MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Steering Stabilzer

Go down 
+6
N2rock
TxCrawler
jonsjeep
redneckhouston
terrahawk
TxRubiRig
10 posters
AuthorMessage
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

Number of posts : 1278
Rig : black '07 Rubicon
specs. : 4.5" Long Arm, 35 KM2's
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Steering Stabilzer Empty
PostSubject: Steering Stabilzer   Steering Stabilzer Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2009, 9:04 pm

OK, yes I need one.

Based on just about all of my prior purchasing experiences, I would like some input from others as to what to get.

I would like the RC dual system, but don't think it works with aftermarket diff's.

So, any input is good input
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Steering Stabilzer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering Stabilzer   Steering Stabilzer Icon_minitimeWed 18 Feb 2009, 12:48 am

Don't get that one Joe.
Back to top Go down
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

Number of posts : 1161
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : 26" spinners, curb feelers, and 6 15 in woofers
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Steering Stabilzer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering Stabilzer   Steering Stabilzer Icon_minitimeWed 18 Feb 2009, 12:50 am

TxRubiRig wrote:
OK, yes I need one.

Based on just about all of my prior purchasing experiences, I would like some input from others as to what to get.

I would like the RC dual system, but don't think it works with aftermarket diff's.

do it right or do it twice........

leave it stock or fox with a pp relocate
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.ROCKRASH4X4.COM
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

Number of posts : 2345
Rig : 2007 sahara unlimted
specs. : 5.5 rockkrawler mid arm with 39's rancho rear bumper pure jeep front bumper dana 44 front axle, no carpet and a funny dusty smell
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Steering Stabilzer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering Stabilzer   Steering Stabilzer Icon_minitimeWed 18 Feb 2009, 11:34 am

the rc should be fine. i have solid diff cover and it works just fine.
Back to top Go down
TxCrawler
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
TxCrawler

Number of posts : 491
Rig : 98 TJ
specs. : Under Construction
Registration date : 2008-03-23

Steering Stabilzer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering Stabilzer   Steering Stabilzer Icon_minitimeWed 18 Feb 2009, 12:03 pm

TxRubiRig wrote:
OK, yes I need one.

In reality you really don't need a new one unless it is damaged or leaking etc..., just relocate it. I'm running fine with my stock one with the 37's. I would just relocated to the top of the tie rod. If you think you need a dual system, you are mistaken....Don't do it they are really only for looks or to hide other issues in your front end. If your caster is set correctly, and dont have any underlying issues, you won't have any problems.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Steering Stabilzer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering Stabilzer   Steering Stabilzer Icon_minitimeWed 18 Feb 2009, 12:06 pm

TxCrawler wrote:
TxRubiRig wrote:
OK, yes I need one.

In reality you really don't need a new one unless it is damaged or leaking etc..., just relocate it. I'm running fine with my stock one with the 37's. I would just relocated to the top of the tie rod. If you think you need a dual system, you are mistaken....Don't do it they are really only for looks or to hide other issues in your front end. If your caster is set correctly, and dont have any underlying issues, you won't have any problems.

X2

Although the dual systems do score points for cool looks
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

Steering Stabilzer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering Stabilzer   Steering Stabilzer Icon_minitimeWed 18 Feb 2009, 3:01 pm

the stock is leaking...jeeps tracks in a striaght line (w/out wind)...but even bump/hole in the road is felt through the steering wheel
Back to top Go down
akonius
Got No Life
Got No Life
akonius

Number of posts : 845
Rig : '08 4dr JK
specs. : 2.5 BB w/9550's, XRC8 winch, 35"x18" Nittos and a bunch of other stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Steering Stabilzer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering Stabilzer   Steering Stabilzer Icon_minitimeWed 18 Feb 2009, 3:22 pm

N2rock wrote:
...Although the dual systems do score points for cool looks

...and cool looks don't mean functionality...much like the 3.8 JKP below (Gladiator)! Although, cool looks do make you a trail rock star! Cool

