MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hows it going yall

Go down 
+11
HerJK-X
RichSATX
jkx0778
potlickinpirate
Chris
rxb0053
TXROCK
GULF COAST PIRATE
GULFCOAST PIRATE PRINCESS
Hook-Em
iWannaWELD
15 posters
AuthorMessage
iWannaWELD
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
iWannaWELD

Number of posts : 11
Rig : 98 ZJ
specs. : 4.0L,np242,2" BB, JKS Disconnects
Registration date : 2011-04-01

Hows it going yall Empty
PostSubject: Hows it going yall   Hows it going yall Icon_minitimeFri 01 Apr 2011, 11:01 pm

New here names Mark,

Ran into (Rudy) today and bought some rubi wheels from him, got to talking and he pointed me in this direction.

I have a 1998 ZJ Laredo with a 4.0L 2" BB and 245/75/R16 MTR's & JKS Quick Disconnects. As well as a Rugged Ridge Crossover-Steering Kit w/polybushings to kill dead spot., Solid Dif covers F&R.

Me and my father are currently working on a 2001 TJ and are doing a 07 GM 5.3L w/ 4L60E Transmission Swap.
She aka "The Soiled Dove" has been under the knife for the better part of a year now. We are upgrading anything we see posing a trail disaster.

The TJ has way to much to list lets just say the only thing that hasn't been touched is the paint where the body lies on the body supports..

1.Raptor Lined Body Armor (Color matched Smittybuilt Full Corner Guards)
2. Raptor lined bumpers F&R
3. Raptor Lined Frame and under wheel wells.
4. Chromoly Axle Shafts w/ Spicer 760x in the D30 Aussie Locked,4.56 Gears.
5. Ford 8.8" Rear end 4.56 gears, upgraded 3/4 ton break calipers.
6. 2007 GM 5.3L w/4L60E Tranny w/ 23,XXX Miles
7. Novak Adapters for Transfer Case, and Hugger Headers.
8. CV Driveshafts F&R
9. Mega Short Shaft Kit on the Np231
10. Art carr gate shifter
11. Custom exhaust for the lift and engine swap
12. Rough Country 6.5" Long Arm Lift
13. ROK-MEN Gas Tank Skid plate
plus tons more and too many hours of blood sweat and tears.

I currently am building bumper for TJ's made out of 1/4" Steel, welded through clevis mounts, and a flush receiver (for better Approach & Departure Angles), and finally 4 coats of black raptor lined. Started to build them just for my dad and then had alot of friends interested, due to every company only making a 3/16" max thickness bumper. (Which me and my dad have personally seen bend break or even worse rip through the support tabs on top and bottom of front mounting hardware when hitting a tree or boulder on the trail...like our smittybuild bumper did.So I made about 8 of them and have some 4 left that I will be putting up in the for sale section later after I take some more pictures.

I hope to get to know more of you guys on here, and make some meets and trail rides.

And now for some pictures of my ZJ I'll take some more of the TJ or maybe my dad will post when he creates his account, He's Mark Sr. Im Mark Jr.

Hows it going yall Img_0610

Hows it going yall Img_0611

I'll Take better Pictures tomorrow sadly enough this is before the lift, and new shocks, with disconnects.

Thanks Yall,
Mark
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Hows it going yall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows it going yall   Hows it going yall Icon_minitimeFri 01 Apr 2011, 11:13 pm

Welcome, Mark. Good to have you with us. That ZJ looks real clean. I'll bet the TJ is sweet. Looking forward to those other pictures. Hope to meet you soon at a future event.
Back to top Go down
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet

Number of posts : 454
Rig : 1994 XJ Cherokee Laredo
specs. : Stock for now... :-(
Registration date : 2009-12-15

Hows it going yall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows it going yall   Hows it going yall Icon_minitimeSat 02 Apr 2011, 11:10 am

WELCOME!!! hey
Back to top Go down
GULF COAST PIRATE
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
GULF COAST PIRATE

