MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I got the "most damage" award!

Go down 
+6
akonius
Ben
Mr.RonGilbert
jeeperjennie
terrahawk
N2rock
10 posters
AuthorMessage
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

I got the "most damage" award! Empty
PostSubject: I got the "most damage" award!   I got the "most damage" award! Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 8:37 am

Only because I woke up Monday morning being the only one still at K2, and George had forgotten to take the trophies- left them sitting on the porch of my cabin. I ran into Joe in Mason, and we had voted to give the "F It" award to Hannah the night before. So I got to give her that trophy- y'all should have seen the smile on her face!

SO... Guess the most damage award is MINE!!

Yeah- I suppose it is appropriate since it took me 9 hours to get home! Discovered real quick that I had lost one of the bolts holding the front caliper, and the other bolt was so loose I'm surprised I didn't lose it too. I spent way too much time trying to find a replacement bolt on the way home. And ended up just letting the caliper grind against the rotor all the way home affraid

When I got home, I took a trick from Geo's playbook- I "borrowed" a bolt from Shannon's JK LOL
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: I got the "most damage" award!   I got the "most damage" award! Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 10:34 am

C'mon...Phil broke twice on the same day in the same spot hahahahahaha.
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Number of posts : 2929
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: I got the "most damage" award!   I got the "most damage" award! Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 12:14 pm

you know Jody thats funny that you said that! We broke twice both times on the back 40 lol, phile broke twice in the same place, and phil got 2 flats lol it was a weekend of doubles!

Last edited by jeeperjennie on Thu 03 Jun 2010, 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockrash4x4.com
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: I got the "most damage" award!   I got the "most damage" award! Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 1:56 pm

Your post reminded me that Geo told me to have a spare brake caliper bolt or two on hand, said that it might make for a long day if I didn't....

once again, good advice. I will check the stealership to see how much they are and pick up a few.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ennis Del Mar
Ben

Number of posts : 601
Rig : yellow, six speed, vinyl, no carpet or rear seat
specs. : rubi takeoffs 2.5" RC spring lift
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: I got the "most damage" award!   I got the "most damage" award! Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 2:17 pm

N2rock wrote:
Only because I woke up Monday morning being the only one still at K2, and George had forgotten to take the trophies- left them sitting on the porch of my cabin. I ran into Joe in Mason, and we had voted to give the "F It" award to Hannah the night before. So I got to give her that trophy- y'all should have seen the smile on her face!

SO... Guess the most damage award is MINE!!

Yeah- I suppose it is appropriate since it took me 9 hours to get home! Discovered real quick that I had lost one of the bolts holding the front caliper, and the other bolt was so loose I'm surprised I didn't lose it too. I spent way too much time trying to find a replacement bolt on the way home. And ended up just letting the caliper grind against the rotor all the way home I got the "most damage" award! Affraid

When I got home, I took a trick from Geo's playbook- I "borrowed" a bolt from Shannon's JK LOL

You know N2 knows a thing or two about bumping and grinding.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lemonparty.org
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: I got the "most damage" award!   I got the "most damage" award! Icon_minitimeThu 03 Jun 2010, 8:17 am

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
Your post reminded me that Geo told me to have a spare brake caliper bolt or two on hand, said that it might make for a long day if I didn't....

once again, good advice. I will check the stealership to see how much they are and pick up a few.

RG- I had to go to the dealer, and then show them in a picture which bolt it is. It is called "caliper adapter bolt". I only ordered one because I wanted to make sure it was correct. Got it in yesterday and it is correct. So the part number for you is 68004084AA and costs $2.35 + tax = $2.54

Shannonon's Jeep is whole again Smile
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
akonius
Got No Life
Got No Life
akonius

Number of posts : 845
Rig : '08 4dr JK
specs. : 2.5 BB w/9550's, XRC8 winch, 35"x18" Nittos and a bunch of other stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: I got the "most damage" award!   I got the "most damage" award! Icon_minitimeThu 03 Jun 2010, 8:30 pm

Tanks Stevo for the info on the bolt...I'm gonna pick up a few to keep in the heep to. On the way up to K2 I lost my rear caliper bolt and grinded 1/2 the way up there. In Brady the next morning - I picked up a quick spare from an O'Riley Auto Parts store...along with some blue lock-tight! It is a shorter bolt so I'm gonna replace with stock. Damn caliper bolts!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.akonius.com
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: I got the "most damage" award!   I got the "most damage" award! Icon_minitimeThu 03 Jun 2010, 9:11 pm

I am going to pick up a couple.

AK - go easy on the lock-tite, I know you don't want to lose that sucker but you still want to be able to get them off to get to the shafts if they break on the trail.

The blue stuff should be ok......IMO
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: I got the "most damage" award!   I got the "most damage" award! Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 8:59 am

Great advice Stevo. Congrats on the award, who ended up with the pink baret???
Back to top Go down
Zack Massey
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
Zack Massey

Number of posts : 117
Rig : 09 2 door Rubi
Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: I got the "most damage" award!   I got the "most damage" award! Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 9:25 am

Is there a list of who all got what? We left around lunch Sunday with Jim, Larry and Chris. But would like to hear the outcome of it all.
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: I got the "most damage" award!   I got the "most damage" award! Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 10:26 am

Shoot I left mid morning on Monday and hadn't heard anything...
Back to top Go down
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

Number of posts : 3197
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: I got the "most damage" award!   I got the "most damage" award! Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jun 2010, 2:07 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruzcreation.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I got the "most damage" award!   I got the "most damage" award! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I got the "most damage" award!
Page 1 of 1