MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello from Corpus Christi!

Go down 
+10
HerJK-X
Dutchboy101
jkx0778
outcast
jeff.lyon3
Chris
Hook-Em
lonestar rubi
DangerMouse
Kristi5683
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kristi5683
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
Kristi5683

Number of posts : 37
Rig : 2001 WJ
specs. : 4.5" Clayton Long Arms, KOR Roof-mounted light bar w/4 Hella 500FF lights, Kevins Offroad Extreme Lateral Protection Rock Sliderz
Registration date : 2011-01-30

Hello from Corpus Christi! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Corpus Christi!   Hello from Corpus Christi! Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 8:54 pm

Hi everyone!
I'm Kristi! Ive been a wj owner for a little over a year now and it just keeps getting better!Any other WJ owners here?
At the moment, she's mostly stock but I have been ordering all the parts for a long arm kit for the last few months. All I have left to get is the actual long arms. It's going to be a long install process but I am looking forward to it!

Anyway just wanted to say hi to everyone and introduce myself!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-golddigger-making-he
DangerMouse
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
DangerMouse

Number of posts : 666
Rig : 2005 Jeep Wrangler Willys Edition
specs. : Pro Comp lift, soft 8 wheels, 33x13.5x15 Nitto Mud Grapplers
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Corpus Christi!   Hello from Corpus Christi! Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 8:56 pm

Wilkommen!!!!! I think there is a WJ owner or two on here.
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Number of posts : 1202
Rig : 2007 JK unlimited Rubicon
specs. : It's over there}
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Corpus Christi!   Hello from Corpus Christi! Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 9:12 pm

Welcome! There is an xj owner which is the older version, we just finished putting a Dana 44 in the rear with a Detroit locker and 4:10 gears, and an Aussie locker in the front & 4:10'S
Back to top Go down
Kristi5683
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
Kristi5683

specs. : 4.5" Clayton Long Arms, KOR Roof-mounted light bar w/4 Hella 500FF lights, Kevins Offroad Extreme Lateral Protection Rock Sliderz

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Corpus Christi!   Hello from Corpus Christi! Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 9:19 pm

I've been thinking of maybe regearing in the future but not sure to go with 4.10 or 4.56. I've got a 44 in the rear already and the standard 30 in the front with 3.73 gears.
I love the way xjs look. I'm happy with what I have now but I plant get an xj at one point in my life.
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Corpus Christi!   Hello from Corpus Christi! Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 10:19 pm

Welcome, Kristi. Good to have you with us.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

Number of posts : 962
Rig : 1990 XJ Trigger
specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers
Registration date : 2010-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Corpus Christi!   Hello from Corpus Christi! Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 10:34 pm

Hey there, welcome to the forum. Nice to see a WJ. I own a 1990 XJ Send some pics of your rig. Most of the people here are like kids, we all love pics! rock
Back to top Go down
Kristi5683
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
Kristi5683

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Corpus Christi!   Hello from Corpus Christi! Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 11:01 pm

I'm not quite sure how to post pictures in posts... and I dont have any on the computer I'm at currently but I have a few pictures posted in my jeepforum gallery... its not much though.

http://www.jeepforum.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=3072

It's mostly stuff Ive fixed and just one fun install
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Number of posts : 2295
Rig : 07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Corpus Christi!   Hello from Corpus Christi! Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 11:18 pm

Welcome
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Corpus Christi!   Hello from Corpus Christi! Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 11:28 pm

Nice pics! Like the light bar, and the heater core looked like that sucked!
Back to top Go down
Kristi5683
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
Kristi5683

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Corpus Christi!   Hello from Corpus Christi! Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 11:32 pm

I can't complain too much. I had fun doing it. I learned A LOT.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Corpus Christi!   Hello from Corpus Christi! Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 11:50 pm

At a girl! brocollidance
Back to top Go down
Kristi5683
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
Kristi5683

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Corpus Christi!   Hello from Corpus Christi! Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 12:25 am

Speaking of working on the jeep, is there anywhere I might post to see about getting some help with my long arms install once I get them? It's going to require welding and more knowledge than what I currently have.
Back to top Go down
outcast
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
outcast

Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2010-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Corpus Christi!   Hello from Corpus Christi! Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 10:07 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Corpus Christi!   Hello from Corpus Christi! Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 11:07 am

welcome.

are you going to add frame stiffeners before installing the long arms? Don't know any places in CC. We have some members on here from that neck of the woods. Give it a day or two. they should chime in.
Back to top Go down
Kristi5683
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
Kristi5683

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Corpus Christi!   Hello from Corpus Christi! Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 11:42 am

Do I need frame stiffeners? I ordered some sliders last week and those look to be decent from kevins off road. I just looked up some stuff for the stiffeners and couldn't find much for the WJ but a whole lot for the zj and xj.