Number of posts : 697
Rig : 2010 JK unlimited
specs. : changing daily...
Registration date : 2009-12-14

Hows it going yall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows it going yall   Hows it going yall Icon_minitimeSat 02 Apr 2011, 6:34 pm

Welcome
Back to top Go down
TXROCK
Poster child
Poster child
TXROCK

Number of posts : 243
Rig : 2007 JK Rubicon Unlimited
specs. : 3.5" RK X Factor Mid-Arm lift, 35x12.5x16 MTR/Ks, 16 inch Pro Comp 7069s, Genright Armor

Hows it going yall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows it going yall   Hows it going yall Icon_minitimeSat 02 Apr 2011, 7:51 pm

welcome! I am a newb on this site as well....but been on other Jeep board for a few years now. Feed the addiction!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.astrongerhealthieryou.com
rxb0053
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
rxb0053

Number of posts : 61
Rig : 2011 JK Unlimted Rubicon
specs. : 2.5" OME lift, JKS front & rear adjustable trackbars, AEV Savegre wheels, 285/70/R17 KM2s
Registration date : 2010-02-12

Hows it going yall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows it going yall   Hows it going yall Icon_minitimeSat 02 Apr 2011, 10:04 pm

Hey Mark,

Glad you joined up, look foward to seeing you and your dad at one of the future event. Welcome.

Rudy
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

Number of posts : 962
Rig : 1990 XJ Trigger
specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers
Registration date : 2010-10-19

Hows it going yall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows it going yall   Hows it going yall Icon_minitimeSat 02 Apr 2011, 11:01 pm

The Cherokee's are taking over! Welcome! Great to see another 4 door with a steel roof!
Back to top Go down
potlickinpirate
Got No Life
Got No Life
potlickinpirate

Number of posts : 898
Rig : 73 cj5
specs. : lined the whole thing
Registration date : 2009-09-04

Hows it going yall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows it going yall   Hows it going yall Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 9:45 pm

Welcome!!!
Back to top Go down
iWannaWELD
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
iWannaWELD

Hows it going yall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows it going yall   Hows it going yall Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 11:03 pm

Thanks guys been wrenching and burning in alot of new parts on the jeep (TJ) this past two days with my pops, I promise updated pictures tomorrow!

Appreciate it,
Mark
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Hows it going yall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows it going yall   Hows it going yall Icon_minitimeMon 04 Apr 2011, 10:51 am

welcome. lets see some pics of that TJ !!
Back to top Go down
RichSATX
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
RichSATX

Number of posts : 187
Rig : 03 Wrangler Sport
specs. : 2.5 Lift 33's
Registration date : 2011-02-09

Hows it going yall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows it going yall   Hows it going yall Icon_minitimeMon 04 Apr 2011, 11:26 am

Welcome from another newb here!
Back to top Go down
HerJK-X
Poster child
Poster child
HerJK-X

Number of posts : 288
Rig : 2008 JK Unlimited X
Registration date : 2010-07-27

Hows it going yall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows it going yall   Hows it going yall Icon_minitimeMon 04 Apr 2011, 11:44 am

Hello and Welcome!
Back to top Go down
paramedac
Poster child
Poster child
paramedac

Number of posts : 221
Rig : 1995 yj soft top half doors
specs. : 1.75 shackle lift 31x10.5x15 mud rovers,aftermarket bumpers but still the 2.5L
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Hows it going yall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows it going yall   Hows it going yall Icon_minitimeMon 04 Apr 2011, 1:47 pm

Welcome it is good to see another father and son interested in jeeps, my son has a 2010 jk and I have a 1995 YJ hope to see Y'all soon.
David
Back to top Go down
r_unda
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
r_unda

