MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet

Go down 
+15
TxRubiRig
potlickinpirate
Mr.RonGilbert
JK-fredd0
jeeperjennie
terrahawk
Duke
MudHound
Dutchboy101
justinajeep
..::Ryan::..
goldenboy
jeff.lyon3
TxCrawler
Renee10
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Number of posts : 2515
Rig : 2007 Stone White 2-Door
Registration date : 2008-01-27

3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Empty
PostSubject: 3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet   3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 10:07 pm

Yes its time to start planning for next years event. We are looking for a good spot to have it and from the suggestions from last year we should probably push it back to maybe April (warmer weather). Any and all suggestions are welcome, let us know what your thinking!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeep-nation.com
TxCrawler
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
TxCrawler

Number of posts : 491
Rig : 98 TJ
specs. : Under Construction
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet   3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 2:19 am

The new Katemcy ... K2
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Number of posts : 2295
Rig : 07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet   3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 9:24 am

April sounds good. Better camping weather.
Back to top Go down
goldenboy
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
goldenboy

Number of posts : 473
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : close to stock
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet   3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 9:24 am

TxCrawler wrote:
The new Katemcy ... K2

ditto
Back to top Go down
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet

Number of posts : 758
Rig : '08 Rubicon
specs. : 3.25 RC Lift - OR-Fab Stinger
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet   3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 2:16 am

Never been to any of them so whenever is good with me!
Back to top Go down
justinajeep
Poster child
Poster child
justinajeep

Number of posts : 388
Rig : 2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ
specs. : 2" budget lift with rough country shocks
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet   3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 4:46 am

I'm not so sure about k2 its only 400 acres where Barnwell is 1800 and Hidden Falls is 2800 acres.....
Back to top Go down
http://outlawjeep.webs.com/
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet   3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 12:54 pm

I agree with what G said in the other thread. Katemcy might not be ready to hold a large gathering of Jeeps and we do not know anything about the trails.

My vote is still Barnwell Mountain, it is about time that the San Antonio crew drives for 4+ hours to an event. 3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Lol
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet   3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 1:09 pm

Dutchboy101 wrote:
My vote is still Barnwell Mountain, it is about time that the San Antonio crew drives for 4+ hours to an event. 3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Lol

Suck up
Back to top Go down
MudHound
Got No Life
Got No Life
MudHound

Number of posts : 1323
Rig : 97 TJ
specs. : Part TJ, Part JK, Part CJ, Part K30.....The hell?
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet   3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 6:29 pm

Hey I agree that the SA crew needs to go drive alittle for once. How else are we getting to Shiloh or Barnwell
Back to top Go down
Duke
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Duke

Number of posts : 477
Rig : JEEP
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet   3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 7:04 pm

Dutchboy101 wrote:

Try closer to 7 hours. It sucks.

I would take a 100 acres of central Texas granite to anything else in the state. K2 gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet   3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 9:27 pm

BMRA is a great place, and either way I'll have to drive a butt load of miles so that's not even a factor for me.
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Number of posts : 2929
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet   3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 9:31 pm

Well I guess we need to decide if we want this to be a big run or a small run.

If we are trying to beat our total number of rigs from last year then we can not go to K2, it is way more advanced then what most people are use to. After talking to Shane and Randy I really think it's a bad idea, they said the new park is nuts compaired to the old park. I mean me and G are game and plan on going opening weekend but we really think having the TSJM there will be a real bad idea.

I think the only 2 good options are Barnwell and Hidden Falls which ever is cool with me but Duke are you forgetting the other two TSJM's?

TSJM #1

Houston to Llano = 248 miles 6 hours with out stops
SA to Llano = 109 miles 2 hours 20 min no stops

TSJM #2

Houston to Leakey = 342 miles 7 hours with out stops
SA to Leakey = 102 miles 2 hours 5 min with out stops

Houston total miles driven for TSJM's round trips 1180 miles

SA total miles driven for TJSM's round trips 422 miles

Yeah I think you guys could do Barnwell at least once

Last edited by jeeperjennie on Sun 25 Oct 2009, 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockrash4x4.com
justinajeep
Poster child
Poster child
justinajeep

Number of posts : 388
Rig : 2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ
specs. : 2" budget lift with rough country shocks
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet   3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 9:35 pm

jeeperjennie wrote:
Well I guess we need to decide if we want this to be a big run or a small run.

If we are trying to beat our total number of rigs from last year then we can not go to K2, it is way more advanced then what most people are use to. After talking to Shane and Randy I really think it's a bad idea, they said the new park is nuts compaired to the old park. I mean me and G are game and plan on going opening weekend but we really think having the TSJM there will be a real bad idea.

And Duke are you forgetting the other two TSJM's? Should we add how many miles we have driven for these events?

