MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help Day (Houston)

Go down 
+4
terrahawk
jkx0778
JK_JOE
Renee10
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Number of posts : 2515
Rig : 2007 Stone White 2-Door
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Help Day (Houston) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Day (Houston)   Help Day (Houston) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Sep 2008, 8:47 pm

Thanks for all the info, I guess we just wait till yall give us the word. Steve we could bring you some fence materials if / when you want.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeep-nation.com
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Help Day (Houston) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Day (Houston)   Help Day (Houston) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Sep 2008, 11:06 am

POD Locations as of 9/16/06 - 1:23 p.m.

ADDRESS

Bay Area Community Centers

Seabrook

500 Nasa Rd 1, 77586

Baytown Annex

Baytown

701 West Baker Rd, 77521

Community of Faith

Houston

1023 Pinemont Dr, 77018

Deer Park Football Stadium Ctr

Deer Park

701 W. St. Augustine, 77536

Fonteno Community Center

Houston

14350 Wallisvile, 77049

Fountain of Praise

Houston

3950 Hillcroft St., 77085

Greater Jerusalem

Houston

8901 Jensen Dr., 77093

Greenspoint Harvest Time Church

Greenspoint

17770 Imperial Valley, 77060

New Life Christian Fellow Church

La Porte

2104 Underwood St, 77571

Ripley House

Houston

4410 Navigation, 77011

San Jacinto Center

Highlands

604 Highland Woods Dr, 77562

Second Baptist

Houston

6400 Woodway, 77057

Texas Southern University

Houston

4334 Blodgett, 77004

Kroger's Tomball

Tomball

14060 FM 2920 @ Buvinghausen, 77377

West Town Mall (Old Kroger)

Baytown

4100 Decker Dr., 77520

Windsor Village UMC

Houston

6000 Heatherbrook, 77085

Zion Lutheran

Houston

3606 Beauchamp 77009

Grace Community Church

Houston

14505 Gulf Freeway, 77034

St. Agnes Church

Houston

3730 South Ave, 77053
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Number of posts : 2929
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Help Day (Houston) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Day (Houston)   Help Day (Houston) Icon_minitimeWed 17 Sep 2008, 10:20 pm

hey Joes we will be in the memorial area tomorrow helping people, give us a call if your in that area.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockrash4x4.com
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

Number of posts : 1278
Rig : black '07 Rubicon
specs. : 4.5" Long Arm, 35 KM2's
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Help Day (Houston) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Day (Houston)   Help Day (Houston) Icon_minitimeWed 17 Sep 2008, 8:46 pm

OK, my family crap is done...they just have little to at each place. Still no power at my place. I'm not working right now and don't really feel like sitting on my arse again.

So, tomorrow I will be going back out again and helping others (strangers).

With that being said, if anyone needs help please let me know.
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Number of posts : 2929
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Help Day (Houston) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Day (Houston)   Help Day (Houston) Icon_minitimeWed 17 Sep 2008, 4:21 pm

Gas is still an issue here also.......the lines to get gas are miles long and the price is going up.....Joe is right they are urging people to stay in their areas. Coming down to help anyone at this point would just be a mess.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockrash4x4.com
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

Number of posts : 1278
Rig : black '07 Rubicon
specs. : 4.5" Long Arm, 35 KM2's
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Help Day (Houston) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Day (Houston)   Help Day (Houston) Icon_minitimeWed 17 Sep 2008, 1:13 pm

Yes, I agree that the SA group should wait.

Here's what I've seen. My place no power and trees down...actually thats most of the houston area...

I have family throughout Galveston County. Except for 2 families (that LIVED) on the island, its the same throughout no power and trees down for them.

I haven't been to Galveston. But I did travel through Kemah and Seabrook yesterday. Well they have a different story...no dry homes, most of their personal belongs scattered throughout their propery, of course no power and trees down everywhere too. A very sad site and makes me thankful that I just have no power and a few trees to deal with.

From what I've seen most people are fine in the general Houston area (including myself) exceptfor no power. Most people have the majority of the down trees cut and stacked up by the roads. And those that don't are still in the process of doing so.

