MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Upol raptor bedlining

Go down 
+8
Mr.RonGilbert
jeff.lyon3
Deacon
Rockintjak
Renee10
Uup4it
xxXJohnny
potlickinpirate
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
potlickinpirate
Got No Life
Got No Life
potlickinpirate

Number of posts : 898
Rig : 73 cj5
specs. : lined the whole thing
Registration date : 2009-09-04

Upol raptor bedlining Empty
PostSubject: Upol raptor bedlining   Upol raptor bedlining Icon_minitimeThu 04 Mar 2010, 8:17 pm

Here is before... notice the gap on my "new" top I am gonna dabble in fiberglass repair during the summer

Upol raptor bedlining IMG_0006

This is after, the pictures don't really do it justice but thats what I've got

Upol raptor bedlining 038

This is the material I used

Upol raptor bedlining 009
Back to top Go down
potlickinpirate
Got No Life
Got No Life
potlickinpirate

PostSubject: Re: Upol raptor bedlining   Upol raptor bedlining Icon_minitimeThu 04 Mar 2010, 8:29 pm

Here are some "texture shots" This material gets hard, not spongy and is UV protected so it shouldn't fade...

Upol raptor bedlining IMG_0021

Upol raptor bedlining 036

Thanks for all the help Stacy, Ray, and my fellow potlicker Jerry

Upol raptor bedlining IMG_0011

Upol raptor bedlining IMG_0025
Back to top Go down
xxXJohnny
Got No Life
Got No Life
xxXJohnny

Number of posts : 1052
Rig : 2010 Challenger
specs. : Nemesis package
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Upol raptor bedlining   Upol raptor bedlining Icon_minitimeThu 04 Mar 2010, 8:33 pm

Haven't seen that kit yet where did u find that and did it turn out thick or thin that rattle can job I did turned out thin but I thinlk it looks good
Back to top Go down
Uup4it
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Uup4it

Number of posts : 758
Rig : 07 2 door X Flamer 6 spd
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Upol raptor bedlining   Upol raptor bedlining Icon_minitimeThu 04 Mar 2010, 8:45 pm

Mr. El Cucuy wrote:
Haven't seen that kit yet where did u find that and did it turn out thick or thin that rattle can job I did turned out thin but I thinlk it looks good

I was quite surprised at the thickness/tough texture of this stuff. The rattle bed liner looks fine, but this is definitely mucho better stuff. This is actually just like my line-xd interior, but at a FRACTION of the cost!

And I do agree with Randy, the pics do not do it justice!

You are welcome Randy, it was my pleasure. Had a great all around day!
Back to top Go down
potlickinpirate
Got No Life
Got No Life
potlickinpirate

PostSubject: Re: Upol raptor bedlining   Upol raptor bedlining Icon_minitimeThu 04 Mar 2010, 8:46 pm

You fellas that want this done we will work it out.... the price will reflect the amount of labor I don't have to do.

Bribes will be accepted as always......(Lonestar Light)

I'm still concidering the zebra stripes.... but it is pretty cool black...

It came from a paint & body supply house there are some threads on Jeep forum.com that showed better prices if you order it. I like to be able to pick it right off the shelf and paid a little more for that.
You put it on in coats so we can make it as thick as you want it. This stuff is also available in a tintable form so we can do Sascha's rainbow..... jk

Upol raptor bedlining Icon_pirat
Back to top Go down
Uup4it
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Uup4it

PostSubject: Re: Upol raptor bedlining   Upol raptor bedlining Icon_minitimeThu 04 Mar 2010, 8:49 pm

I would leave off the stripes..................it looks too good like it is. .02

I'd like to redo just the back area of my interior tub, it has faded and it does not look as shiny as Randys!
Back to top Go down
potlickinpirate
Got No Life
Got No Life
potlickinpirate

PostSubject: Re: Upol raptor bedlining   Upol raptor bedlining Icon_minitimeThu 04 Mar 2010, 8:53 pm

Thats what she said!
Back to top Go down
Uup4it
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Uup4it

PostSubject: Re: Upol raptor bedlining   Upol raptor bedlining Icon_minitimeThu 04 Mar 2010, 9:18 pm

potlickinpirate wrote:
Thats what she said!

