MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

crankshaft positioning cable?/

Go down 
+4
lonestar rubi
potlickinpirate
Chris
Idared
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Idared
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
Idared

Number of posts : 28
Rig : 1995 YJ
specs. : Idared has been lifted and has coil overs, 33 inch tires
Registration date : 2011-06-20

crankshaft positioning cable?/ Empty
PostSubject: crankshaft positioning cable?/   crankshaft positioning cable?/ Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2011, 4:33 pm

Idared (1995YJ) has a new fuel pump, filter and a crank shaft positioning sensor cable.. Now she starts great and will head out on the highway.. but then.. we miss and back fire for about three miles then when thats over we run pretty good the rest of the day.. WHAASSUPWIFDAT? Did I get a faulty crankshaft positioning sensor cable or is it an injector ?? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

Number of posts : 962
Rig : 1990 XJ Trigger
specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers
Registration date : 2010-10-19

PostSubject: Re: crankshaft positioning cable?/   crankshaft positioning cable?/ Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2011, 5:04 pm

Not crank sensor. It wouldn't start if it was crank sensor. Check spark plug wires to make sure one is not grounding out some where. Might have issuse with fuel or fuel pump.
Back to top Go down
potlickinpirate
Got No Life
Got No Life
potlickinpirate

Number of posts : 898
Rig : 73 cj5
specs. : lined the whole thing
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: crankshaft positioning cable?/   crankshaft positioning cable?/ Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2011, 8:22 pm

I like the wires idea. I have had good luck spraying the plug wires with a spray bottle of water while the engine is running at idle. Any weak link will rear it's ugly head...

This works well in the dark.

Full blowed redneck lightning show.....

redneck
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Number of posts : 1202
Rig : 2007 JK unlimited Rubicon
specs. : It's over there}
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: crankshaft positioning cable?/   crankshaft positioning cable?/ Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2011, 8:31 pm

x1000 on the spray bottle
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers

PostSubject: Re: crankshaft positioning cable?/   crankshaft positioning cable?/ Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2011, 8:40 pm

That's funny rite der! hah
Back to top Go down
Silver Surfer
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
Silver Surfer

Number of posts : 21
Rig : 2005 LJ Wrangler
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: crankshaft positioning cable?/   crankshaft positioning cable?/ Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2011, 9:57 pm

Can you wait till Friday night I will get Mel to hold the wire and you spray What a Face
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

PostSubject: Re: crankshaft positioning cable?/   crankshaft positioning cable?/ Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2011, 10:03 pm

Silver Surfer wrote:
Can you wait till Friday night I will get Mel to hold the wire and you spray What a Face

I hope she was standing over your shoulder when you typed that!!!! Shocked biff
Back to top Go down
Idared
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
Idared

PostSubject: Re: crankshaft positioning cable?/   crankshaft positioning cable?/ Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jun 2011, 10:02 am

I think that is a bright Idear!! I took Idared to my friend to put on the computer to see if it would tell him what is wrong. He is going to drive it today to check the oil pressure sensor too...
IF he can't fix it I will have a redneck light show with Mel holding it.. That sounds like FUN!! Thanks for all your help and IDeas.. I'll let you know what is Up!
Back to top Go down
Idared
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
Idared

PostSubject: Re: crankshaft positioning cable?/   crankshaft positioning cable?/ Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jun 2011, 10:34 am

MEchanic is replacing distributor.. See if that works. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Idared
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
Idared

PostSubject: Re: crankshaft positioning cable?/   crankshaft positioning cable?/ Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2011, 12:54 pm

MEchanic replaced distributor and rotor.. still having an issue with the sputtering down the highway and the oil sensor is still displaying up to 60 down to five .. Replacing that today.. Mechanic says I have a voltage problem or a sensor going out but can't tell which one till she is just dead on the road. I am not liking that option.
Do you have a suggestion?
Back to top Go down
potlickinpirate
Got No Life
Got No Life
potlickinpirate

Number of posts : 898
Rig : 73 cj5
specs. : lined the whole thing
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: crankshaft positioning cable?/   crankshaft positioning cable?/ Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2011, 6:40 pm

Chris wrote:
Not crank sensor. It wouldn't start if it was crank sensor. Check spark plug wires to make sure one is not grounding out some where. Might have issuse with fuel or fuel pump.

agreed.... how is the fuel pressure?

