
specs. : 3.25 RC Lift - OR-Fab Stinger
Registration date : 2009-06-11

SA Install Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: SA Install Party   SA Install Party Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 11:30 am

I want to try and finish my fender chop if we can do that tomorrow. I don't have a sander or anything to make the cuts nicer looking.
Back to top Go down
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

SA Install Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: SA Install Party   SA Install Party Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 11:09 am

what time are we starting? We are doing it at my place right? can we get a list of projects that we are doing? I want to prep for tomorrrow...
Back to top Go down
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

SA Install Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: SA Install Party   SA Install Party Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 11:07 am

i can help you too. I have done a couple of lifts....
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

SA Install Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: SA Install Party   SA Install Party Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 10:07 am

I am bringing some chicken and rice to the install, can someone else bring some water, sodas?

Desert??
Back to top Go down
Spillz

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-08-20

SA Install Party Empty
PostSubject: thanks guys   SA Install Party Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 9:48 am

Good morning, thank you so much for your replies to my help request. I live on I-10 west off of Boerne Stage Road, so somewhat close to some of you guys. I'm leaving for San Diego, CA today to enjoy some excellent weather compared to this heat inferno we've been experiencing the past couple of months. I plan on returning on Monday, so I plan on starting Tuesday in the early evening hours. I know most of you guys have a life (wife, kids, etc..), so I probably would not want to bother you guys it may have to wait for the weekend, but i sure would love to put the new suspension in before the weekend. Thanks everyone...
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

SA Install Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: SA Install Party   SA Install Party Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 9:03 pm

For reference, I'm at 1604 and Hausman, near UTSA.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

SA Install Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: SA Install Party   SA Install Party Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 8:59 pm

you could leave one of us san antonio guys you jeep keys and it'll be done by the time you get back lol!

when your ready, post up and i will pm you my number. where abouts do you live? some of us are around leon valley (where i work) and along blanco /281 @ 1604 area, and some of us live around 1604 & 151/potranco/ hwy 90.
Back to top Go down
Spillz

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-08-20

SA Install Party Empty
PostSubject: New Guy here   SA Install Party Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 7:06 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Marty and I'm new to this Jeep forum. I posted a thread earlier requesting stand-by help with the installation of a 2.5 inch Rough Country suspension lift on my 2008 Jeep Jk. I see you guys are having a install party this weekend, but unfortunately I will be out of town this weekend Crying or Very sad I plan on installing beginning August 25th, but due to my limited knowledge or a better way of saying this should be no knowledge in jeep suspensions I could use a little bit of guidance. My jeep is my daily driver, so I want to make sure I do the install correctly and really concerned about the ride when the suspension lift is complete. Anyways, if anyone can lend an ear that week I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SA Install Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: SA Install Party   SA Install Party Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SA Install Party
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next