Edit: were talking about frame rails or are the stiffeners completely different?
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Corpus Christi!   Hello from Corpus Christi! Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 11:49 am

Welcome to the forum, Kristi.
Wish I could chime in, but not knowledgeable enough about WJ's.

Good luck on the build, are you planning on wheeling it (not counting the beach)?
Back to top Go down
Kristi5683
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
Kristi5683

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Corpus Christi!   Hello from Corpus Christi! Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 11:51 am

I'm hoping to make it to grand slam west in June, but I don't think shell be finished. But yes, I do plan to do some wheeling on her. There's a place in mason I hear that's pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Corpus Christi!   Hello from Corpus Christi! Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 12:26 pm

Would like to know more about the Mason offorad place.
Do you happen to know the website?
Back to top Go down
Kristi5683
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
Kristi5683

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Corpus Christi!   Hello from Corpus Christi! Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 12:28 pm

katemcyrocks.com right?
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Corpus Christi!   Hello from Corpus Christi! Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 12:38 pm

Yeah, I forgot the K2 was near Mason, what was I thinking.... Sleep
Back to top Go down
HerJK-X
Poster child
Poster child
HerJK-X

Number of posts : 288
Rig : 2008 JK Unlimited X
Registration date : 2010-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Corpus Christi!   Hello from Corpus Christi! Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 1:42 pm

Hello and Welcome!!!
Back to top Go down
r_unda
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
r_unda

Number of posts : 794
Rig : 1998 Jeep Wrangler
specs. : 2.5L-4 Cyl., 33x10.5 BFG's Mud tires, 2.5 in. lift springs, 1.25 in. BL, 1 in. MML, 4.88 Gears, Front Powertrax No-Slip, Rear E-Locker, Chromoly axle shafts, SYE, Tera Low & 2Low, UCF Tummy Tuck, etc
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Corpus Christi!   Hello from Corpus Christi! Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 9:19 pm

Welcome! I was the one that told David about this site (assuming you are the right person). Let us know what you need and I am sure Kenny (gulf coast pirate), myself, and any other member would help you.

I have a new flux core welder that I actually need to start using, nothing fancy but I think we can help you with the welding. I think Kenny have more welding hours than me (last time I welded was like 6 yrs ago) so maybe he can do those welds for you since I need more practice. The other bolt-in things I am sure we can help you no problem.

I am currently busy in a turnaround so it looks like I will only have Sundays off until mid March. So we need to plan around that.

Raul

Back to top Go down
gilly_as
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
gilly_as

Number of posts : 191
Rig : 07 JK
specs. : Not enough
Registration date : 2010-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Corpus Christi!   Hello from Corpus Christi! Icon_minitimeTue 08 Feb 2011, 12:41 am

Welcome to the forum! I don't have a welder but i'm with raul if you need any bolt on help i have plenty of hand tools and i'd be glad to lend a hand
Back to top Go down
GULFCOAST PIRATE PRINCESS
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
GULFCOAST PIRATE PRINCESS

Number of posts : 454
Rig : 1994 XJ Cherokee Laredo
specs. : Stock for now... :-(
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Corpus Christi!   Hello from Corpus Christi! Icon_minitimeTue 08 Feb 2011, 2:03 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Kristi5683
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
Kristi5683

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Corpus Christi!   Hello from Corpus Christi! Icon_minitimeFri 11 Feb 2011, 9:01 am

wow sorry, I didn't get an email seeing the last few replies and I've been so busy with school lately.

Well... Parts are still coming in to this date.
So far Ive received:
quick disconnects
adjustable trackbar
steering stabilizer
swaybar bushings
and my sliders just came in the other day

I'm still waiting for:
springs
shocks
rear sway bar
extended end links

I've still got a little bit to pay for the actual long arms upgrades. That comes with the 8 long arms, 3pc cross member, frame rails, rear frame brackets, rear 4 link plate and spacer plates.
Since I'm currently stock, I technically cant install much of anything until I get the long arms kit in.

I could install the sliders once they are powder coated.

anyone know of a decent and reasonably priced powder coating place in my general area?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Corpus Christi!   Hello from Corpus Christi! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Corpus Christi!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next