MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Front License Plate?

Go down 
+11
potlickinpirate
Deacon
GULF COAST PIRATE
Dutchboy101
N2rock
Zack Massey
outcast
mb817
xxXJohnny
Mr.RonGilbert
JK4AER
15 posters
AuthorMessage
JK4AER
Poster child
Poster child
JK4AER

Number of posts : 292
Rig : '08 Black JKU Rubi
specs. : Loaded with two carseats!!!
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Front License Plate? Empty
PostSubject: Front License Plate?   Front License Plate? Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 9:36 pm

Those of you that have a stubby front bumper, are you running with the front llicense plate? I mean, I guess it's the law and all, but there's not much room for it and it "brings the ghey" IMO. I have JK_JOE's old OR-FAB Stubby (thanks again!) and currently have the license plate bolted on but only because I am a law abiding citizen. Just curious what everyone else is doing and if you've had any issues? If I knew how to post a picture I would show you... Front License Plate? Icon_scratch

On second thought, I don't have covers on my windshield lights which I think are supposed to be covered so I might as well not have a front license plate! What's next for me, a felony!?
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Front License Plate?   Front License Plate? Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 9:41 pm

I drilled holes and mounted mine up front.... don't mind it and I would rather not give the po-po a reason to stop me. They might find my guns. Front License Plate? Fresse

Front License Plate? P3213185
Back to top Go down
xxXJohnny
Got No Life
Got No Life
xxXJohnny

Number of posts : 1052
Rig : 2010 Challenger
specs. : Nemesis package
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Front License Plate?   Front License Plate? Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 10:00 pm

I don't run a front plate and I made sure my lights cover my reg. And insp stickers
I don't know bout u but I'm a pirate
Back to top Go down
JK4AER
Poster child
Poster child
JK4AER

Number of posts : 292
Rig : '08 Black JKU Rubi
specs. : Loaded with two carseats!!!
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Front License Plate?   Front License Plate? Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 10:07 pm

Thanks for the replies. I have the license plate mounted where Joe had it in the pics in this thread: http://www.myjeepforum.net/lookin-to-sell-f8/or-fab-front-bumper-sold-t3512.htm. I am running the stock fogs though instead of the black rubber plugs in those pictures so it looks a little more cramped. I can't really mount it on the skid plate part like RG's because it is a lot lower and I don't think it would be very visible.

Also, I forgot about the stickers being covered - although my registration sticker is visible. Perhaps the pirate ways are rubbing off on me!
Back to top Go down
mb817
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
mb817

Number of posts : 24
Rig : 08 wrangler
specs. : 2.5 bb lift smittybuilt front bumper with 8000lb winch
Registration date : 2010-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Front License Plate?   Front License Plate? Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 10:08 pm

no front plate here and they cant see my windshield tag for the past two years with no problems but you never know about the po po .
Back to top Go down
outcast
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
outcast

Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2010-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Front License Plate?   Front License Plate? Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 10:49 pm

work on base, so definately run with the plate...
Back to top Go down
Zack Massey
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
Zack Massey

Number of posts : 117
Rig : 09 2 door Rubi
Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Front License Plate?   Front License Plate? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 1:09 am

I have been stopped 2 times. Once for no front license plate, and the other for running more than 4 lights in the front.

The license plate I mounted on the fairlead with mag light wall clamps.
When I got stopped for running more than 4 lights, well I knew I shouldn't but it was late and I seen him from a long ways off. If I see him he seen me so I went with it. He didn't like it! Just a warning though.

And I don't think there is a law about inspection or registration being visible. Neither one seemed to care my lights covered mine up.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Front License Plate?   Front License Plate? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 9:35 am

I have my front plate in my windshield. I figured I would put it there until I got busted for it. Its been 2.5 years now, and not a word has been said. I even got pulled over last month for speeding (got off with a warning) and the Highway Patrol officer did not say anything at all about the license plate.

**knock on wood**
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Front License Plate?   Front License Plate? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 12:13 pm

I have run no license for a long time, but the wife just got pulled over in her ride for not having a license plate. Luckily she got a warning.
I just ordered a license plate bracket from Roc Doc Fab that allows me to attach it to my hawse fair lead.

Still need to see what to do with Rocio's vehicle.
Back to top Go down
GULF COAST PIRATE
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
GULF COAST PIRATE

Number of posts : 697
Rig : 2010 JK unlimited
specs. : changing daily...
Registration date : 2009-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Front License Plate?   Front License Plate? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 1:53 pm

Zack Massey wrote:
I have been stopped 2 times. Once for no front license plate, and the other for running more than 4 lights in the front.

The license plate I mounted on the fairlead with mag light wall clamps.
When I got stopped for running more than 4 lights, well I knew I shouldn't but it was late and I seen him from a long ways off. If I see him he seen me so I went with it. He didn't like it! Just a warning though.

