MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Aussie Locker in JK

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
4x4x4
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
4x4x4

Number of posts : 86
Rig : 2009 JK Unlimited
Registration date : 2009-07-06

Aussie Locker in JK Empty
PostSubject: Aussie Locker in JK   Aussie Locker in JK Icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct 2009, 6:33 pm

Got home last night and jumped on the front end. Pulled everything apart and stuck it back together in 3 hours and 20 minutes. I had a little trouble getting the rolling pin out. You need a long thin 3/16 punch to get that sucker out. Luckily I had a punch that spent some time on the grinder so we worked it out.
Took the Jeep out today after some crazy hard rain last night. I took it to the river area and tested the front locker. Yes! Yes! Yes! love this locker! Aussie Locker in JK Icon_biggrin I had the same one on my last Jeep so it feels good to get back to that kind of go anywhere traction. It will make you braver than you need to be so I better look at that winch a little harder on my mod list. My plan is to do the OR-FAB sports cage next. I wish I could do a custom cage, but I just don't have the money or time to get one installed. The OR-FAB cage is really a nice upgrade over stock.

Orange line around the diff is all that you can see. The smile it gives you on the trail is worth every penny!!!

Aussie Locker in JK Orangeline
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Aussie Locker in JK   Aussie Locker in JK Icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct 2009, 9:37 pm

Haven't see n the Or Fab
Back to top Go down
4x4x4
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
4x4x4

Number of posts : 86
Rig : 2009 JK Unlimited
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Aussie Locker in JK   Aussie Locker in JK Icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct 2009, 10:27 pm

terrahawk wrote:
Haven't see n the Or Fab

Here you go!

Aussie Locker in JK Or-fab2

Aussie Locker in JK OR-FAB-1
Back to top Go down
akonius
Got No Life
Got No Life
akonius

Number of posts : 845
Rig : '08 4dr JK
specs. : 2.5 BB w/9550's, XRC8 winch, 35"x18" Nittos and a bunch of other stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Aussie Locker in JK   Aussie Locker in JK Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 12:33 am

Hmmm...I was checking out the Rock Hard Sport Cage but the ORFAB looks more solid for sure! The Rock Hard is just bolt on tubes where the ORFAB looks like an actual cage on the front...something that would help you in a roll. I didn't see it on the ORFAB website...what's the pricing looking like for this? Also, do you have to weld it all together?

Here's the Rock Hard Sport Cage in comparison:

Aussie Locker in JK DSC07665

Aussie Locker in JK DSC07658

Aussie Locker in JK DSC07649

Aussie Locker in JK DSC07653

Aussie Locker in JK DSC07662

Aussie Locker in JK DSC07644
Back to top Go down
http://www.akonius.com
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Number of posts : 2929
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Aussie Locker in JK   Aussie Locker in JK Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 12:47 am

Yes the ORFab looks better but.............

I wouldn't trust any cage that came in a box I want my crap welded in with the right triangulation.....but that's just me I have the will to live and also want my passengers to live as well.

I know for sure neither would hold up in a 50mph street roll.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockrash4x4.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aussie Locker in JK   Aussie Locker in JK Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aussie Locker in JK
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: JEEP TECH :: Modified Tech-
Jump to: