MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Can we do this fellow Jeepers?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Batjeep09
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk

Number of posts : 143
Rig : 2009 2 Dr JK
specs. : Big tires, scratches, cb, winch, lights, bike rack, more scratches and Batman decals.
Registration date : 2011-02-22

Can we do this fellow Jeepers? Empty
PostSubject: Can we do this fellow Jeepers?   Can we do this fellow Jeepers? Icon_minitimeSun 11 Mar 2012, 11:20 am

Hello all,
I have met many of you, and even helped some, and enjoy this club very much. The wheeling trips are great as is the company. I didn't know where to put this on the thread so here it is.

4 years ago my grandfather lost his fight to cancer. 3 years ago my father in law lost his fight as well to cancer. I have several people in my life who have been effected by cancer, and know others with whom had their friends and loved ones effected as well. Cancer is no joke, and effects many. I have signed up with my brother, and a family friend who's mother is a cancer survivor to race a 24 hour mountain bike race to raise money for cancer research. ALL PROCEEDS go to research.
What I am asking for us sponsors to the race. This race is helping to bring awareness and funds to the cure. On a personal level, training for it is helping my family to quite smoking and get into better shape for our children and ourselves. If you deside to click the link to help donate, we thank you. I put the goal for total donations at $150 but I'm hoping we can beat it! As in Blow it away! The site states donations are tax deductible as well. Donations can be entered under any name you want, screen name, real name, in memory of... Ect. Again if anyone wishes to help, or donate in the memory of here is the link to my teams page. Tha is agin.
http://24hoursinthecanyon.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/mobileDonorPledge.asp?ievent=998960&lis=0&kntae998960=40485FE397E742E7BC4D97AF6F7667A0&supId=352582687&team=0&scWidth=320
Back to top Go down
HerJK-X
Poster child
Poster child
HerJK-X

Number of posts : 288
Rig : 2008 JK Unlimited X
Registration date : 2010-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Can we do this fellow Jeepers?   Can we do this fellow Jeepers? Icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2012, 9:17 am

Hey Sean,

Good Luck on your race! Hope you reach your personal and sponsorship goals.
Back to top Go down
Batjeep09
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk

specs. : Big tires, scratches, cb, winch, lights, bike rack, more scratches and Batman decals.

PostSubject: Re: Can we do this fellow Jeepers?   Can we do this fellow Jeepers? Icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2012, 1:12 pm

Thank you very much!
Back to top Go down
HerJK-X
Poster child
Poster child
HerJK-X

Number of posts : 288
Rig : 2008 JK Unlimited X
Registration date : 2010-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Can we do this fellow Jeepers?   Can we do this fellow Jeepers? Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jun 2012, 6:05 pm

How did the race go?
Back to top Go down
Batjeep09
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk

PostSubject: Re: Can we do this fellow Jeepers?   Can we do this fellow Jeepers? Icon_minitimeSat 09 Jun 2012, 10:31 am

Well, we got flooded out. My brother opted to drive from his house to the canyon. His wife had to drive my jeep so ic
Could winch him out. It rained that hard. A lot of peeps met at an alternate site and raced in honor of those who have fought the fight, and their families. Our team ended with 83 miles in two days with 893 elevation change. It took me two days to learn to walk again. Lol

I will be training to do this again next year. I was going to ask/offer if anyone wants to race with us, and wants to ride or train with me I would love it and all are welcome. My endurance still needs improvement as I get over the years of smoking, but in 6 months training I have quit daily smoking, lost almost 20 lbs. gained probAbly 5-6 lbs muscle. Either way I have lost 2 pant sizes and my shirts fit better. The rewards are great. I ride in all sides of town as there are numerous trails and my wife has recently joined the idea, so ladies your not alone. Thanks for all who supported me this year, and I hope some of y'all want to ride for next year. (even if you don't go to the race event). Pm me if interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can we do this fellow Jeepers?   Can we do this fellow Jeepers? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can we do this fellow Jeepers?
Page 1 of 1