MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Canyons Off-Road Feb 26th

Go down 
+18
jk4me
Chris
adaben
Hood
Hook-Em
PunisherTI
lonestar rubi
Jeepbronco1
RiverCityOffroad
Dern
jkx0778
Gadget
Dudetx
Dutchboy101
jeeprookie09
jeff.lyon3
texas-kid
Renee10
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dern
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Dern

Number of posts : 404
Rig : 07 Rubicon Unlimited
Registration date : 2009-04-01

Canyons Off-Road  Feb 26th  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canyons Off-Road Feb 26th    Canyons Off-Road  Feb 26th  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Feb 2011, 10:05 am

I didn't need the shaft to get home, we could have pulled both axles and the drive shaft and got home, the shaft allowed the opportunity to keep wheeling and that's what we did. I didn't want anybody to wait that didn't want to be there, you should have formed a group with people that wanted to go back or wheel some more. I asked the group to move on, that we would be fine with the people that were helping. If you choose to stay that is on you not me.
I thank every body for there help, maybe next time (lonestar rubi) we need to be in different groups because I am there to have fun and enjoy peoples company.

And special thanks to Richard for providing me with the axle, I will get it back to you soon.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Canyons Off-Road Feb 26th    Canyons Off-Road  Feb 26th  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Feb 2011, 1:07 pm

No problem about the spare. Glad I remembered it. Remember my oops out at Long's. Luckily someone had a spare rear shaft that day too. Kinda the same situation. It was on a obstacle I made the time before with smaller tires and I was too terco to let it beat me. But that hill climb got me in the end Suspect Hopefully yours is just the shaft. Mine was both shafts and carrier in the rear and the R&P in the front No

Danny, you need to buy a buggy "for your wife" Wink like she asked you for. That could be next year's anniversary gift. She really, really liked the ones we saw out there. She kept telling me & Carmen she asked you for one already.
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Number of posts : 1202
Rig : 2007 JK unlimited Rubicon
specs. : It's over there}
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Canyons Off-Road Feb 26th    Canyons Off-Road  Feb 26th  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Feb 2011, 3:11 pm

Dern wrote:
maybe next time (lonestar rubi) we need to be in different groups because I am there to have fun and enjoy peoples company.

It's not about riding in group A or group B, it is about the whole club "Jeep Nation" you're in. This club is not about leaving anybody behind period. You came with the club you leave with the club. We are all there to have fun. When you have fun and you break something, fine things happen. When you keep trying the same obsticle until you break something, fix your rig with another person's parts and try it again, that's when you lose the respect. These trips are for fun, they are not a competition
Back to top Go down
Dern
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Dern

PostSubject: Re: Canyons Off-Road Feb 26th    Canyons Off-Road  Feb 26th  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Feb 2011, 3:54 pm

The disrespect I don't see you were going home I stayed and ran three more trails after we showed the group the way out. If you were not going to wheel anymore what was the problem.
If someone in a group doesn't like what I am doing, you can except it or move on or I can move on. That is why I suggested maybe it would be better for us to not be in the same group if you think I am disrespectful. I don't know what else to say you see it your way I see it mine.

This will be my last comment on this post anything beyond this we need to start a new one in the appropriate section- RANTS, RAVES & VENTS!
Back to top Go down
jk4me
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
jk4me

Number of posts : 53
Rig : 07 jk 4dr
specs. : TERAFLEX 4IN. LIFT AND SHOCKS GOODYEAR WRANGLER MTR 35/12.5/17 arb front air locker 30 spline axle shaft tom woods drive shaft
Registration date : 2011-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Canyons Off-Road Feb 26th    Canyons Off-Road  Feb 26th  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Feb 2011, 6:33 pm

nice pics renee, I will be wheeling on the next trip I can get off work, jacked up schedule now....
Back to top Go down
JK Lion
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
JK Lion

Number of posts : 10
Rig : 2009 Rubicon Unlimited
Registration date : 2011-01-18

PostSubject: Raw YouTube Vids   Canyons Off-Road  Feb 26th  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 2:38 pm

Last edited by JK Lion on Tue 01 Mar 2011, 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Canyons Off-Road Feb 26th    Canyons Off-Road  Feb 26th  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 4:04 pm