And I don't think there is a law about inspection or registration being visible. Neither one seemed to care my lights covered mine up.

Where'd you find those mag light clamps? are the metal ones or the plastic? I wanted a set of the metal ones for my plate, but can't find em anywhere...

Dutchboy101 wrote:

Still need to see what to do with Rocio's vehicle.

Gorilla Glue! Front License Plate? Fresse
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Front License Plate?   Front License Plate? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 4:30 pm

I've had these recommended to me, and I bought a pair that I still haven't actually used, just because they were $5.

MAGLITE D-cell Flashlight Mounting Bracket
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Front License Plate?   Front License Plate? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 8:30 pm

The law only states that the sticker is to be affixed to the front window no more than 6" from the inspection sticker. Nothing about being able to read it from the front etc... It is something that is looked for to ensure it is in date but no law about placing big ass lights in front of them.
Back to top Go down
potlickinpirate
Got No Life
Got No Life
potlickinpirate

Number of posts : 898
Rig : 73 cj5
specs. : lined the whole thing
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Front License Plate?   Front License Plate? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 9:46 pm

Sascha, sounds like that German rig needs a winch.............
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Front License Plate?   Front License Plate? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 11:37 pm

[quote="potlickinpirate"]Sascha, sounds like that German rig needs a winch.............[/q
uote]

They actually make after market bumpers for it to install a winch.
It supposedly already has lockers and is permanent 4WD.
Also has a lower transfer case.
Back to top Go down
Zack Massey
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
Zack Massey

Number of posts : 117
Rig : 09 2 door Rubi
Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Front License Plate?   Front License Plate? Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jul 2010, 2:59 am

GULF COAST PIRATE wrote:

Where'd you find those mag light clamps? are the metal ones or the plastic? I wanted a set of the metal ones for my plate, but can't find em anywhere...

Well I couldn't find them any where!! I got lucky and Larry (Venom) had a set and he gave them to me. Good luck on the search and let me know if you find some and where you found them!

Oh and on edit,,,,,the ones he gave me are plastic and work great!!
Back to top Go down
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

Number of posts : 2345
Rig : 2007 sahara unlimted
specs. : 5.5 rockkrawler mid arm with 39's rancho rear bumper pure jeep front bumper dana 44 front axle, no carpet and a funny dusty smell
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Front License Plate?   Front License Plate? Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 7:18 pm

i keep mine under the front passenger seat
Back to top Go down
rxb0053
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
rxb0053

Number of posts : 61
Rig : 2011 JK Unlimted Rubicon
specs. : 2.5" OME lift, JKS front & rear adjustable trackbars, AEV Savegre wheels, 285/70/R17 KM2s
Registration date : 2010-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Front License Plate?   Front License Plate? Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 9:37 pm

My plate is under my drivers seat. If I ever get pulled over I plan on using the "I just installed the bumper excuse and plan on mounting the plate this afternoon."

See how long that flies.
Back to top Go down
mvnolan
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
mvnolan

Number of posts : 53
Rig : 07 2dr X
specs. : 35" Mud Country's, 5.13's, 3 inch lift. RR XHD stubby and a warn 9.5ti.
Registration date : 2009-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Front License Plate?   Front License Plate? Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 10:55 am

I went to the hardware store and dual purposed a pair of chain link fence brackets. Bracket looks like a P. It's a offset bracket for attaching fencing to the pipes. Slid some shrink wrap around it, wrapped it around the bull bar, and voila, license plate bracket. Did the same mod to mount KC lights to the bull bar. Total cost in parts... about $4. I will post some pics later if you want.
Back to top Go down
outcast
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
outcast

PostSubject: Re: Front License Plate?   Front License Plate? Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 12:54 pm

"bull bar" - you an aussie?
Back to top Go down
DangerMouse
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
DangerMouse

Number of posts : 666
Rig : 2005 Jeep Wrangler Willys Edition
specs. : Pro Comp lift, soft 8 wheels, 33x13.5x15 Nitto Mud Grapplers
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Front License Plate?   Front License Plate? Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 1:35 pm

Careful....he don't like aussie. I think he is a kiwi Front License Plate? Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
outcast
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
outcast

PostSubject: Re: Front License Plate?   Front License Plate? Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 7:30 pm

a kiwi, aka 'sheep F'er

my wife's from Sydney, look forward to meetn ya!!!

tongue
Back to top Go down
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

Number of posts : 2345
Rig : 2007 sahara unlimted
specs. : 5.5 rockkrawler mid arm with 39's rancho rear bumper pure jeep front bumper dana 44 front axle, no carpet and a funny dusty smell
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Front License Plate?   Front License Plate? Icon_minitimeTue 16 Nov 2010, 3:12 am

spmmer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front License Plate?   Front License Plate? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Front License Plate?
Page 1 of 1