MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Countdown to K-rocks

Go down 
+18
jeeperjennie
Duke
JK-fredd0
Bizarro
akonius
redneckhouston
martij3
Renee10
jeff.lyon3
HippyJeepChick
terrahawk
goldenboy
TxCrawler
TxRubiRig
jkdrone
Dutchboy101
Mr.RonGilbert
N2rock
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

Number of posts : 1278
Rig : black '07 Rubicon
specs. : 4.5" Long Arm, 35 KM2's
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Countdown to K-rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Countdown to K-rocks   Countdown to K-rocks Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 9:21 am

LOL, OK yes I did get somethings a little wet, but that was my fault for not securing/putting everything up properly saturday morning before wheelin
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to K-rocks   Countdown to K-rocks Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 1:16 am

great pics guys. wish i could have been there. lil Red all i can say is WOW affraid

glad your & the Mrs are ok and your jeep made it out running. That's a great reason to go WILD on that bad boy now.
Back to top Go down
jkdrone
Poster child
Poster child

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to K-rocks   Countdown to K-rocks Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 11:58 pm

Had a blast! What a great time wheeling with everyone. Sunday afternoon and today were both great days, Saturday definitely felt cut short with all of the rain. I'm glad everything turned right and it cleared up.

I think I racked up both my highest "winched out" count in one day (3), and boulders moved unintentionally/intentionally (2/1). *grin* Although, speaking of boulders, TxRubi gets props for his bull-dozering skills!

LilRedRubi - glad you, and the guys ahead of you, came out of your flops safe and well, and with running jeeps.

I'm certainly going to miss Katemcy, but I don't think my body will, hehe. We just got back in, and we're both dead tired, so it'll be tomorrow before I can get any pictures up. I can't wait for the next trip =)

!c
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to K-rocks   Countdown to K-rocks Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 10:09 pm

TxRubiRig wrote:
Ah...what a blast. SA guys (those that didn't come, grrr). Well I think I speak for a lot of us Houston folk and have now added few more adopties to our clan...lol.

Good to see everyone and to me others.

Sorry no pics/vids here, as I was solo.

For those that left early, Sunday afternoon and Monday were beautiful days out of the rocks.

As for the water boarding...I stayed high and dry..literally in my hammock..hehe

How about the wet-smokey jammies that you were wearing.... those were sexy!
Back to top Go down
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

Number of posts : 1278
Rig : black '07 Rubicon
specs. : 4.5" Long Arm, 35 KM2's
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to K-rocks   Countdown to K-rocks Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 9:36 pm

Ah...what a blast. SA guys (those that didn't come, grrr). Well I think I speak for a lot of us Houston folk and have now added few more adopties to our clan...lol.

Good to see everyone and to me others.

Sorry no pics/vids here, as I was solo.

For those that left early, Sunday afternoon and Monday were beautiful days out of the rocks.

As for the water boarding...I stayed high and dry..literally in my hammock..hehe
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to K-rocks   Countdown to K-rocks Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 9:12 pm

I hope you took a few seconds to perform a thorough inspection of the underside.... since you went through the trouble to make it easy and all.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
littleredrubicon
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
littleredrubicon

Number of posts : 95
Rig : 04 Rubicon
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to K-rocks   Countdown to K-rocks Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 9:04 pm

I was heading up the hill, and I felt it slip just a bit so I stopped. But it just kept sliding over slowly. Finally It got the the point I knew it was going so I tucked my elbows in and held on.

I went from this....
Countdown to K-rocks IMG_5818

To this in about 6 inches.
Countdown to K-rocks IMG_5819

You can see I was terribly broken up over it.
Countdown to K-rocks IMG_5820

I was having problems getting the seat belt unbuckled. I was going to ride it back up but I finally managed to get it.

Here is the main damage....
Countdown to K-rocks IMG_5829
Countdown to K-rocks IMG_5830

Yes I was in the water... not the cause of it. Smile

The cowl is tweeked and the door hinge is pushed in. The windshield and frame are toast. There are some scratches and fender flair that needs replaced. Really my only big concern is the cowl. Now we're trying to figure out where to go next with the Jeep. Repair and keep it as a DD or make it trail only and go wild! I'll figure it out over the next few days after I talk with USAA.

