MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WTB: Hand gun

Go down 
+5
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
CRUX
jeeperjennie
Maverick1701
..::Ryan::..
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Ben
Ennis Del Mar
Ben

Number of posts : 601
Rig : yellow, six speed, vinyl, no carpet or rear seat
specs. : rubi takeoffs 2.5" RC spring lift
Registration date : 2009-02-09

WTB: Hand gun Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTB: Hand gun   WTB: Hand gun Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 4:12 pm

We all need to be like my rich uncle. He and his buddy load their own stuff and they shoot about 1,000 rounds a month. O, btw, his buddy built his own 25 yard indoor shooting range in his back yard. Two portable buildings butted together walls cut out, and a bullet trap at the end, and a ventilation system. But they actually have had a hard time even finding the bullets and primers to reload. They can get powder, and they have all the brass they could ever need. But hopefully prices are coming down.

And yes I also used to scoff at .22 conversions for 1911 but have been considering it as you get to practice with the gun u will use, even if the shooting characteristics aren't the same. At least grips, hand position, sites will be close.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lemonparty.org
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

Number of posts : 3197
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Hand gun   WTB: Hand gun Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 4:03 pm

Don't dispair...prices are coming down! I just came from Academy, and their price on 30 rd. Magpuls are $24! Almost picked up a few.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruzcreation.com
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Hand gun   WTB: Hand gun Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 4:02 pm

Ben wrote:
Most of my shooting this year has been with .22 as that is about all I can afford.

i've been tossing around the idea or a .22 conversion kit for my .45.
unfortunately, i have PO p14-45. I haven't found a kit for it. but i've seen them for single stack .45s.

I've only been to the range about 3 times in 2009 due to the ammo crunch. luckily i'd picked up a few 100 rd boxes of winchester 230 gr fmj for $29.95 each back in jan & feb. then, they disappeared from the shelves and have been missing ever since. WTB: Hand gun Icon_cry .
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ennis Del Mar
Ben

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Hand gun   WTB: Hand gun Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 3:53 pm

Actually the price of ammo has kept me from shooting almost entirely for the past year. Just three years ago when Mav and I were shooting IDPA, we could buy 100 rounds of .45acp for about 22$. Now try 80$ or more. If you can find it. I actually shot 25 rounds last weekend because I missed it so much. But don't worry, I have my "zombie panic" closet well stocked with hundreds of rounds of .45acp, 3030, 30.06, LOTS of 12ga slugs and buckshot rounds, .357mag, .38, and of course, .30 carbine.

Most of my shooting this year has been with .22 as that is about all I can afford.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Hand gun   WTB: Hand gun Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 3:43 pm

i would think twice about a .45 for a range gun. right now, decent ammo is HARD to find in san antonio. at least in quantities that you would take to the range. trust me i hit academy & walmart on at least every other week. My cousin does the same (we try to alternate and if we find some, buy for the other). He hits up the south side and i try to cover from vance jackson/ih-10 to potranco.

a 9mm or even a .40 cal is easier to feed right now and prices are coming back down on that ammo. if you want capacity, para ordnance has double stacks in 9mm - .45 cal. many of the other 1911 makers also offer in smaller calibers too.

www.durysguns.com is a good place to browse for used guns and they offer warranties on any gun they sell
Back to top Go down
akonius
Got No Life
Got No Life
akonius

Number of posts : 845
Rig : '08 4dr JK
specs. : 2.5 BB w/9550's, XRC8 winch, 35"x18" Nittos and a bunch of other stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Hand gun   WTB: Hand gun Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 3:13 pm

Ben wrote:
...last time i saw one on gunbroker the gun was 1700 stock. Maybe after I make my first million.

