MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

IS THERE LINKAGE ON A BORG WARNER TRANSFER CASE

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cherokeechief

Number of posts : 1
Rig : 78 cherokee chief
specs. : 6'' lift ,4'' bod lift ,38'' super swampers. Modified amc 360 ,with 2500 stall converter. starting build on rollcage,rack ,bumpers,tire carrier,lights.
Registration date : 2011-06-22

IS THERE LINKAGE ON A BORG WARNER TRANSFER CASE Empty
PostSubject: IS THERE LINKAGE ON A BORG WARNER TRANSFER CASE   IS THERE LINKAGE ON A BORG WARNER TRANSFER CASE Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 11:51 pm

I bought a 78 cherokee chief, its been badly abused. I'm rebuilding it, my problem is I cant find a linkage for the hi and lo on the transfer case. There is a couple of vacum lines coming out of the transfer case, but nothing else. The transfer case is BORG WARNER it has a tag with the numbers 5363767........13-05-004. The housing has a number 13-05-107-903.The tranny is GM turbo hydro-matic 400 three speed. In the jeep next to the driver seat is a lever I think is for the hi/lo but it has no linkage connected to it. my question is how does this system work and what can i do,and need to make it work. In the glove box there is a knob for quadra track full time 4 wheel drive opperation. I have to make do with what i have . Any info will help thanks from cherokee chief........
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

Number of posts : 962
Rig : 1990 XJ Trigger
specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers
Registration date : 2010-10-19

PostSubject: Re: IS THERE LINKAGE ON A BORG WARNER TRANSFER CASE   IS THERE LINKAGE ON A BORG WARNER TRANSFER CASE Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 7:53 pm

http://www.bjsoffroad.com/default.asp
Check out this site I've got an older Jeep SJ and this place has alot of parts for them!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers

PostSubject: Re: IS THERE LINKAGE ON A BORG WARNER TRANSFER CASE   IS THERE LINKAGE ON A BORG WARNER TRANSFER CASE Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 7:57 pm

It should be a Dana 20 two stick.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

PostSubject: Re: IS THERE LINKAGE ON A BORG WARNER TRANSFER CASE   IS THERE LINKAGE ON A BORG WARNER TRANSFER CASE Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 7:58 pm

Back to top Go down
potlickinpirate
Got No Life
Got No Life
potlickinpirate

Number of posts : 898
Rig : 73 cj5
specs. : lined the whole thing
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: IS THERE LINKAGE ON A BORG WARNER TRANSFER CASE   IS THERE LINKAGE ON A BORG WARNER TRANSFER CASE Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 10:45 pm

That is a quadratrac unit. It works like a differential between the front and rear driveshaft all of the time and when you turn the vacuum switch it locks the shafts together. Low range was an option. It is a great unit, uses special oil, and is known for drinking fuel. There was also an aftermarket kit to convert it to part time as opposed to full time.

As far as the linkage.... I am not much help..... tooo many years ago.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IS THERE LINKAGE ON A BORG WARNER TRANSFER CASE   IS THERE LINKAGE ON A BORG WARNER TRANSFER CASE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IS THERE LINKAGE ON A BORG WARNER TRANSFER CASE
Page 1 of 1