Steering Stabilzer Jeep-gladiator-concept-20050209054327935
Back to top Go down
http://www.akonius.com
TxCrawler
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
TxCrawler

Number of posts : 491
Rig : 98 TJ
specs. : Under Construction
Registration date : 2008-03-23

Steering Stabilzer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering Stabilzer   Steering Stabilzer Icon_minitimeWed 18 Feb 2009, 3:51 pm

TxRubiRig wrote:
the stock is leaking...jeeps tracks in a striaght line (w/out wind)...but even bump/hole in the road is felt through the steering wheel

Called bump steer..... This is caused by your drag link and Track bar not being parallel...

Either way, your stabilizer is not causing it, but since it is leaking I would replace it.
Back to top Go down
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

Steering Stabilzer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering Stabilzer   Steering Stabilzer Icon_minitimeWed 18 Feb 2009, 4:37 pm

TxCrawler wrote:
TxRubiRig wrote:

Called bump steer..... This is caused by your drag link and Track bar not being parallel...

Either way, your stabilizer is not causing it, but since it is leaking I would replace it.

OK...well then thats what imma need done at the install then
Back to top Go down
matthew2000tx
Poster child
Poster child
matthew2000tx

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Steering Stabilzer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering Stabilzer   Steering Stabilzer Icon_minitimeWed 18 Feb 2009, 10:55 pm

"This is caused by your drag link and Track bar not being parallel...."

Ok.. how is that corrected?
I'm having the same usues with feeling every little bump and I get a wobble at 45-50..mph. I've balanced tire and blanced tire again, replaced all shocks to get rid of shock adapters that came with Teraflex BB, how running full length skyjackers. Replaced Steering Stablizer and I've got Full Traction adj. Track bars frt and rear to install at the party Sat.... maybe we can check over my steering/trackbar/etc over too.

I had the death wobble Monday the way to work. I ended up in the median of the road the shaking was that bad! Luckily I didn't hit anything. Took tires in for another reblance it helped but the wobble is there but less noticable.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Steering Stabilzer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering Stabilzer   Steering Stabilzer Icon_minitimeThu 19 Feb 2009, 9:19 am

matthew2000tx wrote:
"This is caused by your drag link and Track bar not being parallel...."

Ok.. how is that corrected?
I'm having the same usues with feeling every little bump and I get a wobble at 45-50..mph. I've balanced tire and blanced tire again, replaced all shocks to get rid of shock adapters that came with Teraflex BB, how running full length skyjackers. Replaced Steering Stablizer and I've got Full Traction adj. Track bars frt and rear to install at the party Sat.... maybe we can check over my steering/trackbar/etc over too.

I had the death wobble Monday the way to work. I ended up in the median of the road the shaking was that bad! Luckily I didn't hit anything. Took tires in for another reblance it helped but the wobble is there but less noticable.

That 40-50mph shimmy is definitely from tires out of balance. Unfortunately the vast majority of tire shops can not properly balance these big tires. Their machine shows that it's balanced, but they are not. Geo ended up taking his to a shop that specializes in balancing tractor-trailer tires, and they got it right. I just wish I could find a shop like that near me. I have lifetime balancing from Discount Tires. I literally stand there and watch them balance, and see that the machine says they are dead on. But then I drive away and get the 40-50mph shimmy. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
Hutch
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Hutch

Number of posts : 524
Rig : Black '07 Unlimited X
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Steering Stabilzer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering Stabilzer   Steering Stabilzer Icon_minitimeThu 19 Feb 2009, 1:43 pm

Yup. I got it now also....
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Steering Stabilzer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering Stabilzer   Steering Stabilzer Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb 2009, 5:50 pm

try firestone at fort sam. they have the "road force" balancing machine. it balances the tire with a roller against the tire to simulate the tire tolling on the road. I think the firestone on 1604 & culebra might have the same balancing machine too, but not positive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Steering Stabilzer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering Stabilzer   Steering Stabilzer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steering Stabilzer
Page 1 of 1