MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

'08 JK Rubi - Capicities of Diff?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
testrat
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
testrat

Number of posts : 105
Rig : 2008 4Dr Rubicon Auto
specs. : Dick Cepeck Crusher Tires and Wheels, 5.38 Gears, Bomb Shell kit and C-gussets, Tom Woods 1350 drive shafts
Registration date : 2010-05-14

'08 JK Rubi - Capicities of Diff? Empty
PostSubject: '08 JK Rubi - Capicities of Diff?   '08 JK Rubi - Capicities of Diff? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010, 3:56 pm

Well, I am about to get everything together, but haven't found the spec's anywhere on how much gear-oil the front and back axles hold.... So, anyone happen to know how much lube..? Appox. is ok. Will be getting the purple stuff, so need to know how many Quarts total I need to get - and make sure O'Reilys has enough.... Thanks...
Back to top Go down
potlickinpirate
Got No Life
Got No Life
potlickinpirate

Number of posts : 898
Rig : 73 cj5
specs. : lined the whole thing
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: '08 JK Rubi - Capicities of Diff?   '08 JK Rubi - Capicities of Diff? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010, 5:58 pm

Goto http://www.amsoil.com/ and look up your rig all of the capacities are there....
Back to top Go down
JK_JOE
Got No Life
Got No Life

Number of posts : 815
Rig : R.I.P.
Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: '08 JK Rubi - Capicities of Diff?   '08 JK Rubi - Capicities of Diff? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010, 8:54 pm

Go with Amsoil, better than the purple stuff, right Randy.
Back to top Go down
JK4AER
Poster child
Poster child
JK4AER

Number of posts : 292
Rig : '08 Black JKU Rubi
specs. : Loaded with two carseats!!!
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: '08 JK Rubi - Capicities of Diff?   '08 JK Rubi - Capicities of Diff? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010, 8:55 pm

I changed the fluid out a few weeks ago. I bought 4 quarts because the front needs 1.35 quarts and the rear needs 2.375 quarts per the write-up on JKF. However, I only used 3 quarts - I just filled both diffs until it started oozing out - it was about 1 quart up front and 2 quarts in the rear.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: I should add that if you don't have the stock diff covers then you will need to pay more attention to the volume you're adding as I believe after market covers are bigger and will hold more. I am running stock covers still.
Back to top Go down
testrat
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
testrat

Number of posts : 105
Rig : 2008 4Dr Rubicon Auto
specs. : Dick Cepeck Crusher Tires and Wheels, 5.38 Gears, Bomb Shell kit and C-gussets, Tom Woods 1350 drive shafts
Registration date : 2010-05-14

PostSubject: Re: '08 JK Rubi - Capicities of Diff?   '08 JK Rubi - Capicities of Diff? Icon_minitimeFri 17 Sep 2010, 1:40 pm

JK_JOE wrote:
Go with Amsoil, better than the purple stuff, right Randy.

Yes, I think I will, but will have to order it in. But for now, I'll use some Casrtol 75-140 to get going now, as if my Tom Woods drive shafts show up today, then I can finish up everything tonight and can drive it tomorrow! cheers After parking it just after the 4 of july, I'm ready to drive it again. Didn't have it 90 days and had it up on jack stands.... Bomb-shell kit, "C" gussets, Truss on Pumpkin I made, 5.38 gears, Drive shafts... I should be good to go. Or at least drive. Still have Lizard Shin to put in the "tops" and a head liner kit to do/install yet. Then I'm DONE!!! For now... bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: '08 JK Rubi - Capicities of Diff?   '08 JK Rubi - Capicities of Diff? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'08 JK Rubi - Capicities of Diff?
Page 1 of 1