Is that one video posted 5 times, or was that obstacle really hard?
I guess the white Jeep is not locked? Looks steep!
Back to top Go down
JK Lion
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
JK Lion

Number of posts : 10
Rig : 2009 Rubicon Unlimited
Registration date : 2011-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Canyons Off-Road Feb 26th    Canyons Off-Road  Feb 26th  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 5:04 pm

Dutchboy101 wrote:

Well the obstacle was rough, I didn't even attempt with 32's and leveling kit....but I did mess up and post one vid twice (first and last one are 28 seconds). I had one vid of a silver JK as well. I will upload that one as well and adjust link.
Back to top Go down
TAZJEEPGIRL
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
TAZJEEPGIRL

Number of posts : 91
Rig : 08 JK Wrangler Rubicon RED 2DR
specs. : Banks Cold Air Intake, OR Fab Front Stinger w/Winch, Trail Mods, OR Fab Rear Rock Slider Bumper, OR-FAB Swing-A-Way Tire/Can Carrier, Terraflex 4" Suspension lift with Bump Stops, Method Wheels and 35" of meat
Registration date : 2010-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Canyons Off-Road Feb 26th    Canyons Off-Road  Feb 26th  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 5:16 pm

If you need - I can convert and upload any videos to my youtube account - I am working still on all the video I took from Saturday. I will have it posted soonest! Please email me a note with video to my gmail if you want me to post it up for you. lorysimpkins@gmail.com

I'd be glad to help
Back to top Go down
TAZJEEPGIRL
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
TAZJEEPGIRL

specs. : Banks Cold Air Intake, OR Fab Front Stinger w/Winch, Trail Mods, OR Fab Rear Rock Slider Bumper, OR-FAB Swing-A-Way Tire/Can Carrier, Terraflex 4" Suspension lift with Bump Stops, Method Wheels and 35" of meat

PostSubject: Re: Canyons Off-Road Feb 26th    Canyons Off-Road  Feb 26th  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 5:25 pm

Oh - by the way - I posted some pics I took on the Jeep Nation Facebook page - if anyone is looking for pics of their rigs - they might be on there!
Back to top Go down
Smash

Smash

Number of posts : 5
Rig : 05 TJ
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Canyons Off-Road Feb 26th    Canyons Off-Road  Feb 26th  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 5:59 pm

I had a ton of fun on the trip! Thanks to Lory for taking me and a special thanks to Robert and Valerie for letting us newbies tag along with you! You guys were the best! Really a great group to get out with, can't wait till I can get my jeep out there and get dirty! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Canyons Off-Road Feb 26th    Canyons Off-Road  Feb 26th  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 6:56 pm

Dutchboy101 wrote:

Hey, Sasha That was "The Big Hole" . We hit that in our group. I think you, Paul, Doug, and Joe cleared it. I tried it three times and failed all three. Sad Ryan, Ian, and I went up the bypass.
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

PostSubject: Re: Canyons Off-Road Feb 26th    Canyons Off-Road  Feb 26th  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 7:15 pm

Hook-Em wrote:
Dutchboy101 wrote:

Hey, Sasha That was "The Big Hole" . We hit that in our group. I think you, Paul, Doug, and Joe cleared it. I tried it three times and failed all three. Sad Ryan, Ian, and I went up the bypass.

I guess you need lockers for that one, because I followed Paul (with the buggy) right up there and crawled it without wheel spin. 37" tires help too I guess, lol
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI

PostSubject: Re: Canyons Off-Road Feb 26th    Canyons Off-Road  Feb 26th  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 7:22 pm

Dutchboy101 wrote:
I guess you need lockers for that one, because I followed Paul (with the buggy) right up there and crawled it without wheel spin. 37" tires help too I guess, lol

Whatever it was that was needed, I didn't have it that's for sure. I was watching my video fails, and I suppose I could have been a little heavier footed in the initial climb. There will be other trips. I'll conquer that obstacle...

...someday.

