MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tires- ISO some opinions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
outcast
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
outcast

Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Tires- ISO some opinions Empty
PostSubject: Tires- ISO some opinions   Tires- ISO some opinions Icon_minitimeMon 12 Dec 2011, 11:14 pm

I've always been a BFG fan. they've never steered me wrong or gotten me stuck. but their treads have all changed. and the procomps look very similar to the old treads I remember... and at less that 1/2 for the set - is there a downside?
Back to top Go down
Ingramsatx
Poster child
Poster child
Ingramsatx

Number of posts : 251
Rig : 2006 TJ
specs. : More money than I care to admit.
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Tires- ISO some opinions   Tires- ISO some opinions Icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec 2011, 12:46 am

I have been running ProComp Mud Terrain (33X12.5X15) for over 2 years and am very satisfied. Perfect tire for TJ's. Haven't had any problems. Buy 3 - get 1 free. Who's kidding who. You pay for all four. After 2 years and 20K miles, no noticeable treadwear.
Back to top Go down
outcast
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
outcast

PostSubject: Re: Tires- ISO some opinions   Tires- ISO some opinions Icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec 2011, 12:50 am

thanks ray
Back to top Go down
outcast
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
outcast

PostSubject: Re: Tires- ISO some opinions   Tires- ISO some opinions Icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec 2011, 11:46 pm

any chance I can give your rig a spin one day after work this week, ad see how my fat butt sits on them procomps?
Back to top Go down
Ingramsatx
Poster child
Poster child
Ingramsatx

Number of posts : 251
Rig : 2006 TJ
specs. : More money than I care to admit.
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Tires- ISO some opinions   Tires- ISO some opinions Icon_minitimeWed 14 Dec 2011, 12:33 am

You bet. Call me and let me know when you want to go for a drive.
210 945-9711
Back to top Go down
outcast
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
outcast

PostSubject: Re: Tires- ISO some opinions   Tires- ISO some opinions Icon_minitimeWed 14 Dec 2011, 3:18 pm

thanks ray. wound up finding a set of BFGs this morning out of CO and just ordered em. we'll see how they hold up and drive....
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Tires- ISO some opinions   Tires- ISO some opinions Icon_minitimeThu 15 Dec 2011, 4:07 pm

Which BFG tire did you go with? AT (KO)? KM2? Something else?
Back to top Go down
outcast
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
outcast

PostSubject: Re: Tires- ISO some opinions   Tires- ISO some opinions Icon_minitimeThu 15 Dec 2011, 6:21 pm

The KM2s. Not sure how I feel about them, having loved the old MTs... I was about to call Discount and tell them to just get the ATs, since they are still the same and I've had good experiences with them.... but he left a VM saying he found the MTs in a store in CO and had them shipped.

ATs on jeep moving to the blazer. MTs going on jeep.

Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Tires- ISO some opinions   Tires- ISO some opinions Icon_minitimeSat 17 Dec 2011, 3:44 am

I absolutely love my 35" KM2's. The only other tire I would really consider would be the Goodyear MT/R Kevlar. Well, I mean there are others as well like Pitbull Rockers and such, but realistically it's a toss-up between the KM2 and the Kevlars. My next set will most likely be the Kevlars, including on my Super Duty once the OEM Micheline AT's wear out.
Back to top Go down
outcast
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
outcast

PostSubject: Re: Tires- ISO some opinions   Tires- ISO some opinions Icon_minitimeSat 17 Dec 2011, 12:55 pm

good to know. they should be in any day now!
Back to top Go down
Renny
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
Renny

Number of posts : 153
Rig : JK 2010 Unlimited Sport
specs. : Tow package, New-to-me bumper, 35" BFG KM2's, Rigid industries fog lights, Ruggid Ridge transmission and oil pan skid plate
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Tires- ISO some opinions   Tires- ISO some opinions Icon_minitimeSun 25 Dec 2011, 9:38 pm

matinau wrote:
The KM2s. Not sure how I feel about them, having loved the old MTs...

I have had mine now for about 2 months? New to having new big tires and man I really love them. I noticed a few things. First, when I start fast on wet ground, I no longer spin out. I feel that they corner pretty good on wet ground and I don't fish tale. I also feel that I have better stopping and my jeep feels a lot more like it sticks to the ground in general. So, I'm pretty happy with them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tires- ISO some opinions   Tires- ISO some opinions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tires- ISO some opinions
Page 1 of 1