MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Too many choices on JK lifts

Go down 
+7
Mr.RonGilbert
lonestar rubi
Dutchboy101
terrahawk
jkx0778
jeff.lyon3
rlogan
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Too many choices on JK lifts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too many choices on JK lifts   Too many choices on JK lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 10:09 pm

Good choice!
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Too many choices on JK lifts   Too many choices on JK lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 9:21 am

can't wait to see it when its done.
Back to top Go down
RiverCityOffroad
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk

Number of posts : 133
Rig : 08 JK + 08 JK Unlimited
Registration date : 2010-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Too many choices on JK lifts   Too many choices on JK lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Nov 2010, 1:55 am

If you haven't already ordered call me or email me at 832-526-2415 or sales@rivercityoffroad.

I'll respond almost immediately and will offer you guys here on the site a blanket 15% off on all RK products. Everything will ship directly to you so you don't have to come to Austin.

Also, I'm running 35" MTRs on a 2.5" BB and have no issues.

If you did already order then you definitely bought the right lift and RK is great to deal with as well. Smile

Thank you for the plug Ron!
Back to top Go down
http://rivercityoffroad.com
rlogan
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
rlogan

Number of posts : 138
Rig : '10 JK Unlimited
specs. : Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Too many choices on JK lifts   Too many choices on JK lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Nov 2010, 2:56 pm

Ok, ordering my lift from Marcus at RCO today!
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Too many choices on JK lifts   Too many choices on JK lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Nov 2010, 3:46 pm

GOOD !! now you can sell me those rear Bilstein shocks for JKO bringit
Back to top Go down
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

Number of posts : 944
Rig : YJ/TJ, V8, tons
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Too many choices on JK lifts   Too many choices on JK lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Nov 2010, 2:50 pm

rlogan wrote:
Ok, ordering my lift from Marcus at RCO today!

I'm glad to hear that Marcus took care of you.

BTW, were you at Northern Tool a few weeks ago? I was there and saw a guy come through with a Mountain Edition and we exchanged waves.
Back to top Go down
rlogan
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
rlogan

PostSubject: Re: Too many choices on JK lifts   Too many choices on JK lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Nov 2010, 4:38 pm

Hemi_Tim aka thebigtman wrote:
BTW, were you at Northern Tool a few weeks ago? I was there and saw a guy come through with a Mountain Edition and we exchanged waves.

Possibly, I am over there on a fairly regular basis. The last few weeks have been a blur with work and other obligations. Now I am going to have all these parts sitting in my garage with no time to install them.

So, lift on order, now for tires...
I was thinking of immediately going to 34s or 35s on my factory wheels which means I'd need to re-gear pretty soon.

...but now I am thinking I might just keep the 32s for for street duty and pick up a set of 17" Rubi take off wheels(like I already have) and get some 34s put on them that I can use when I want to go have some off road fun. That way I could get away with not having to re-gear (current are 3.73s) for a while. The 2.5" lift is not huge so the 32s don't look ridiculously small and I would maintain drivability (this is my daily driver after all).

Does that seem like a reasonable approach?

Back to top Go down
RiverCityOffroad
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk

Number of posts : 133
Rig : 08 JK + 08 JK Unlimited
Registration date : 2010-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Too many choices on JK lifts   Too many choices on JK lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Nov 2010, 5:22 pm

Do you have an auto or 6 speed?

I have 3.73s with a 6 speed on 35" MTRs and I get around just fine. I can even set the cruise at 70 and drive to Houston without any issues.

If you have an auto you would probably even be alright. I ran around in my wife's on 35s, stock wheels, and an auto for a while. It isnt't terrible and would be even better with a Superchips to correct the shift points.

Is it recommended to run 35s w/3.73s and an auto? No. Can you do it and probably not have much to bitch about? Yes.

I offer free shipping on most tires and I have 35x12.50R17 MTRs w/Kevlar on sale right now for $289/tire.

I can more or less anything you want, including Pit Bull but free shipping only applies on certain brands. Smile (Goodyear, BFG, Hankook, Cooper, General, and Yokohama off the top of my head)

Thanks!

Marcus
Back to top Go down
http://rivercityoffroad.com
rlogan
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
rlogan

PostSubject: Re: Too many choices on JK lifts   Too many choices on JK lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Nov 2010, 5:49 pm

It's an Auto...any experience with the Kumho Road Venture MT KL71?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Too many choices on JK lifts   Too many choices on JK lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Too many choices on JK lifts
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2