Guess what I'm saying is that those that are in the greatest need are those right next to the water...Glaveston (although its closed), Kemah, Seabrook, Baycliff, Surfside, bolivar, etc... When in Seabrook yesterday, I was told that any all and help is going through the local fire deparment. Actually, the officer stated that the whole city was being run out of the fire station. I don't know for sure, but for those wanting to help in whatever manner should probably attempt to contact the local fire department in whatever city/town/community they would be interested in helping.

thats my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
The Raven
Poster child
Poster child
The Raven

Number of posts : 313
Rig : 09 X ulimited **1/2 doors**
specs. : 2.5" TF BB 35" KM
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Help Day (Houston) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Day (Houston)   Help Day (Houston) Icon_minitimeWed 17 Sep 2008, 10:18 am

i work in katy and live in tomball. My comute is entirely through residental streets and i have seen less than a dozen homes who's fence is undamaged.

Buy stock in fence boards and concrete.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Help Day (Houston) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Day (Houston)   Help Day (Houston) Icon_minitimeWed 17 Sep 2008, 9:50 am

Yeah- you should wait. Gas is in high demand here. And I'm sure building supplies are going to be short for a while.

I need to replace my entire fence, as does the majority of my neighborhood and every neighborhood around me. I have a feeling it is going to be very hard to get the boards and posts for the next few weeks. This Saturday I am going to break down the sections of my rear fence and move them to the curb. The neighbor on my left has already done that to my left side fence. The neighbor to my right has done a temporary job to hold the fence up so his dog won't get out, so that fence will remain until the rebuild. So that just leaves the rear fence to break down and remove. I'm figuring it will only take a couple hours.

From there, I need to work out the logistics of getting a trailer and purchasing all the materials. But that is likely a few weeks off with all things considered.
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com

Help Day (Houston) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Day (Houston)   Help Day (Houston) Icon_minitimeTue 16 Sep 2008, 9:58 pm

Here in North Houston/Spring Area, some electricity is on but most is still off. As for my subdivision, they haven't even started cutting the trees off the power lines yet.

It would be a good idea to wait because every gas station that has gas is out within hours of opening the pumps. Most all the stations around the 1960 & Spring area are out of gas and the ones that have it are pumping from generators but doesn't last long before there just selling what they have in the store.

It's stand up of the ones that want to come and help, I'm sure there are a lot of people who need it too.

Paul.
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Help Day (Houston) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Day (Houston)   Help Day (Houston) Icon_minitimeTue 16 Sep 2008, 7:50 pm

I'm not sure if we should go down too early looks like they are still telling people to stay away. We need to hear from you guys when a good time is. I know they need to get the gas pumps back up and electricity.

Thanks for the offer Terrahawk, we will wait to hear from anyone that needs help and let them tell us when to come.

We are here and ready to help!!
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Help Day (Houston) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Day (Houston)   Help Day (Houston) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Sep 2008, 1:22 am

Ya'll can stay at my place, but I will not be home this Saturday during the day. However, I can leave a key with you and will be home that night.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Help Day (Houston) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Day (Houston)   Help Day (Houston) Icon_minitimeSun 14 Sep 2008, 10:50 pm

it's iffy for me. next weekend is a no go for sure. the weekend of the 28th also not good. but after that, i can go. but is that too late?
Back to top Go down
JK_JOE
Got No Life
Got No Life

Number of posts : 815
Rig : R.I.P.
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Help Day (Houston) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Day (Houston)   Help Day (Houston) Icon_minitimeSun 14 Sep 2008, 9:49 pm

Let me know as far ahead as possible. Hopefully it will be soon. I will not be available on Oct. 10-13 though.
Joe
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Help Day (Houston) Empty
PostSubject: Help Day (Houston)   Help Day (Houston) Icon_minitimeSun 14 Sep 2008, 7:59 pm

Dear All,

Bobby and myself would like to go to Houston and help out any of our fellow jeepers that may need some clean up help. We are available any weekend EXCEPT the Sept 28th (Bobby has to go to Corpus). I know several of our guys got hit hard, especially Skoalman. If anyone is interested in going down to help let us know. I thought we would go early Sat, spend Sat night (Motel) then work on Sunday and come home Sunday evening. I will see if we can get in touch with the Houston guys and see what would work for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help Day (Houston) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Day (Houston)   Help Day (Houston) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help Day (Houston)
Page 1 of 1