MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

They are finally doing a recall for automatics!

Go down 
+3
potlickinpirate
jeeperjennie
N2rock
7 posters
AuthorMessage
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

They are finally doing a recall for automatics! Empty
PostSubject: They are finally doing a recall for automatics!   They are finally doing a recall for automatics! Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 6:38 pm

Vehicle Make / Model: Model Year(s):
JEEP / WRANGLER 2007-2008
Manufacturer: CHRYSLER LLC Mfr's Report Date: NOV 03, 2009
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 09V436000 NHTSA Action Number: PE09037
Component: POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
Potential Number of Units Affected: 161450
Summary:
CHRYSLER IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2007 THROUGH 2008 JEEP WRANGLER MANUFACTURE BETWEEN JUNE 2006 THROUGH JULY 2008 PASSENGER VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION. THESE VEHICLES WERE NOT EQUIPPED WITH A TRANSMISSION FLUID TEMPERATURE WARNING SYSTEM.
Consequence:
FLUID COULD BOIL OVER AND MAY COME INTO CONTACT WITH A HOT ENGINE OR EXHAUST COMPONENT AND CAUSE A FIRE.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL INSPECT AND INSTALL A "HOTOIL" MESSAGE IN THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER AND A CHIME INDICATING AN ELEVATED TRANSMISSION FLUID CONDITION. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING DECEMBER 2009. OWNERS MAY CONTACT CHRYSLER AT 1-800-835-1403.
Notes:
CHRYSLER RECALL NO. J30. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Number of posts : 2929
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: They are finally doing a recall for automatics!   They are finally doing a recall for automatics! Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 7:00 pm

All they are doing is adding a dummy light, it will WARN you that your shit is about to burn down to the ground. LOL

Way to Go Jeep! Don't fix the problem just warn people about it.

I guess on the + side you will be able to save your TomTom and your tools before it burns to the ground.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockrash4x4.com
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

PostSubject: Re: They are finally doing a recall for automatics!   They are finally doing a recall for automatics! Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 7:06 pm

yep- they are not fixing the problem... But I WILL get the dummy light.

You know how often I leave my Jeep running out on the trails, when I'm not even in sitting in it? You know- when I'm watching Geo and Jody break their junk... Well if the single chime occured while I was out of the Jeep, I wouldn't even know it. At least with a dummy light I know to tell Shannon & the kids to get out (or stay out), and the rest of you have time to get your junk away from my bomb
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

PostSubject: Re: They are finally doing a recall for automatics!   They are finally doing a recall for automatics! Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 8:10 pm

LOL Your Bomb now that's funny!
Back to top Go down
potlickinpirate
Got No Life
Got No Life
potlickinpirate

Number of posts : 898
Rig : 73 cj5
specs. : lined the whole thing
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: They are finally doing a recall for automatics!   They are finally doing a recall for automatics! Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 8:35 pm

Wow maybe time for the trans cooler/ ps cooler mod we did on Bigt's rig. We also put a drain plug in the trans pan. That is a perfect place for a temp sender. won't help if you are out of the rig...but at least you can monitor it. Also, the cooler is not in the loop in park...so if you can leave it in neutral so it will work. You guys probably already know about this....I'm just trying to help.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: They are finally doing a recall for automatics!   They are finally doing a recall for automatics! Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 8:36 pm

I will have them check my blinker fluid while its there....
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

PostSubject: Re: They are finally doing a recall for automatics!   They are finally doing a recall for automatics! Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 8:41 pm

yep G says he's gonna put a trans cooler in his. I'm kinda glad mines a sick, and not a bomb. LMAO
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: They are finally doing a recall for automatics!   They are finally doing a recall for automatics! Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 9:17 pm

They ought to put a tea pot whistle on there, it would work better lol.
Back to top Go down
SASQUATCH
Poster child
Poster child

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: They are finally doing a recall for automatics!   They are finally doing a recall for automatics! Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 10:30 pm

N2rock wrote:

You know how often I leave my Jeep running out on the trails, when I'm not even in sitting in it? You know- when I'm watching Geo and Jody break their junk... Well if the single chime occured while I was out of the Jeep, I wouldn't even know it. At least with a dummy light I know to tell Shannon & the kids to get out (or stay out), and the rest of you have time to get your junk away from my bomb

Yeah I told Holly about it, such bullshit IMO, freaking dummy light and no cooler, makes no sense. I guess a cooler install would not be too hard really.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

PostSubject: Re: They are finally doing a recall for automatics!   They are finally doing a recall for automatics! Icon_minitimeWed 18 Nov 2009, 9:07 am

SASQUATCH wrote:
N2rock wrote:

Yeah I told Holly about it, such bullshit IMO, freaking dummy light and no cooler, makes no sense. I guess a cooler install would not be too hard really.

actually they do have a cooler- in front of the radiator. But it is too small.
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Hutch

Number of posts : 524
Rig : Black '07 Unlimited X
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: They are finally doing a recall for automatics!   They are finally doing a recall for automatics! Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 10:36 pm

N2rock wrote:

Sometimes he doesnt even put it in park. They are finally doing a recall for automatics! 146371
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

PostSubject: Re: They are finally doing a recall for automatics!   They are finally doing a recall for automatics! Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 10:51 pm

Hutch wrote:

Sometimes he doesnt even put it in park. They are finally doing a recall for automatics! 146371

Yep and then Shannon and Hunter have to move quickly and stop his bomb from running into someone elses bomb!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They are finally doing a recall for automatics!   They are finally doing a recall for automatics! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

They are finally doing a recall for automatics!
Page 1 of 1