MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I need a Lift!!!

Go down 
+9
Chris
Dutchboy101
jkx0778
outcast
Mr.RonGilbert
RiverCityOffroad
jeff.lyon3
lonestar rubi
Jake&Jen
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

I need a Lift!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need a Lift!!!   I need a Lift!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan 2011, 12:50 pm

ebay is why I got my first BB. a procome 1.75" BB. came with front & rear pucks and bumpstops. the cool thing about the bumpstops is they have lines one them every inch so it makes it easier if you want to trim them up. I got it for about $100.00 shipped in '07.
Back to top Go down
Jake&Jen
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
Jake&Jen

Number of posts : 96
Rig : 08 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JK
specs. : In the Works: Lift, (Tires Check), (Wheels Check), Front and Rear Bumper, (Blacked out Tail lights and side markers)Check
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: I need a Lift!!!   I need a Lift!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 5:10 pm

Im Going with the 3" lift and 33's im not a hard core off roader just want it to look nice and give me a little beter of an edge off road. Thanks for all the info though guys it is appreciated. Oh by the way the wife and I are planning another camping trip to big bend state park in April. We went last year in a stock jeep and had a blast looking forward to going a few places we couldnt last time.
Back to top Go down
Tvernon
Poster child
Poster child
Tvernon

Number of posts : 300
Rig : 2007 JK
specs. : ------->
Registration date : 2010-03-22

PostSubject: Re: I need a Lift!!!   I need a Lift!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011, 12:23 am

Full Traction makes complete and affordable lift kits that can be built upon later. I think Dutchboy mentioned this as well.

If you're only going to be running 33's though I wouldn't bother lifting it until you're ready for 35's or larger. Maybe some pucks, or some heavier duty springs for an inch or so but the need to spend money to lift your JK for only 33's just isnt there. That extra money could be spent on nicer tires that will better fit your needs.

Good luck to you man, but for Gods sake stay away from rough country. you could count the people on one hand that have a good review of their product.
Back to top Go down
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

Number of posts : 944
Rig : YJ/TJ, V8, tons
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: I need a Lift!!!   I need a Lift!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011, 1:09 pm

My Rough Country kit has been on my JK for 2 years now. I replaced the coils about a month ago b/c they were sagging. Granted it has a hemi, winch and an aftermarket bumper on it.

Also, my RC kit came with 8 new control arms. I think it flexes fine but I've used Poly Performance parts to replace all the RC stuff besides the coils and shocks. You get what you pay for.

I'm not sure if it was mentioned but you could cut the flares and run 35's that way. Just buy your spacers and slap the tires on the stock wheels.

If I were to do it again, I'd definitely go with Poly or RK. I'll probably replace my RC coils and shocks soon.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: I need a Lift!!!   I need a Lift!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011, 4:52 pm

Hemi_Tim aka thebigtman wrote:
My Rough Country kit has been on my JK for 2 years now. I replaced the coils about a month ago b/c they were sagging. Granted it has a hemi, winch and an aftermarket bumper on it.

Also, my RC kit came with 8 new control arms. I think it flexes fine but I've used Poly Performance parts to replace all the RC stuff besides the coils and shocks. You get what you pay for.

I'm not sure if it was mentioned but you could cut the flares and run 35's that way. Just buy your spacers and slap the tires on the stock wheels.

If I were to do it again, I'd definitely go with Poly or RK. I'll probably replace my RC coils and shocks soon.

buying used is almost always a way to get a good deal on parts. most jeepers are constantly upgrading / replacing something the already replaced once before Suspect

as mentioned above, 3" lift on 33's would be better spent on 35's -- OR -- 33's & no lift.
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Number of posts : 2295
Rig : 07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: I need a Lift!!!   I need a Lift!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011, 9:40 pm

What part has been on your JK for 2 years? The sticker?
Back to top Go down
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

Number of posts : 944
Rig : YJ/TJ, V8, tons
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: I need a Lift!!!   I need a Lift!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011, 9:49 pm

jdldx3 wrote:

What part has been on your JK for 2 years? The sticker?

I have no defense to that one Jeff!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

Number of posts : 962
Rig : 1990 XJ Trigger
specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers
Registration date : 2010-10-19

PostSubject: Re: I need a Lift!!!   I need a Lift!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011, 11:27 pm

hah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need a Lift!!!   I need a Lift!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need a Lift!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2