That's not what I heard Upol raptor bedlining Icon_geek.............................hijack, over & out
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Number of posts : 2515
Rig : 2007 Stone White 2-Door
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Upol raptor bedlining   Upol raptor bedlining Icon_minitimeThu 04 Mar 2010, 10:34 pm

I like it, looks good!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeep-nation.com
Rockintjak
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
Rockintjak

Number of posts : 119
Rig : '06 Rubicon
specs. : A few thing done to it.
Registration date : 2009-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Upol raptor bedlining   Upol raptor bedlining Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 12:09 am

Looks good. That's the same stuff I lined my tub with and my rear tire carrier. Really good stuff and cheap. There's a place in downtown San Antonio, I forgot the name right now, but they have it in stock and if I remember right, it was about the same price as online. I've had my tub lined for maybe a year and when I scrub it down, it still looks like new. Prep is everything with this stuff though and DON'T get it on your clothes! I've been thinking about doing my exterior with it too.
Back to top Go down
Uup4it
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Uup4it

PostSubject: Re: Upol raptor bedlining   Upol raptor bedlining Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 12:17 am

Repeat, DON'T get it on your clothes, got it on my dang jeans, and it's permanent on them as well. Upol raptor bedlining Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Upol raptor bedlining   Upol raptor bedlining Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2010, 1:13 am

I've got the same kit, actually. I just haven't applied it yet.

Rockintjak, how has it held up for you? No chipping or flaking or anything, including if it's had something heavy and metal dropped on it? When it gets dirty, can you just hose it and wipe it down, or does mud and dirt get trapped in the texture?
Back to top Go down
Rockintjak
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
Rockintjak

Number of posts : 119
Rig : '06 Rubicon
specs. : A few thing done to it.
Registration date : 2009-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Upol raptor bedlining   Upol raptor bedlining Icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 12:03 pm

Deacon wrote:
I've got the same kit, actually. I just haven't applied it yet.

Rockintjak, how has it held up for you? No chipping or flaking or anything, including if it's had something heavy and metal dropped on it? When it gets dirty, can you just hose it and wipe it down, or does mud and dirt get trapped in the texture?

It's held up good for me so far. Prep is everything though. If you don't prep the area, it will flake off. But if you take your time and prep it, and wash it real good, it will hold up to a lot of abuse. It will however gouge if you have a sharp heavy object stabbed into it (what wouldn't?), but it won't flake. I have a few small scrapes in mine but their from my front seats going in and out and the corners of the seat brackets hitting the liner, but you can't even see them.

For cleaning, I pull out everything and scrub it all down with a plastic bristled brush and it looks like I just sprayed it on. No dirt gets trapped.

Also, watch for overspray. I thought I had my jeep covered good, but afterwards, I have a gritty feel to my hood's paint. Upol raptor bedlining Icon_lol

Oh, and it's Gladwin Paint Company, in downtown, has the stuff in stock.
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Number of posts : 2295
Rig : 07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Upol raptor bedlining   Upol raptor bedlining Icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 12:20 pm

Hey Randy,

I've been wanting to do the inside of mine.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Upol raptor bedlining   Upol raptor bedlining Icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 12:58 pm

That looks real good!

How far does one "box" go? I want to do my tub.

Also - what else do you need to get the job done? (besides beer, I have that covered)
Back to top Go down
Uup4it
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Uup4it

PostSubject: Re: Upol raptor bedlining   Upol raptor bedlining Icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 1:33 pm

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
That looks real good!

How far does one "box" go? I want to do my tub.

Also - what else do you need to get the job done? (besides beer, I have that covered)

I believe the kit comes with 4 bottles, after applying his first coat, he still had two containers of the liner left. Don't know the size of the containers, but he was able to apply a second coat.