Number of posts : 794
Rig : 1998 Jeep Wrangler
specs. : 2.5L-4 Cyl., 33x10.5 BFG's Mud tires, 2.5 in. lift springs, 1.25 in. BL, 1 in. MML, 4.88 Gears, Front Powertrax No-Slip, Rear E-Locker, Chromoly axle shafts, SYE, Tera Low & 2Low, UCF Tummy Tuck, etc
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Hows it going yall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows it going yall   Hows it going yall Icon_minitimeMon 04 Apr 2011, 6:49 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
TXROCK
Poster child
Poster child
TXROCK

Number of posts : 243
Rig : 2007 JK Rubicon Unlimited
specs. : 3.5" RK X Factor Mid-Arm lift, 35x12.5x16 MTR/Ks, 16 inch Pro Comp 7069s, Genright Armor

Hows it going yall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows it going yall   Hows it going yall Icon_minitimeMon 04 Apr 2011, 7:19 pm

paramedac wrote:
Welcome it is good to see another father and son interested in jeeps, my son has a 2010 jk and I have a 1995 YJ hope to see Y'all soon.
David

My boys love the jeep as well, but they are waaay to young to have one yet! LOL They are 11, 6, and 2!

Back to top Go down
http://www.astrongerhealthieryou.com
iWannaWELD
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
iWannaWELD

Hows it going yall Empty
PostSubject: As Promised...   Hows it going yall Icon_minitimeMon 04 Apr 2011, 11:27 pm

So here is just a quick assortment of pictures from the TJ work progress, honestly me and my father aren't photographers. We usually remember to take pictures when things are either half way done or finished...

Here is when we first got her

Hows it going yall Img_0010
Hows it going yall Img_0011

Didnt even drive it, due to all the work needed on the suspension and one guys interpretation of "Piecing together a lift kit using aftermarket short arms and OEM arms.. As well as the wonderful surprise when we drained the radiator, putrid river water that was in there for who knows how long. So after about a hour of arguing what we were gonna throw in it after pulling the 2.5 out, we decided to stray from my 4bt/4L60e swap idea to the 5.3L/4L60E Swap... Which is fine I'll put the diesel in my ZJ :-)

Hows it going yall Dscn6710
Hows it going yall Dscn6810

So we then got into the whole "I gotta raptor everything" scheme of things, which turned into Color Matched Full Corner Guards, Black Rock Sliders, Hood Vent, Safari Doors, front and rear bumpers, and dash/Tube to come next. Dash will be shot in black raptor and tub will be Color Matched Stone White. Seats are gonna be Smittybuilt Suspension Seats.

We also got into POR-15, due to the fact the jeep was obviously left in a river or something by the previous so called "jeep owner" pfft.

POR'd the frame and complete underside of jeep after about a accumulative 30 hours of cleaning the inside of the frame and underside of jeep+ axles.

We then sprayed Lizard Skin Ceramic Coat 5-Coats on firewall and down into tranny tunnel continuing to the complete underside of the jeep. Which was followed by the Sound Proof Lizard Skin Coating of 7 Coats Same area. We will spray both again in the inside of the tub, my father is a sucker for a quiet riding jeep Smile. I sold him on it after building most of my Drifting 240sx's and coating the entire inside with both for nice quiet riding.

Hows it going yall Dscn6812
Hows it going yall Dscn0110

Then we put in the SYE on the np231, tackled rebuilding the 4L60E and putting in the transgo HD shift kit, the beast carrier, with a Corvette Piston as-well.

Hows it going yall Dscn6813
Hows it going yall Dscn6910
Hows it going yall Dscn6911
Hows it going yall Dscn7110
Hows it going yall Dscn7111

Then we started to tackle the lift kit this weekend and naturally I only took before pictures haha, but we still arent done yet. Here is how she sits now.