Duke here's the math for you

TSJM #1

Houston to Llano = 248 miles 6 hours with out stops
SA to Llano = 109 miles 2 hours 20 min no stops

TSJM #2

Houston to Leakey = 342 miles 7 hours with out stops
SA to Leakey = 102 miles 2 hours 5 min with out stops

OK lets add it up

Houston total miles driven for TSJM's round trips 1180 miles

SA total miles driven for TJSM's round trips 422 miles

Yeah I think you guys could do Barnwell at least once

RIGHT ON!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://outlawjeep.webs.com/
JK-fredd0
Got No Life
Got No Life
JK-fredd0

Number of posts : 812
Rig : 2007 JK Unlimited Sahara
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet   3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 10:08 pm

i am down for where ever...
Back to top Go down
Duke
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Duke

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet   3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 10:18 pm

jeeperjennie wrote:
Duke here's the math for you

We all make a choice to live where we do. Occasionally that location places us a great deal from the wheeling we love.

I've traveled to wheel. I've made a couple of 3k mile round trips to Colorado/Moab. I would just not choose to drive 7 hours to wheel Barnwheel again. My preference is rocks, plain and simple. We all have different tastes and part of what makes this hobbie so intersting.

I guess I'll see you at the opening weekend of K2. We wheeled Katemcy the weekend before the grand opening last time and I can't wait to hit the new site.
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet   3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 10:30 pm

You are right that we all kinda choose where we live but you can not punish the waco and houston chapters for living far away from the rocks. If thats the case then there should only be a SA chapter....and the other two should break off and have their own event else where.

Grand opening week will be awesome! Packed but awesome...can't wait to meet ya there!

BTW did you go to TSJM last year or the year before?
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet   3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 10:41 pm

I don't think anyone is trying to "punish" anyone. From the looks of the poll it is going to be Barnwell.

2010 LOCATION FOR TSJM
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Brazos Valley Off Road Ranch - Bryan, TX</td><td><table class="progress-bar" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Vote_lcap</td><td>3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Voting_bar</td><td>3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Vote_rcap</td></tr></table></td><td align="center"> 5% </td><td align="center">[ 1 ]</td></tr><tr><td>Barnwell Mountain - Gilmer, TX</td><td><table class="progress-bar" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Vote_lcap</td><td>3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Voting_bar</td><td>3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Vote_rcap</td></tr></table></td><td align="center"> 52% </td><td align="center">[ 10 ]</td></tr><tr><td>Hidden Falls Adventure Park - Marble Falls, TX</td><td><table class="progress-bar" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Vote_lcap</td><td>3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Voting_bar</td><td>3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Vote_rcap</td></tr></table></td><td align="center"> 42% </td><td align="center">[ 8 ]</td></tr><tr><td>Rockcreek Off Road Park Lipan, TX</td><td><table class="progress-bar" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Vote_lcap</td><td>3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Voting_bar</td><td>3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Vote_rcap</td></tr></table></td><td align="center"> 0% </td><td align="center">[ 0 ]</td></tr></table>
Total Votes : 19
We usually seem to go with majority rules. This one should be the same. Exercise you right to vote! Drive time always draws some heated debate.

And Jennie did just plan a trip in our backyard (Long Ranch)

BTW I voted for Hidden Falls.
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet   3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 10:42 pm

guess pasting that poll didn't work too well:)
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet   3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 10:42 pm

As much as I love Barnwell perhaps Hidden Falls is central enough to get more rigs.... if we want to get the most rigs possible. Still not as many rocks as K2 but it is big enough to host a party, has nice campsites and clean bathrooms. We had a Damn good turnout last year, other than the F'ed up wind. We may get more if it is central.

On the other hand Barnwell may open up the run to some folks from Louisiana (Corey and Co) as well as Oklahoma and Arkansas...

I have made peace with the fact that I have to drive.... I do it for deer hunting too... kinda crazy looking back at how many times I drove to Del Rio and back every weekend. Granted it was in my cozy F250...

I am game for whatever - just ready to get back on the trail.

Last edited by Mr.RonGilbert on Sun 25 Oct 2009, 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet   3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 10:43 pm

Barnwell 10
Hidden Falls 8
Back to top Go down
Duke
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Duke

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet   3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 10:47 pm

jeeperjennie wrote:
BTW did you go to TSJM last year or the year before?

Two years ago I believe we were wheeling at the Jeep Jamboree that was planned and paid for months before the idea of this event even came up. Last year we were in Hawaii during the event, again booked months before the event date was confirmed. My trailer made it last year with Renee's Jeep on it. Does that count........ 3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Icon_lol.
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet   3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 10:49 pm

Let's all go to Clayton, OK!
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet   3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 10:52 pm

I forgot that you ditched us for Hawaii!!!!

Shame on you....

(just a little jealous)
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet   3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 10:57 pm

Ron's idea ought to be added as well.
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet   3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 11:01 pm

jdldx3 wrote:
I don't think anyone is trying to "punish" anyone. From the looks of the poll it is going to be Barnwell.

I know but the way he made it sound it seemed as if he was saying we just live too far from the cool wheeling spots and that tuff stuff for us.

Duke I guess your trailer counts lol i had forgot you ditched on us lol but I know you guys had a good time over there!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet   3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3rd Annual Texas Size Jeep Meet
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next