The rest of the weekend was good. We did some nice technical trails and a couple of more difficult obstacles (far more difficult than the hill I flopped on).

As always the rest of the pictures can be seen at http://littleredrubicon.com.

Last edited by littleredrubicon on Mon 25 May 2009, 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://littleredrubicon.com
akonius
Got No Life
Got No Life
akonius

Number of posts : 845
Rig : '08 4dr JK
specs. : 2.5 BB w/9550's, XRC8 winch, 35"x18" Nittos and a bunch of other stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to K-rocks   Countdown to K-rocks Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 7:44 pm

....ugh....I just crawled in the door right now! We left Brady at 11am and there was SO MUCH TrAFFIC on I-10, it seemed as if half of Houston left for the weekend and was returning all at the same time! 5 hour trip easily turned into almost 7...

Oh but what a great trip it was - Had a blast and 1/2! Pics and one of my wacko vids to come shortly!
Back to top Go down
http://www.akonius.com
littleredrubicon
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
littleredrubicon

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to K-rocks   Countdown to K-rocks Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 6:57 pm

bodyguy wrote:
Renee10 wrote:
Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
Yes that is LilRedRubi..
Jerry and his wife are our SA members, were they ok?

Both are ok I just wanted to stay in touch I enjoyed wheeling with them. P.M. me if yall need assistance getting the Jeep taken care of.

We enjoyed wheeling with you as well. I'll probably hit you with a P.M. soon. Getting ready to go out and grab some chow. Been cleaning all day and we're getting a little hungry.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to K-rocks   Countdown to K-rocks Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 6:56 pm

littleredrubicon wrote:
Renee10 wrote:
Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
Yes that is LilRedRubi..

Yep, we're good. Had a blast dispite the flop. No one hurt, jeep runs fine but needs some body work. I'll post pictures and a report in a bit.

I know a "bodyguy" that lives around Cedar Creek....

Hey Joe - did she get the flowers?
Back to top Go down
littleredrubicon
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
littleredrubicon

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to K-rocks   Countdown to K-rocks Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 6:55 pm

Renee10 wrote:
Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
Yes that is LilRedRubi..

Yep, we're good. Had a blast dispite the flop. No one hurt, jeep runs fine but needs some body work. I'll post pictures and a report in a bit.
Back to top Go down
bodyguy
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
bodyguy

Number of posts : 43
Rig : 07 JK Rubicon Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to K-rocks   Countdown to K-rocks Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 6:54 pm

Renee10 wrote:
Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
Yes that is LilRedRubi..

Both are ok I just wanted to stay in touch I enjoyed wheeling with them. P.M. me if yall need assistance getting the Jeep taken care of.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to K-rocks   Countdown to K-rocks Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 5:58 pm

Renee10 wrote:
Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
Yes that is LilRedRubi..

They are both good to go, just banged up the jeep a bit.
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Number of posts : 2515
Rig : 2007 Stone White 2-Door
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to K-rocks   Countdown to K-rocks Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 5:49 pm

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
Yes that is LilRedRubi..
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeep-nation.com
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to K-rocks   Countdown to K-rocks Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 2:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to K-rocks   Countdown to K-rocks Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 2:45 pm

bodyguy wrote:
Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
It is the three kids (brothers) in the red 2dr.... the ones who don't listen to spotters and just kinda do their own thing... There were only two in the Jeep when it flopped. Rubi flopped when his rig ran over the leaked fluids from their rig. The rock was slick.

Good kids for the most part, just need to trust (and use) a spotter.

They were at Trees, their dad had hurt his leg real bad weeks before the run, real nice guy! I gave him a ride while we were out there. He was hurtin pretty good.

Ok I reworded my post it sounded weird.
The guy and his wife in the Rubi that hit the oil slick and the flopped over, are they on this forum?

Bodyguy,

Yes, they are on this forum. His user name is littleredrubicon.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to K-rocks   Countdown to K-rocks Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 2:43 pm

Yes that is LilRedRubi..
Back to top Go down
bodyguy
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
bodyguy

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to K-rocks   Countdown to K-rocks Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 12:30 pm

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
It is the three kids (brothers) in the red 2dr.... the ones who don't listen to spotters and just kinda do their own thing... There were only two in the Jeep when it flopped. Rubi flopped when his rig ran over the leaked fluids from their rig. The rock was slick.

Good kids for the most part, just need to trust (and use) a spotter.

They were at Trees, their dad had hurt his leg real bad weeks before the run, real nice guy! I gave him a ride while we were out there. He was hurtin pretty good.

Ok I reworded my post it sounded weird.
The guy and his wife in the Rubi that hit the oil slick and the flopped over, are they on this forum?
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to K-rocks   Countdown to K-rocks Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 11:14 am

Renee10 wrote:
We are thinking about you guys, sorry we couldn't make it, I know you guys are having a blast!!!! Did you do the V notch yet? Take care everyone can't wait to see the pics!!!

That is the first trail that we ran, and we ran it backwards. Fun but that is where the traffic jam and two flops happened. Made for a long morning.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to K-rocks   Countdown to K-rocks Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 11:13 am

Edited.... see below.

Last edited by Mr.RonGilbert on Mon 25 May 2009, 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bodyguy
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
bodyguy

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to K-rocks   Countdown to K-rocks Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 10:29 am

Ron, Who was the second guy that flopped and is he on this forum?

Last edited by bodyguy on Mon 25 May 2009, 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JK-fredd0
Got No Life
Got No Life
JK-fredd0

Number of posts : 812
Rig : 2007 JK Unlimited Sahara
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to K-rocks   Countdown to K-rocks Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 1:13 am

if i wouldn't have sold 4 cars today i would be really pissed. but now i am just jealous.
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Number of posts : 2515
Rig : 2007 Stone White 2-Door
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to K-rocks   Countdown to K-rocks Icon_minitimeSun 24 May 2009, 2:37 pm

We are thinking about you guys, sorry we couldn't make it, I know you guys are having a blast!!!! Did you do the V notch yet? Take care everyone can't wait to see the pics!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeep-nation.com
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

Number of posts : 3197
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to K-rocks   Countdown to K-rocks Icon_minitimeSun 24 May 2009, 1:39 am

Glad you all are having a blast!!! I sure wish I could be there. Have a Crown & Coke for me Mr. G!

Peace!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruzcreation.com
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to K-rocks   Countdown to K-rocks Icon_minitimeSun 24 May 2009, 12:29 am

Quick report from the Rocks!!!

Today was a good day - no breaks and only two flops (coughLilRedcoughcouch) but I won't go into who flopped. Did the "waterfall" first thing this morning and took part in the mother of all traffic jams and watched Golden wheel his stock Sahara like he just stole it. We finished the waterfall (top 9 trails in the country!!---> and we went up vs down!) and then spent the next several hours just going wherever... sometimes round and round on the granite, you could get into as much as you wanted and run a different line every time. A pretty good storm cell started creeping our direction so we moved a little closer to camp where we explored the granite some more before it started to rain. Akonius led us back to camp just before the bottom fell out.

BBQ served at 7p and the band started at ~830... they gave away a warn winch to some shmuck that no one knew (RIGGED!!!) Had to run in the camper to freshen up the crown and coke (make another one!!!!) now it's back to listen to the band for a bit.

This place is JAMMED!!! There are over 315 rigs and 700+ people! A little crowded on the trails but well worth the wait and effort. It is a damn shame that this place is closing. I spoke with Mrs Elaine at the gate, she said that the new owner (son of the previous owner who recently passed away) has never even seen the place and is closing it down. What a tool. This place is unbelievable!!!! I am thankful that I got to wheel it - no doubt!!!

Got some great pix and am working on a vid, will get it up when I get back. Wish the rest of you were here, good times!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to K-rocks   Countdown to K-rocks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Countdown to K-rocks
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next