I'm pretty impressed with how well my little Sahara did though. There were only two obstacles I couldn't tackle where you guys made it. Some of that may have been equipment and some of it was likely driver. It's all good. cheers2
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

Number of posts : 962
Rig : 1990 XJ Trigger
specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers
Registration date : 2010-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Canyons Off-Road Feb 26th    Canyons Off-Road  Feb 26th  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 9:41 pm

LORY wrote:
If you need - I can convert and upload any videos to my youtube account - I am working still on all the video I took from Saturday. I will have it posted soonest! Please email me a note with video to my gmail if you want me to post it up for you. lorysimpkins@gmail.com

I'd be glad to help

Hurry Up! lol!
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

PostSubject: Re: Canyons Off-Road Feb 26th    Canyons Off-Road  Feb 26th  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 10:21 pm

LORY wrote:

I'd be glad to help

I'd be glad to let ya! I'll try to get the file(s) to you. Thanks for offering.
Back to top Go down
adaben
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
adaben

Number of posts : 74
Rig : 99 TJ
Registration date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Canyons Off-Road Feb 26th    Canyons Off-Road  Feb 26th  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 12:53 am

Dutchboy101 wrote:
No its not locked..... Sad ......Yet bounce I will be asking for some advise on this very thing as soon as the boss/account/honey-bunny allows me to access the check book again or she falls asleep....Shhhh Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Dern
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Dern

PostSubject: Re: Canyons Off-Road Feb 26th    Canyons Off-Road  Feb 26th  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 9:25 am

Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

PostSubject: Re: Canyons Off-Road Feb 26th    Canyons Off-Road  Feb 26th  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 11:44 am

Nice pictures Danny.
Back to top Go down
jeeprookie09
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
jeeprookie09

Number of posts : 40
Rig : 07 JK
Registration date : 2011-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Canyons Off-Road Feb 26th    Canyons Off-Road  Feb 26th  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 8:54 pm

I know someone took a picture of me doing the Austin Powers trying to get stuck in the ravine of that first obstacle....if you could post it or send it to me that would be much 'preciated.
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Canyons Off-Road Feb 26th    Canyons Off-Road  Feb 26th  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Mar 2011, 12:33 pm

lonestar rubi wrote:
Yours. Try an obstacle 2 or 3 times even 4 and when you can't do, winch or go around. Don't repeatedly try and try until you break down.

And it was a complete lack of respect to the group when you took Richard's spare parts to fix your rig and tried to do the obstacle again. Spare parts are meant to get you out and home, not to keep wheeling.

Quitting is for losers...just saying. j/k ....mostly cheers And lack of respect for the group hahahaha. C'mon man, it's not like Dern hasn't helped anybody out in a pinch before, so I doubt any respect was lost, accept maybe Saschas when everybody realized he really is Frenchman, but that's a tale for another day.

Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

PostSubject: Re: Canyons Off-Road Feb 26th    Canyons Off-Road  Feb 26th  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Mar 2011, 6:38 pm

hey Jody, when are you gonna come down and wheel with us again? I'd like to get a good look at your coil overs and other work you've had done since TSJM 2 years ago.
Back to top Go down
TAZJEEPGIRL
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
TAZJEEPGIRL

PostSubject: Re: Canyons Off-Road Feb 26th    Canyons Off-Road  Feb 26th  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Mar 2011, 9:41 pm

I posted one video on the Facebook page - once my final is over next Wednesday - I should be able to get them all up there for sure.

I haven't seen anyone else's video's emailed to me to fix yet...but when I get them - I'll work on them as soon as I can. Just email to lorysimpkins@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Canyons Off-Road Feb 26th    Canyons Off-Road  Feb 26th  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Mar 2011, 11:24 pm

jkx0778 wrote:
hey Jody, when are you gonna come down and wheel with us again? I'd like to get a good look at your coil overs and other work you've had done since TSJM 2 years ago.

I'll be in New Braunfels Saturday at everyone's favorite machinist's place. It's about to get stretched though, so this is probably your only opportunity to see it as she sits now.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

PostSubject: Re: Canyons Off-Road Feb 26th    Canyons Off-Road  Feb 26th  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 10:59 am

damn! already booked on saturday. I got both rug rats and then off to a school festival after their nap.

Take lots-O-pics. Start build thread so we can ask questions and see the progress

** ok, hijack over **
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Canyons Off-Road Feb 26th    Canyons Off-Road  Feb 26th  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Canyons Off-Road Feb 26th
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next