I'll forward you that Nigerian's email offer!! Then you'll have your million!
Back to top Go down
http://www.akonius.com
Ben
Ennis Del Mar
Ben

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Hand gun   WTB: Hand gun Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 1:53 pm

Bought the gun itself used for 700, spent about 500 for sights, grips, checkering, mag chute. A lot of it is just vanity really, but I do love the gun, it is my favorite carry gun. I want to build a twin just like it except with an ambidextrious safety, but alas they don't make these longslide v16's anymore and last time i saw one on gunbroker the gun was 1700 stock. Maybe after I make my first million.
Back to top Go down
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet

Number of posts : 758
Rig : '08 Rubicon
specs. : 3.25 RC Lift - OR-Fab Stinger
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Hand gun   WTB: Hand gun Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 1:46 pm

Ben wrote:
And who would know more about compensating with large firearms than me and Maverick?

This is my compensation, it is a springfield armory LONGslide v16 ported .45 and .45 super, with all the bells and wistles including adj. tritium sites, laser grips etc. It can shoot a single hole at 25 yards rested all day long. With the long barrel and compensator, it can take a second to pick up your front site, but you can double tap all day long and put both bullets in the same hole or pretty close.

WTB: Hand gun 2rcr3gj

Maverick post up your compensation and show the boyz what a REAL penis looks like. (ur ar-15)

How much does something like that run? That looks bad azzzz
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ennis Del Mar
Ben

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Hand gun   WTB: Hand gun Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 1:37 pm

And who would know more about compensating with large firearms than me and Maverick?

This is my compensation, it is a springfield armory LONGslide v16 ported .45 and .45 super, with all the bells and wistles including adj. tritium sites, laser grips etc. It can shoot a single hole at 25 yards rested all day long. With the long barrel and compensator, it can take a second to pick up your front site, but you can double tap all day long and put both bullets in the same hole or pretty close.

WTB: Hand gun 2rcr3gj

Maverick post up your compensation and show the boyz what a REAL penis looks like. (ur ar-15)
Back to top Go down
Maverick1701
Jack Twist
Maverick1701

Number of posts : 910
Rig : 1968 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 6x6
specs. : ITS BIG!!!!!
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Hand gun   WTB: Hand gun Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 1:23 pm

akonius wrote:
CRUX wrote:
You can probably find a better deal at Academy than a gun show IMO. Last 3-4 I went to, the pricing was ridiculous.

y. Bottom line is a gun aint any good to ya without bullets!...

I disagree... there is still one use for a firearm w/no ammo....it shows everyone around that you have a HUGE penis
Back to top Go down
akonius
Got No Life
Got No Life
akonius

specs. : 2.5 BB w/9550's, XRC8 winch, 35"x18" Nittos and a bunch of other stuff...

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Hand gun   WTB: Hand gun Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 1:20 pm

CRUX wrote:
You can probably find a better deal at Academy than a gun show IMO. Last 3-4 I went to, the pricing was ridiculous.

that is definately true...but don't rule out Gander Mountain. They also have insane deals at times. Nowadays, as the "gun rush" is now pretty much over...firearm costs are coming down because "ammo" is getting expensive, and in some cases...hard to find! I mean, AR's that were close to $2,000 are down below a grand again...it's just crazy. Bottom line is a gun aint any good to ya without bullets!...unless you have a real good throwing arm, that is!

gunsamerica and gunbroker.com are good places to browse...when you know what you want already...you might get lucky.
Back to top Go down
akonius
Got No Life
Got No Life
akonius

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Hand gun   WTB: Hand gun Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 1:16 pm

N2rock wrote:

I've been told that you have to go in the afternoon of the final day of the show. The vendors know that is their last chance to sell the item. Otherwise they have to box it all back up and transport it back home or their shop. So they are willing to cut deals just to avoid as much hassle of returning home as possible.

...hmmm...nice tactic indeed!
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Hand gun   WTB: Hand gun Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 12:45 pm

Ben wrote:
EXACTLY! That is the gun that was in my mind! And that is the gun I chose also. Chris, are all marine magnums stainless? Is the stainless what makes it a marine magnum, or can u get the marine magnum in stainless or blued? And x2 on the gunshow stuff. It is fun to go and look, but I have rarely found a real good deal at a gunshow.

