MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

4 Wheel Parts + Jeep = Fail

Go down 
+4
terrahawk
JK-fredd0
Mr.RonGilbert
Deacon
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JK-fredd0
Got No Life
Got No Life
JK-fredd0

Number of posts : 812
Rig : 2007 JK Unlimited Sahara
Registration date : 2009-01-26

4 Wheel Parts + Jeep = Fail - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 Wheel Parts + Jeep = Fail   4 Wheel Parts + Jeep = Fail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009, 11:52 am

so they really didn't give you any gas, huh?
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: 4 Wheel Parts + Jeep = Fail   4 Wheel Parts + Jeep = Fail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009, 11:53 am

That sucks!!!
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: 4 Wheel Parts + Jeep = Fail   4 Wheel Parts + Jeep = Fail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009, 12:00 pm

Well, they nearly filled the tank (hell, I'd lost about a quarter tank due to the incident alone), but the gauge is faulty. Either the floater's sticking or it's the wrong resistance, apparently.

I talked to John, one of the shop managers from 4WP who did the install. He seems to think maybe it's the wrong part, saying something about how if it's an 8-ohm system but a 16-ohm assembly (or the other way around?) it could read at full constantly until it's empty, at which it's reading half, etc. He says he really really doubts it's the orientation of the assembly, but that he'll try reorienting it if that's what it takes. I think after the whole ordeal of the lift he just wants me running right and out of his hair...
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

PostSubject: Re: 4 Wheel Parts + Jeep = Fail   4 Wheel Parts + Jeep = Fail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009, 5:47 pm

Well the dudes at Ancira say no, that's the right part, and maybe it's just bad, so they're going to send a replacement over to 4WP at some point in the next week or so, at which point I'll have to drive down and hang out while they install it. Not the best arrangement, but hey, at least it's getting taken care of (hopefully).
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

PostSubject: Re: 4 Wheel Parts + Jeep = Fail   4 Wheel Parts + Jeep = Fail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 11:54 pm

So I'm in OK City on business, but I dropped the Jeep off on the way to the airport Monday morning. I went ahead and dropped off my Savvy aluminum high-clearance tank skid, too, and said since they're dropping the tank again anyway, can they go ahead and put it back up again with the new skid instead. They said alright, since I'm going through all this trouble they'll go ahead and do that for me. I'm also having them double-check Brake Check's alignment and grease a really hard to get at zerk fitting on the new Currie tie rod and drag link setup.

I got a call this afternoon from John at 4WP saying that it turns out the original replacement pump assembly wasn't bad, but rather it just wasn't adjusted/calibrated properly, his fault, and he's fixed it so that now it's showing more accurately. He said something about an arrow and some notches, but I honestly have no idea what he's talking about. It's always showed less than was actually in the tank (on E it would still have a good 4 gallons or so left), and apparently the newly adjusted sending unit is right in line with that again.

Apparently the new skid went up nice and easy, too, and with the 1" body lift that's in finally it means I'm getting the high-clearance benefit of it, too (~1.5" higher than stock skid).

So I get back into town Thursday afternoon, and I'll be hopping a cab from the airport to 4WP to pick it up. Finally I've got most of the boxes cleared out of my garage, as everything's pretty much installed. Except now I'll have 4.88's, Super35 kit, C-clip eliminator, and Eaton E-Locker (all from Superior Axle & Gear) to install, along with replacement diff covers... And soon a pair of MetalCloak arched tube fenders with 6" bolt-on flares to install, too.

It never ends until the credit card maxes out, eh? I've got to slow down...

Except I want to install an Eaton E-Locker in the front, too, since I'll have it all opened up and out anyway. But that's just more money I don't have.

And then it's rockers, corners, LED rear brake lights, SS SYE/CV, electronic speedo to handle the SS SYE's ring tone, which will let me do a tummy tuck and engine/oilpan/transmission skid, too.

Good lord...
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

PostSubject: Re: 4 Wheel Parts + Jeep = Fail   4 Wheel Parts + Jeep = Fail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 10:29 am

And when your done with Jeep, you can start investing in parts for mine. :mischievious:
I wish I had your financial Jeep budget.
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

PostSubject: Re: 4 Wheel Parts + Jeep = Fail   4 Wheel Parts + Jeep = Fail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 12:08 pm

It'll easily be mid next year before it's "done" (with that list). And sometimes necessity may switch up priorities if something breaks or is bashed or whatever. Thank god those MetalCloak fenders are free Smile Hard to turn down that deal. And it helps that I only paid $12.7k for the Jeep itself, and being my only car payment...
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

PostSubject: Re: 4 Wheel Parts + Jeep = Fail   4 Wheel Parts + Jeep = Fail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 12:11 pm

I'd like to say that is what I paid form y Jeep, but i'd be lying.

How did you get those fenders for free? Do they have them for the JK?
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

PostSubject: Re: 4 Wheel Parts + Jeep = Fail   4 Wheel Parts + Jeep = Fail - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 6:54 pm

I don't think they make any JK stuff yet, but if you're interested, drop them a line. I wouldn't be surprised if they recruited you as a test mule, or at least would tap you for ideas and cut you a deal on developed products. http://www.metalcloak.com/ for more.

For the explanation of the free acquisition, see http://www.myjeepforum.net/let-s-see-em-show-your-rigs-f9/tj-phase-1-complete-t2154.htm#29458
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4 Wheel Parts + Jeep = Fail   4 Wheel Parts + Jeep = Fail - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4 Wheel Parts + Jeep = Fail
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2