Sand paper, people to help use sandpaper, and a sander. Also after we sanded it, Randy had me wipe the jeep down with some kinda of thinner that gave me a nice little buz, he said it get's all the finger prints, etc. off the jeep. I'm sure Randy will chime in with the details.
Back to top Go down
potlickinpirate
Got No Life
Got No Life
potlickinpirate

PostSubject: Re: Upol raptor bedlining   Upol raptor bedlining Icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 10:53 pm

Stacy is right on the money. 1 kit is 4qts + hardner $130 at Gladwin paint on Broadway. If there is any bare metal, it needs to be covered with an etching primer so the material has something to grab onto. I have air, a d/a sander, and the gun to spray with. A kit should be more than enough to do your tub. If you put more coats it gets thicker and thicker, so if you use all 4 qts it would be very durable.

I am very pleased with mine! Can't wait to induce a new batch of Jeep envy!

I am into this $200 and a big pot-o-chili (this includes primer, sand paper,tape, etc.)

If you want to have the tintable version it is a little higher.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Upol raptor bedlining   Upol raptor bedlining Icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 11:06 pm

Black with black accents is just what I am after. They want $800 at the line X place and that is with me taking everything except for the drivers seat out. I told them to sit on a pineapple.

I wonder how thick it would have to be under the drivers side foot well to keep some of that heat away.... might be a losing battle. It's nice during our three weeks of "winter"....
Back to top Go down
potlickinpirate
Got No Life
Got No Life
potlickinpirate

PostSubject: Re: Upol raptor bedlining   Upol raptor bedlining Icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 11:19 pm

I have a dually with a 454 that had that problem. I wrapped the exhaust with header wrap... made a big difference. That stuff is relatively cheap (summit racing).
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Upol raptor bedlining   Upol raptor bedlining Icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 11:33 pm

Good idea!
Back to top Go down
DangerMouse
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
DangerMouse

Number of posts : 666
Rig : 2005 Jeep Wrangler Willys Edition
specs. : Pro Comp lift, soft 8 wheels, 33x13.5x15 Nitto Mud Grapplers
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Upol raptor bedlining   Upol raptor bedlining Icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 11:59 pm

I'd spray the underside of the floor with some LizardSkin. A friend of mine did that to his Camaro SS when he made it a dragstrip racer only so out came the carpet and insulation. It's a bit exspensive but worth it.
Back to top Go down
Jeepbronco1
Poster child
Poster child
Jeepbronco1

Number of posts : 281
Rig : 07 unlimited rescue green X
specs. : 3.25 rc lift .37s on 17's .... lots of homebuilt parts!
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Upol raptor bedlining   Upol raptor bedlining Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 12:03 pm

hey potlicker! hows this stuff holding up??? Im about to pull the trigger and buy some to bed line my hard top. Would you still recommend it. got any pictures or new recommendations ? Thanks

Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Upol raptor bedlining   Upol raptor bedlining Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 1:58 pm

Hey, Brian. I'd love to see the finished product when your done. This is a modification I have been pondering for a while. There is nothing better than seeing it done.
Back to top Go down
potlickinpirate
Got No Life
Got No Life
potlickinpirate

PostSubject: Re: Upol raptor bedlining   Upol raptor bedlining Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 6:50 pm

My rig has held up really well. It has been outside since I did it and it looks like the day I lined it. The Raptor has a UV "sheild" and it appears to work very well. I have missed placed my camera, but I will post some current pictures.
Back to top Go down
Bizarro
Golden Child
Bizarro

Number of posts : 614
Rig : Yellow '08 JK 4 door
specs. : 3" Teraflex lift, 35x12.5x17 KM2
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Upol raptor bedlining   Upol raptor bedlining Icon_minitimeThu 03 Mar 2011, 12:39 pm

Would you recommend it for a front bumper? I know the local linex shops can touch up any scratches but I haven't priced those out yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upol raptor bedlining   Upol raptor bedlining Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upol raptor bedlining
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: JEEP TECH :: Write-up's & How-to's-
Jump to: