MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

another thread on gas prices

Go down 
+5
jflys yj
TxCrawler
N2rock
TxRubiRig
jeeperjennie
9 posters
AuthorMessage
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Number of posts : 2929
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

another thread on gas prices Empty
PostSubject: another thread on gas prices   another thread on gas prices Icon_minitimeWed 04 Jun 2008, 7:15 am

ok I was talking to someone yesterday about the rise in Gas price and how everyone is hurting when they go to the pump............some of you who know G and I, know that we don't pay for Gas...well except for our weekend stuff........but monday - friday our gas is covered...well anyhow...the guy I was talking to made the comment that........Gas prices rising don't effect me one bit........Sorry but I beg to differ.......

Yesterday I went Grocery Shopping.........every week I seem to get pretty much the same stuff a few things might very but my shopping list seems to be pretty much the same week after week........usually I tend to spend 215.00 to 225.00 each week...........

OMG..Yesterdays bill was 298.67... when I got to the Jeep I went over what I had bought only to find that it was all the usual stuff.

Todays Gas prices effect us all and not only at the pump...........after much though I am getting a little concerned about the lower income family's how are they going to be able to feed themselves?

I year ago V.S. today

20 oz soda ............................................1.06 now 1.29
1 gal milk................................................2.50 now 3.69
can chicken noodle soup ...........................0.65 now 0.85
12 pack soda ..........................................2.50 now 3.69
1 tub country crock butter spread ...............1.06 now 1.69
1 doz eggs...............................................0.99 now 1.29

This is just sickning!!!!!!!!! scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockrash4x4.com
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

Number of posts : 1278
Rig : black '07 Rubicon
specs. : 4.5" Long Arm, 35 KM2's
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: another thread on gas prices   another thread on gas prices Icon_minitimeWed 04 Jun 2008, 8:05 am

and just think...its only going to get worse. But damn Jen, $200 a week in groceries for 2/3 people! Quit going to Whole Foods, that'l help...lol.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: another thread on gas prices   another thread on gas prices Icon_minitimeWed 04 Jun 2008, 9:53 am

Yeah, everytime I hear someone talk about the oil prices not affecting them, I point out that it affects everyone and everything! It is not just limited to higher gas prices. Higher gas prices also mean it costs more to deliver goods to the stores. But aside from gas prices... PLASTIC! Plastic is made from oil. And everything these days contains plastic or is wrapped in plastic. So oil prices are going to have an impact across the board. Even if you stopped driving your car completely and only walked or rode a bike, you will inevitably feel the higher prices regardless.
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

PostSubject: Re: another thread on gas prices   another thread on gas prices Icon_minitimeWed 04 Jun 2008, 2:37 pm

TxRubiRig wrote:
and just think...its only going to get worse. But damn Jen, $200 a week in groceries for 2/3 people! Quit going to Whole Foods, that'l help...lol.

well, Joe
30 of that goes to the cats and dogs.........
25 of that goes to red bulls..........
25 of that goes twards sodas...........
25 of that goes to snacks..........

already at 105

75 of that goes to supper..........
20 goes twards breakfast stuff..........
20 go twards lunch meats and breads etc.......

then we always need something like laundry det..dish det. toilet paper paper towels etc......another 25 or so there.........

and we are already at 245.00 right there

and we only shop at HEB, Krogers or Walmart

it cost alot to feed these monsters!
Back to top Go down
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

PostSubject: Re: another thread on gas prices   another thread on gas prices Icon_minitimeWed 04 Jun 2008, 2:40 pm

LOL....its all good, just mess'n w/ya
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: another thread on gas prices   another thread on gas prices Icon_minitimeWed 04 Jun 2008, 2:50 pm

jeeperjennie wrote:

30 of that goes to the cats and dogs.........

your animals are too spoiled- I don't even spend that much on my 4 kids 🤣
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
TxCrawler
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
TxCrawler

Number of posts : 491
Rig : 98 TJ
specs. : Under Construction
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: another thread on gas prices   another thread on gas prices Icon_minitimeWed 04 Jun 2008, 4:03 pm

Trying feeding 5 people (3 kids), a 180# English Mastiff, 2 cats... Very Happy

I do feel bad for the lower income families. Even with our incomes, we are starting to feel the pinch. I don't know how some of the lower income families are going to make it if these trends continue.
Back to top Go down
jflys yj
Got No Life
Got No Life
jflys yj

Number of posts : 886
Rig : 93 YJ
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: another thread on gas prices   another thread on gas prices Icon_minitimeWed 04 Jun 2008, 4:26 pm

inflation
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jfly22
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: another thread on gas prices   another thread on gas prices Icon_minitimeWed 04 Jun 2008, 5:00 pm

the rate of gas is way outpacing the rate of inflation. which means the normal 3-5% raises arent comparable to the rising costs of everything. On the news this past week they warned of tire price increase Evil or Very Mad My dad is a store manager for firestone and told me prices are gonna go up about 6% accross the board by the end of the year. inflation is normally about 3%. paying more for everything is gonna start cutting into fun money Sad . carmen & i have started carpooling whenever possible. but even then, we still do ALOT of driving. we'll see what happens i guess.
Back to top Go down
jflys yj
Got No Life
Got No Life
jflys yj

Number of posts : 886
Rig : 93 YJ
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: another thread on gas prices   another thread on gas prices Icon_minitimeWed 04 Jun 2008, 9:05 pm

yep whataburger prices jsut went up
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jfly22
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Number of posts : 2515
Rig : 2007 Stone White 2-Door
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: another thread on gas prices   another thread on gas prices Icon_minitimeWed 04 Jun 2008, 9:12 pm

You guys know that in Europe gas prices are $9.00 per gallon, we can expect gas to continue to rise for a while. It has got to be very hard on the lower income people, I don't know how they are going to make it.

They say that we will not recognize the country in 10 years from now because things are going to be so different.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeep-nation.com
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

PostSubject: Re: another thread on gas prices   another thread on gas prices Icon_minitimeWed 04 Jun 2008, 9:44 pm

yes but in Europe don't they tax things like Gas and use it twards Health care?

My friend Cindy lived in Europe for a while....thats where her company sent her. she told me that over there well, in most parts that they have free Health Care.......I guess it's not really Free because they pay taxes for it but at least everyone doesn't have to worry about health care.

I wouldn't mind paying that much for gas if I didn't have to pay 250.00 every month for Health insurance + deductables...etc........

but paying 9.00 per gal just for it to fill up some jerks pocket is a bunch of B.S.
Back to top Go down
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

Number of posts : 3197
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: another thread on gas prices   another thread on gas prices Icon_minitimeWed 04 Jun 2008, 9:45 pm

I just watched a piece on the news the other night that talked about all these points. One family in particular were middle income and gave regularly to food banks etc. Now they don`t have enough money for food and are them selves having to go to the very food bank they donated to. Crazy!!!!! I keep saying something gotta give. Something is gonna go down and it aint gonna be pretty.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruzcreation.com
jkdrone
Poster child
Poster child

Number of posts : 391

PostSubject: Re: another thread on gas prices   another thread on gas prices Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jun 2008, 8:25 pm

Well, the price on milk should go down soon, if the DOJ has antyhing to do about it =)

http://marketplace.publicradio.org/display/web/2008/05/19/milk_prices_up/

Aparantly, the DFA has been doing a good job of making sure their profits increase as the wholesale price for milk decreases.

The odd thing is, though, my spending on gas, food, and dining out has been pretty even for the past 18 months. (Just pulled up the graphs) I guess that I just naturally slow down as prices rise!

Admittedly, I'm not sure how much I'm liking this though - I have started skipping out on a lot of things I would normally do, due to gas prices (A year ago, I was down at the beach almost every weekend, sometimes twice in a weekend. I've only been down a handful of times this year.)

Or, I can look at it like this: I drove, umm, about 25k miles from 1/1/07 to 1/1/08, from 1/1/08 to now (6/10), I've driven approximately 9k. So, that's about 1/3rd less miles (9k vs. 12.5k) but the exact same expendature in gas!

!c
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

PostSubject: Re: another thread on gas prices   another thread on gas prices Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jun 2008, 4:11 am

yup at he pump today and man 3.95 a gal thats a bit crazy ........... we keep seeing a price increase in everything but it seems that no one is getting a raise at work! Heck Just this week I got a new work over load but no more $$$$$

Seems i will have to work twice as hard to make the same money!

I'm whishing I could sell my Jeep ....... fix up the CJ and well quit my Job ..... but there is now way I'd get what I owe for the darn thing ..... but the thought on one less bill to pay sure sounds nice!

Seems like they just price gouged us cause it's summer
Back to top Go down
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

PostSubject: Re: another thread on gas prices   another thread on gas prices Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jun 2008, 12:59 pm

jeeperjennie wrote:
Seems like they just price gouged us cause it's summer

Um, they do that every year during summer and also doing the travel holiday seasons
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: another thread on gas prices   another thread on gas prices Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

another thread on gas prices
Page 1 of 1