MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Firestone is such a rip off

Go down 
+5
JK-fredd0
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Duke
Dutchboy101
..::Ryan::..
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet

Number of posts : 758
Rig : '08 Rubicon
specs. : 3.25 RC Lift - OR-Fab Stinger
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Firestone is such a rip off Empty
PostSubject: Firestone is such a rip off   Firestone is such a rip off Icon_minitimeSun 15 Nov 2009, 12:16 pm

After yesterday's wheeling adventure, I am in need of replacing 2 TPMS's. Everywhere is closed on Sunday, besides firestone. I stroll into there and ask for a quote to replace 2 of them. Their quote was $291!!! How the hell can they charge people so much damn money. 2 seconds on google and I can find a sensor for $50. They were trying to charge be $112 per sensor. WTF is wrong with these people?! Anyone know the best place to get a new/used (working) sensor at?
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Firestone is such a rip off   Firestone is such a rip off Icon_minitimeSun 15 Nov 2009, 2:31 pm

Ryan,

I have the tpms sensors and a license plate brake in the garage.
make me an offer...
Back to top Go down
Duke
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Duke

Number of posts : 477
Rig : JEEP
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Firestone is such a rip off   Firestone is such a rip off Icon_minitimeSun 15 Nov 2009, 5:20 pm

Is there any reason you can not do with out them, other than a warning light? I mean the 2007 JK's did not even come with them.
Back to top Go down
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

Number of posts : 944
Rig : YJ/TJ, V8, tons
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Firestone is such a rip off   Firestone is such a rip off Icon_minitimeSun 15 Nov 2009, 5:35 pm

Why not take the money and buy a programmer?
Back to top Go down
JK-fredd0
Got No Life
Got No Life
JK-fredd0

Number of posts : 812
Rig : 2007 JK Unlimited Sahara
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Firestone is such a rip off   Firestone is such a rip off Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009, 1:30 am

take the $$ and buy the AEV procal. it lets you turn off the TPMS. it is like $130 and you will be able to reprogram for bigger tires / gears later
Back to top Go down
Bizarro
Golden Child
Bizarro

Number of posts : 614
Rig : Yellow '08 JK 4 door
specs. : 3" Teraflex lift, 35x12.5x17 KM2
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Firestone is such a rip off   Firestone is such a rip off Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009, 1:48 am

JK-fredd0 wrote:
take the $$ and buy the AEV procal. it lets you turn off the TPMS. it is like $130 and you will be able to reprogram for bigger tires / gears later

I don't have my TPMS sensors installed anymore since I got the beadlocks. I am thinking either AEV procal or Superchips Flashpaq but that is a different discussion.
Back to top Go down
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet

PostSubject: Re: Firestone is such a rip off   Firestone is such a rip off Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009, 6:38 pm

I went to Discount tire today to get some regular old valve stems and they told me it was illegal to put those on my jeep since it comes with tpms sensors.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Firestone is such a rip off   Firestone is such a rip off Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009, 6:43 pm

..::Ryan::.. wrote:
I went to Discount tire today to get some regular old valve stems and they told me it was illegal to put those on my jeep since it comes with tpms sensors.

um no... It is illegal for manufacturers to sell a new car after 2008 without them. But there is no "law" saying consumers can not own wheels without them. If that were the case, then they would have to check for TPMS (and verify they are working correctly) whenever you get your state inspection.
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet

PostSubject: Re: Firestone is such a rip off   Firestone is such a rip off Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009, 6:55 pm

This douche said that I wouldnt be able to pass inspection with out them, but that doesn't apply to me cause the jeep is registered in indiana which doesn't have state inspection on new(er) vehicles. Also, he continued to say that if I got in an accident because the air was too low in the tire it would be their fault. I fail to see how it is there fault. I am sure they sell rims and tires all day long to people with no TPMS sensors for their cars that come equiped with it
Back to top Go down
SASQUATCH
Poster child
Poster child

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Firestone is such a rip off   Firestone is such a rip off Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009, 7:38 pm

N2rock wrote:
..::Ryan::.. wrote:

um no... It is illegal for manufacturers to sell a new car after 2008 without them. But there is no "law" saying consumers can not own wheels without them. If that were the case, then they would have to check for TPMS (and verify they are working correctly) whenever you get your state inspection.

Is this new law for Jeeps only or all vehicles Steve? That's crazy, friggin another electronic bs thing to contend with.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Firestone is such a rip off   Firestone is such a rip off Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009, 7:43 pm

SASQUATCH wrote:

Is this new law for Jeeps only or all vehicles Steve? That's crazy, friggin another electronic bs thing to contend with.

Where you been? Federal mandate requires it in ALL new cars 2008 up, went into affect in 2007 (which is why 2007 JK's don't have TPMS and 2008's do).

Although there are some late year 2007 JK's that did come with TPMS- must have been a short transition period shortly before the '08 models came out of the factory.
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Number of posts : 2295
Rig : 07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Firestone is such a rip off   Firestone is such a rip off Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009, 9:14 pm

Firestone took TPMS sensors out of my 07 and put in regular valve stems. Glad I have an 07, less BS. gets worse every year.
Back to top Go down
JK-fredd0
Got No Life
Got No Life
JK-fredd0

Number of posts : 812
Rig : 2007 JK Unlimited Sahara
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Firestone is such a rip off   Firestone is such a rip off Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009, 10:40 pm

take off the wheels / tires. call friend with truck / jeep. get a ride to a different discount tire. tell them it is for a 2007 model. done.
Back to top Go down
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

Number of posts : 944
Rig : YJ/TJ, V8, tons
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Firestone is such a rip off   Firestone is such a rip off Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009, 11:42 pm

Dude, you live in Essaaay man! We have way better tire stores to get stuff done on the dl. Just go visit your local tire guy on the corner. The guys at my local joint are a lot more fun to talk with than the people at Discount tire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Firestone is such a rip off   Firestone is such a rip off Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Firestone is such a rip off
Page 1 of 1