MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Firestone Destination MTs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Firestone Destination MTs Empty
PostSubject: Firestone Destination MTs   Firestone Destination MTs Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011, 3:42 pm

Some of you have seen these tires on my jeep. I've been running them for about 2 years now (purchased them 05/30/09). I've put 32,368 miles on them as of today and still have about 60% - 70% tread left on them (I'll get the exact tread depth later when I get a gauge). So far, I've been very happy with them. They run about 34" tall mounted on my 4 door. They have handled suprisingly well in wet weather. Much better than I expected. They have less wheel spin and fish tailing than I had with the stock Wrangler SRs. Noise is not loud by mud tire standards, but they do hum on the hwy. They started getting a little noisier recently, but that was due to not getting my alignment done after installing a new axle under the jeep last summer/fall ?? (yeah I know, dumb on my part Rolling Eyes ). They have a slightly softer compound which improves the road grip, but not so soft that they have chunked. I still have all my tread blocks. Some of the outter tread blocks are getting rounded on the edges, but this is pretty normal when spining your wheels in the rocks. As you can see from the pic below, they have a pretty good sidewall tread. The sidewalls flex okay when aired down to 15 psi. They have a 3 ply sidewall and load D rating though this doesn't mean much to me since I don't tow with my jeep.

If you have any questions, just ask. If you see me and want to check the tires out, just take a look Very Happy

Here is a photo from Firestone's site.

Firestone Destination MTs Dest_mt
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

Number of posts : 962
Rig : 1990 XJ Trigger
specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers
Registration date : 2010-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Firestone Destination MTs   Firestone Destination MTs Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011, 6:54 pm

Look pretty mean
Back to top Go down
JK morgan
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk

Number of posts : 160
Rig : 07 jk
specs. : 4' super lift ,rocker runners control arms,superchips flashpaq,ORFAB rear bumper, PCS stinger,
Registration date : 2011-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Firestone Destination MTs   Firestone Destination MTs Icon_minitimeWed 11 May 2011, 9:54 am

i ran them on my 92 full size blazer and had nothing but good things to say about them . they run $242 a tire for 285/70/17 so they are the best tire for the money. i have been thinking hard about putting a set on the jeep and for that price i cant go wrong. the bfg km2s keep going up in price as so the rest of the tires i have been looking at
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Firestone Destination MTs   Firestone Destination MTs Icon_minitimeWed 11 May 2011, 10:19 am

Right now they run about $260 for a 315/70r17. But like every other tire, by the time you pay for road hazard and tax your looking at about $300 out the door.

I'm loving them. Just wish they made them in a 37 rock
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Firestone Destination MTs   Firestone Destination MTs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Firestone Destination MTs
Page 1 of 1