I would also buy a can of BG 44k and throw it in the tank.... it is wonderful and will get the guck from the entire fuel system...
Back to top Go down
Idared
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
Idared

PostSubject: Re: crankshaft positioning cable?/   crankshaft positioning cable?/ Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2011, 9:23 pm

Fuel pressure is good. and I have ran two bottles of ejector cleaner through her. The oil sensor helped the problem of the oil gage.. and she ran fine coming home from the shop. We will see how Idas going to run going to work in the morning. I did have the oil changed and new oil filter put on.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

PostSubject: Re: crankshaft positioning cable?/   crankshaft positioning cable?/ Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2011, 9:40 pm

Keep us informed!
Back to top Go down
Idared
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
Idared

PostSubject: Re: crankshaft positioning cable?/   crankshaft positioning cable?/ Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jul 2011, 9:30 am

Well, Idared is not fixed but she did run a little better. She didn't sputter for very long or as hard as she was doing before.. but the check engine light did come on. After the sputter- spell she ran good.
What o what could it be??? O2 sensor?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

PostSubject: Re: crankshaft positioning cable?/   crankshaft positioning cable?/ Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jul 2011, 6:38 pm

Pull code!
Back to top Go down
Idared
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
Idared

PostSubject: Re: crankshaft positioning cable?/   crankshaft positioning cable?/ Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jul 2011, 7:51 pm

on the home from work.. ran like a top no sputtering!! If engine light comes on tomorrow its straight to the shop to get that darn code.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

PostSubject: Re: crankshaft positioning cable?/   crankshaft positioning cable?/ Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jul 2011, 8:54 pm

The code should be stored in computer.
Back to top Go down
Stouttrout
Poster child
Poster child
Stouttrout

Number of posts : 347
Rig : Multiple (too many) JEEPS
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: crankshaft positioning cable?/   crankshaft positioning cable?/ Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul 2011, 1:03 am

it sounds to me like a thinking problem. In other words the vehicle has to run a little bit to get it's bearings. I have seen this when different sensors go bad CPS, O2 etc and seen it when the ECM starts to go. My Hemi rough idles for about 2 minutes when i first start it up everytime. then is finds its set and goes.
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: crankshaft positioning cable?/   crankshaft positioning cable?/ Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul 2011, 3:27 pm

Idared wrote:
I have ran two bottles of ejector cleaner through her.
Who makes ejectors for your Jeep? Smittybilt? Razz
Back to top Go down
Batjeep09
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk

Number of posts : 143
Rig : 2009 2 Dr JK
specs. : Big tires, scratches, cb, winch, lights, bike rack, more scratches and Batman decals.
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: crankshaft positioning cable?/   crankshaft positioning cable?/ Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul 2011, 8:41 pm

Have you checked your wires to make sure you have proper spacing and only cross at 90 deg angles? Also, check the camshaft position sensor. (Not sure if a 95 jeep has one, but if it has a crank sensor it should have a cam sensor as well I would think.)

Another trick, if you keep throwing codes and say little things make it run better, try d/c your battery for a bit. That will normally erase all "soft codes." IF it is a "hard code" you'll need a scan tool.

Back to top Go down
Idared
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
Idared

PostSubject: Re: crankshaft positioning cable?/   crankshaft positioning cable?/ Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul 2011, 8:58 pm

Deacon the "ejectors" are from ... acme. Laughing
No check engine lights today.. and it only sputtered about 20 seconds.. I have another appointment with the mechanic to pull code and try to gage the fuel pump pressure.
Back to top Go down
Idared
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
Idared

PostSubject: Re: crankshaft positioning cable?/   crankshaft positioning cable?/ Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jul 2011, 11:59 am

Ok.. This was a do over.. but I think we fixed it for sure.. Replaced Crankshaft position sensor again.May have got a faulty one... Seems to be working, Idared ran fine this morning 40 miles to work, 65 mph.. not cutting out.. and did not eject anyone. Razz
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

PostSubject: Re: crankshaft positioning cable?/   crankshaft positioning cable?/ Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jul 2011, 12:45 pm

Highly possible!! Especially if buy electrical stuff from Auto Zone. Their electrical stuff isn't worth a shit!
Back to top Go down
Idared
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
Idared

PostSubject: Re: crankshaft positioning cable?/   crankshaft positioning cable?/ Icon_minitimeMon 01 Aug 2011, 2:55 pm

The ejectors are from Wiley Coyote Acme company!! Razz The Injectors have been enjoying the cleaner..
Since we replaced the crank shaft position sensor with a new part from a car quest company Idared is running like a crazy girl. I have to watch the speedo so I won't get a ticket. 65- 70mph is her favorite speed.Especially downhill Like a Star @ heaven . Been using her for a week now as a daily driver!! WoohOOOEEE!! I think we got It. She hasn't thrown any codes at all. Keep your fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

PostSubject: Re: crankshaft positioning cable?/   crankshaft positioning cable?/ Icon_minitimeMon 01 Aug 2011, 9:54 pm

Yehaa!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: crankshaft positioning cable?/   crankshaft positioning cable?/ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

crankshaft positioning cable?/
Page 1 of 1