I've been told that you have to go in the afternoon of the final day of the show. The vendors know that is their last chance to sell the item. Otherwise they have to box it all back up and transport it back home or their shop. So they are willing to cut deals just to avoid as much hassle of returning home as possible.
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
Ben
Ennis Del Mar
Ben

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Hand gun   WTB: Hand gun Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 11:59 am

EXACTLY! That is the gun that was in my mind! And that is the gun I chose also. Chris, are all marine magnums stainless? Is the stainless what makes it a marine magnum, or can u get the marine magnum in stainless or blued? And x2 on the gunshow stuff. It is fun to go and look, but I have rarely found a real good deal at a gunshow.
Back to top Go down
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Hand gun   WTB: Hand gun Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 11:26 am

I have a Remington 12 ga 870 express marine magnum. Just want something to play with at the target range.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ennis Del Mar
Ben

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Hand gun   WTB: Hand gun Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 11:12 am

Also, (soap box time,) I don't know your background in firearms but if you are new to it, don't get a handgun unless you are going to seriously take the time to become proficient with it. Me and Maverick used to shoot IDPA matches and there were guys there who made a living off of competitive shooting with race guns etc, and sometimes they would miss from about 10 feet out. The point is handguns are not like on the movies, the range is small, they are very hard to control, very hard to be accurate with, and will not be a guaranteed take down even if you do connect. They have their place but I have long been a fan of the statement, "In any situation where a firearm is involved, there is never a situation in which I would rather have a handgun vs a long gun, (shotty or rifle.)" They are good for back up and concealed carry, but if I had to have a single gun in my house for protection it wouldn't be a handgun. Just my .02, and you may be a gun enthusiast and already know all that. Just realize if you get a hangun please please practice and become proficient. They are hard enough to use when there is no pressure, imagine if someone is threatining you. If you get one, do some local IDPA matches. There is a HUGE difference in standing still, lining up a shot and "target shooting," vs, shooting on the move, fast, thinking of rounds in the gun, reloads etc. Boy, me and Mav could go on and on about this, but bottom line, if it is for home defense, get a 12 or 20 ga. shotty, preferably one with an extended mag tube and get some .000 buck.
Back to top Go down
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

Number of posts : 944
Rig : YJ/TJ, V8, tons
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Hand gun   WTB: Hand gun Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 10:51 am

CRUX wrote:

x2 on that one crux. Sometimes you can get lucky though.

Academy had the best price on my XD40 when I bought it a few years ago. There's a guy on JKowners who is selling firearms at cost. You just need to have it shipped to a FFL holder, which shouldn't be too hard. Most shops will do it for a fee.
Back to top Go down
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

Number of posts : 3197
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Hand gun   WTB: Hand gun Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 10:48 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.cruzcreation.com
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Number of posts : 2929
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Hand gun   WTB: Hand gun Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 2:38 am

watch for a gun show coming near you, we buy most of ours from gns shows and pawn shops, you can get some real nice deals.....but yes try a few out first and see what feels right to you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockrash4x4.com
Maverick1701
Jack Twist
Maverick1701

Number of posts : 910
Rig : 1968 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 6x6
specs. : ITS BIG!!!!!
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Hand gun   WTB: Hand gun Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 1:37 am

I would recommend going to the local gun range/store and renting a few guns and blow off a few rounds....so you can see what you like/dont like then go from there.

But if you want to look online there is gunbroker.com (ebay style...auctions) and gunsamerica.com which is "normal" style where you send your money w/no auctions
Back to top Go down
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet

PostSubject: WTB: Hand gun   WTB: Hand gun Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 1:16 am

I know we have a bunch of gun freaks on here. I want to get a hand gun of some sort to buy. Where is the best place to get one from? I'm new all of this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Hand gun   WTB: Hand gun Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTB: Hand gun
Page 1 of 1