MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Posible trail found on the island? corpus christi

Go down 
+3
gilly_as
r_unda
beachedjeepyj
7 posters
AuthorMessage
beachedjeepyj
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
beachedjeepyj

Number of posts : 33
Rig : 88 wrangler
Registration date : 2010-03-13

Posible trail found on the island? corpus christi Empty
PostSubject: Posible trail found on the island? corpus christi   Posible trail found on the island? corpus christi Icon_minitimeTue 30 Nov 2010, 1:32 am

Has any one heard of a trail off Aquarius street?

One of my friends got stuck on what i believe is a trail to a fishing spot on the island, but im not to sure of the trails legality. It was dark when i went to get him so i didn't get a good look at the trail.

Ill explain it but it can be seen on google images as i will provide pictures with my explanations.
Posible trail found on the island? corpus christi Trail14
Once on the island, at the first light take a right on jackfish ave and continue down commodore st (orange line). At the end of commodore take a left on Aquarius and continue off the paved road on to a rough dirt road (green line) , which is still Aquarius according to google. There will be a trail to the right (yellow line).

Posible trail found on the island? corpus christi Trail_10

Continue down the trail (yellow arrow), the trail starts off packed down then turns to powder soft sand about a 100 yards in. The trail is also fairly tight, branches where scraping the side of my jeep. At the ( blue arrow) their is a small hill climb that looks pretty fun and a flat bypass which is where my friend was stuck. I wasn't able to continue any further as i had to pull his truck back up the whole trail, but looking at the google images it continues for a while then branches off at the (red arrow).

Posible trail found on the island? corpus christi Trail_11
zoomed in on google the (red arrow) trail seems to wind further down untill it reached an open area (big red circle).

Im not sure the legitimacy of this trail and am wondering if any one on the forum has herd about or wants to check it out if it is legal.
Back to top Go down
r_unda
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
r_unda

Number of posts : 794
Rig : 1998 Jeep Wrangler
specs. : 2.5L-4 Cyl., 33x10.5 BFG's Mud tires, 2.5 in. lift springs, 1.25 in. BL, 1 in. MML, 4.88 Gears, Front Powertrax No-Slip, Rear E-Locker, Chromoly axle shafts, SYE, Tera Low & 2Low, UCF Tummy Tuck, etc
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Posible trail found on the island? corpus christi   Posible trail found on the island? corpus christi Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 6:07 pm

Never been there. Lately I started hating the sand since I have been working in my jeep a lot. Sand It’s everywhere even if you think you cleaned it good but it might be fun to check it out one of these days.
Back to top Go down
gilly_as
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
gilly_as

Number of posts : 191
Rig : 07 JK
specs. : Not enough
Registration date : 2010-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Posible trail found on the island? corpus christi   Posible trail found on the island? corpus christi Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 12:18 am

Looks like it could be fun. but I need to change out my wheel bearings and ball joints before i take her off-road again.
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Posible trail found on the island? corpus christi   Posible trail found on the island? corpus christi Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 5:11 pm

I'm not from Corpus, but I go with the family often. Love the U&I. Good stuff right there. The wife and I also like the Republic of Texas Steakhouse for those more romantic getaways.

Anyway, I got to looking at your post and thought I'd provide everybody with another view of the area in question. I'm not sure how legal it is, but it looks like it's been wheeled more than once or twice.

Distance
Posible trail found on the island? corpus christi Corpus10

Detail - Gorgeous! Look at them tracks. Some beautiful rigs been through here. (Try saying it with a Steve Irwin Aussie accent)
Posible trail found on the island? corpus christi Corpus11

Back to top Go down
beachedjeepyj
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
beachedjeepyj

PostSubject: Re: Posible trail found on the island? corpus christi   Posible trail found on the island? corpus christi Icon_minitimeFri 06 May 2011, 1:05 am

Has any one checked this trail out yet? Im thinking about maybe going down it sometime, maybe we can get a small group going?

Back to top Go down
GULF COAST PIRATE
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
GULF COAST PIRATE

Number of posts : 697
Rig : 2010 JK unlimited
specs. : changing daily...
Registration date : 2009-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Posible trail found on the island? corpus christi   Posible trail found on the island? corpus christi Icon_minitimeSun 08 May 2011, 12:47 am

How about tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
beachedjeepyj
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
beachedjeepyj

PostSubject: Re: Posible trail found on the island? corpus christi   Posible trail found on the island? corpus christi Icon_minitimeSun 08 May 2011, 4:29 pm

GULF COAST PIRATE wrote:
How about tomorrow?

Im not going to be able to do anything until after Wednesday, the 11th.
Back to top Go down
Tvernon
Poster child
Poster child
Tvernon

Number of posts : 300
Rig : 2007 JK
specs. : ------->
Registration date : 2010-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Posible trail found on the island? corpus christi   Posible trail found on the island? corpus christi Icon_minitimeSun 08 May 2011, 9:28 pm

I never saw this thread, sorry. Whenever you go, call me! I am certainly down to go and check it out. The number is 361-633-9004. text, call, or whatever, I'm game for this.
Back to top Go down
CCGRUNT0331
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
CCGRUNT0331

Number of posts : 111
Rig : 2008 JKU Rubicon
specs. : 3" OME HD susp., 35" Cooper discoveries, warn M8000 winch, ARB air compressor, etc
Registration date : 2010-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Posible trail found on the island? corpus christi   Posible trail found on the island? corpus christi Icon_minitimeTue 31 May 2011, 11:12 am

I went on a scouting party around my old highschool sites, they are all developed now, there's a transmission line that runs a good little way but getting caught is $200. I will gladly give this trail a hard look if it hasn't already been sealed off. 361 549-2611 is my cell
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Posible trail found on the island? corpus christi   Posible trail found on the island? corpus christi Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Posible trail found on the island? corpus christi
Page 1 of 1