MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Are these any good?

Go down 
+3
terrahawk
Deacon
..::Ryan::..
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet

Number of posts : 758
Rig : '08 Rubicon
specs. : 3.25 RC Lift - OR-Fab Stinger
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Are these any good? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are these any good?   Are these any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Sep 2009, 2:53 pm

This looks like it has a little bit more parts on it...
http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_jk_3.html

What else would I need to get with that?
Back to top Go down
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet

PostSubject: Re: Are these any good?   Are these any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009, 4:51 pm

Anyone?
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Are these any good?   Are these any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009, 5:00 pm

..::Ryan::.. wrote:
This looks like it has a little bit more parts on it...
http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_jk_3.html

What else would I need to get with that?

Well... Its been debated on other forums. But RC seems to cut corners on every size lift. For 3.25", you really should have adjustable trackbars, plus adjustable control arms or cam bolts (though I don't think there's many fans of cam bolts on this forum).

If you remove the 3/4" spacers from that kit, then you what you really have is the way their 2.5" kit "should" ship.
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet

PostSubject: Re: Are these any good?   Are these any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009, 5:37 pm

so it would be better to get the 3.25 and remove the spacers?
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

PostSubject: Re: Are these any good?   Are these any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009, 6:39 pm

..::Ryan::.. wrote:
so it would be better to get the 3.25 and remove the spacers?

That would be a pretty good idea. And hold on to the spacers- if you add a heavier bumper/winch on the front, you can add the spacers in to compensate for the added weight. Same thing in the back if you add a heavier bumper, carrier, and larger tire.
Back to top Go down
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet

PostSubject: Re: Are these any good?   Are these any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009, 7:04 pm

I like your thinking!
Back to top Go down
Bizarro
Golden Child
Bizarro

Number of posts : 614
Rig : Yellow '08 JK 4 door
specs. : 3" Teraflex lift, 35x12.5x17 KM2
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Are these any good?   Are these any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009, 5:58 pm

redneckhouston wrote:

then get track bars as you can afford them......then control arms

N2rock wrote:

you really should have adjustable trackbars, plus adjustable control arms or cam bolts (though I don't think there's many fans of cam bolts on this forum).

I think an adjustable trackbar for the front will be my next upgrade. Few questions to ease my simple mind. Both you guys said trackbars plural. I have a rear trackbar relocation bracket on the axle. It has a few different locations for the TB. I assume I don't need an aftermarket TB for the rear with that. Is there a way to tell if I have it in the correct setting? For the front, is the JKS TB a good choice?
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

PostSubject: Re: Are these any good?   Are these any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009, 6:09 pm

Bizarro wrote:

I think an adjustable trackbar for the front will be my next upgrade. Few questions to ease my simple mind. Both you guys said trackbars plural. I have a rear trackbar relocation bracket on the axle. It has a few different locations for the TB. I assume I don't need an aftermarket TB for the rear with that. Is there a way to tell if I have it in the correct setting? For the front, is the JKS TB a good choice?

Adjustable trackbars are preferred over brackets. So at some point you should switch the rear to an adjustable.

JKS trackbar- that is what I have. Yes, they are good. But if I were to do it over again I would go with Poly Performance. Simple reason being that you can adjust the Poly while it is mounted. The JKS requires that you disconnect one side to adjust it. That makes it difficult to get it set perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are these any good?   Are these any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are these any good?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2