Hows it going yall Dscn7112
Hows it going yall Dscn7113
Hows it going yall Dscn7114
Hows it going yall Dscn7115
Hows it going yall Dscn7116
Hows it going yall Dscn7117
Hows it going yall Dscn7118

And then finally the pictures of the bumper I built for my dad and some friends out of 1/4" Steel.
Hows it going yall Dscn7119
Hows it going yall Dscn7120
Hows it going yall Dscn7011

Well guys like I said, it's been a on going onslaught of work on this TJ. Which was bought for the price of a rusted 1995 Ford Taurus, only on a decision of a father looking at his son and saying "You ready to make a soiled dove a lady son?" As you can see we didn't back down from the challenge ;-)

Thanks alot guys,
Mark
Back to top Go down
iWannaWELD
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
iWannaWELD

Hows it going yall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows it going yall   Hows it going yall Icon_minitimeMon 04 Apr 2011, 11:31 pm

TXROCK wrote:
paramedac wrote:
David

My boys love the jeep as well, but they are waaay to young to have one yet! LOL They are 11, 6, and 2!

I started wrenching with my dad when i was 7 on a 49 Ford F-1 we rebuilt till I was 11. I timed the engine and tuned the carb on the 454 we put in it... Put down over 700hp. I'm glad you got them in there... I can honestly say building cars kept me from doing alot of bad things that usual teenagers do. Probably would be in jail to be honest, half of my friends were in there at one time or another during our teens. Thank God for automobiles.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

Number of posts : 962
Rig : 1990 XJ Trigger
specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers
Registration date : 2010-10-19

Hows it going yall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows it going yall   Hows it going yall Icon_minitimeTue 05 Apr 2011, 7:49 pm

Damn! great work and great looking welds!
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Hows it going yall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows it going yall   Hows it going yall Icon_minitimeTue 05 Apr 2011, 8:07 pm

Dangit, man. That thing is gonna be fit for transporting the POTUS once your done. I've never heard of POR until this thread. Sounds like some good stuff. They offer a bed liner product too. Intriguing.

Great job. I can't wait to see it when she's finally a lady.
Back to top Go down
iWannaWELD
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
iWannaWELD

Hows it going yall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows it going yall   Hows it going yall Icon_minitimeTue 05 Apr 2011, 10:11 pm

Well Thanks Guys Appreciate it, Chris we need to do some 4-Door wheeling soon bud.

Just picked up 7 York 210 Compressors @ Pick-n-Pull gonna throw some on-board air on the TJ, and start to fab work off a Kilby Enterprises Kit for my ZJ. Basically its just moving the Alternator down and the York in its place.

We will put a 5 Gallon Tank in the TJ. I'll fab up a mounting shelf to fit behind rear seats, with the idea of keeping it high enough, to be able to store whatever underneath it.

And Hook-Em I highly recommend POR-15, and the Lizard Skin and U-Pol Raptor. Great products!
Back to top Go down
JK4AER
Poster child
Poster child
JK4AER

Number of posts : 292
Rig : '08 Black JKU Rubi
specs. : Loaded with two carseats!!!
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Hows it going yall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows it going yall   Hows it going yall Icon_minitimeTue 05 Apr 2011, 11:20 pm

TXROCK wrote:
paramedac wrote:
David

My dad has a '03 TJ Rubi on 35s and my oldest son turned 3 yesterday and had a Jeep themed party!!

BTW, welcome Mark!
Back to top Go down
iWannaWELD
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
iWannaWELD

Hows it going yall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows it going yall   Hows it going yall Icon_minitimeWed 06 Apr 2011, 8:49 pm

thanks guys. I think I'll be making the trip up to K2 in may for the Memorial Day Bash, hoping to have the TJ done but who know's. belly
Back to top Go down
Maverick1701
Jack Twist
Maverick1701

Number of posts : 910
Rig : 1968 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 6x6
specs. : ITS BIG!!!!!
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Hows it going yall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows it going yall   Hows it going yall Icon_minitimeThu 07 Apr 2011, 1:04 am

welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lemonparty.org
Sponsored content

Hows it going yall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows it going yall   Hows it going yall Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hows it going yall
Page 1 of 1