MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio

Go down 
+9
Uup4it
Renee10
TxRubiRig
littleredrubicon
Dutchboy101
Deacon
jeff.lyon3
xxXJohnny
Mr.RonGilbert
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

Number of posts : 3197
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio   Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio Icon_minitimeSun 29 May 2011, 9:28 pm

Yeah....think this ones goin in the graveyard, LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruzcreation.com
rdhrd4
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
rdhrd4

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio   Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2011, 8:44 am

holy old thread revival batman!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
johnsonkid

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio   Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2011, 10:23 pm

-
Hey Johnny, I am going to Sasha's in the morning anyway to do his break lines. I am up and he will probably be up for a recovery. LMK
Back to top Go down
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

Number of posts : 2345
Rig : 2007 sahara unlimted
specs. : 5.5 rockkrawler mid arm with 39's rancho rear bumper pure jeep front bumper dana 44 front axle, no carpet and a funny dusty smell
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio   Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio Icon_minitimeWed 12 May 2010, 2:29 pm

my garage is always open
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio   Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio Icon_minitimeMon 10 May 2010, 9:06 pm

I am available to help on Thursday
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Number of posts : 2295
Rig : 07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio   Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio Icon_minitimeMon 10 May 2010, 8:36 pm

Looks like all he will need is a driver side stubby and a u-joint to fix the axle. I bet we could get some folks together and install it for him. I am off Thursday if he wants to do it then. Will save some $$$$ on labor.

Let me know. Jonathon's house is real close and I bet we could do it there.

Also need to replace the driver side steering links. (Charlie, that was just a temporary fix to get you out of the woods )

rdhrd4 wrote:
hey i want to thank everyone who helped out here... a few of you know the story with my jeep and how i no longer have one... but i am so glad i decided to hang around the forums, im extremely impressed with the comradery (sp) around here...

so i guess i should fill you all in (Ron) on how this story played out involving me...

was in beeville with my girlfriend, she gets a text from one of her sergeants (charlies wife Isis) "know anyone with a 200 foot winch?"

knowing i was part in the forums she asked me... jumped on MJ and posted up for some help, as i was about to enter "the dead zone"... big thanks to RG for posting up here and being a middle man for all the forums...

also it sucks to hear that its more than a tie rod, Isis asked me how much a tie rod would be because she was worried that repairs may cost her their up-coming vacation... i told her less than $100 for an aftermarket... so hopefully all goes well with repairs... good luck to all and huge thanks to all who helped out!!!
Back to top Go down
rdhrd4
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
rdhrd4

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio   Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio Icon_minitimeMon 10 May 2010, 8:55 am

hey i want to thank everyone who helped out here... a few of you know the story with my jeep and how i no longer have one... but i am so glad i decided to hang around the forums, im extremely impressed with the comradery (sp) around here...

so i guess i should fill you all in (Ron) on how this story played out involving me...

was in beeville with my girlfriend, she gets a text from one of her sergeants (charlies wife Isis) "know anyone with a 200 foot winch?"

knowing i was part in the forums she asked me... jumped on MJ and posted up for some help, as i was about to enter "the dead zone"... big thanks to RG for posting up here and being a middle man for all the forums...

also it sucks to hear that its more than a tie rod, Isis asked me how much a tie rod would be because she was worried that repairs may cost her their up-coming vacation... i told her less than $100 for an aftermarket... so hopefully all goes well with repairs... good luck to all and huge thanks to all who helped out!!!
Back to top Go down
Uup4it
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Uup4it

Number of posts : 758
Rig : 07 2 door X Flamer 6 spd
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio   Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 10:20 pm

Excellent job ladies and gentlemen! Pretty impressive group of kids we hang around, huh?
Back to top Go down
xxXJohnny
Got No Life
Got No Life
xxXJohnny

Number of posts : 1052
Rig : 2010 Challenger
specs. : Nemesis package
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio   Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 8:21 pm

Sorry bobby I didn't know you were there thank you to
BOBBEEEEEEE
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Number of posts : 2515
Rig : 2007 Stone White 2-Door
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio   Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 8:08 pm

Bobby was there too!

Jeff came over and he took the tie rod off Marshall's old axle, after we got to Charlies jeep Jeff and Bobby put it on and we got him out of the woods. When Charlie was backing up I noticed the U-joint on the front left wheel was broke, anyway we got him to the street and he called a tow truck so they could take it to the shop to get it fixed, this is a DD so needed it up and running soon.

Happy to help
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeep-nation.com
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Number of posts : 2295
Rig : 07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio   Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 8:04 pm

If you look real close you might be able to see that he also blew the u-joint and his outer axle is trashed. Limped him out of the woods though.

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
Got an update that Johnny had been contacted and that he was going to bring a tie rod to help the stuck Jeeper get out of the woods.

Got a few pics from the owner.

Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio Jeepbroke2

Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio Jeepbroke1
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Number of posts : 2515
Rig : 2007 Stone White 2-Door
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio   Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 8:03 pm

Always happy to help a fellow jeeper and one of our military guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeep-nation.com
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio   Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 7:28 pm

Mr. El Cucuy wrote:
Well guys happy to report "mission accomplished" thanks to jeff , renee , and marshall not sure if sasha was in on the recovery mission
WAY TO GO GUYS

Well done guys, well done!
Back to top Go down
xxXJohnny
Got No Life
Got No Life
xxXJohnny

PostSubject: Re: Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio   Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 7:14 pm

Well guys happy to report "mission accomplished" thanks to jeff , renee , and marshall not sure if sasha was in on the recovery mission
WAY TO GO GUYS
Back to top Go down
littleredrubicon
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
littleredrubicon

Number of posts : 95
Rig : 04 Rubicon
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio   Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 4:49 pm

Okey dokey. Sounds like it is well in hand.
Back to top Go down
http://littleredrubicon.com
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio   Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 4:36 pm

Got an update that Johnny had been contacted and that he was going to bring a tie rod to help the stuck Jeeper get out of the woods.

Got a few pics from the owner.

Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio Jeepbroke2

Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio Jeepbroke1
Back to top Go down
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

Number of posts : 1278
Rig : black '07 Rubicon
specs. : 4.5" Long Arm, 35 KM2's
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio   Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 1:47 pm

...and just 1 of the many reasons I'm assoicated with this group!

good folk
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio   Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 12:09 pm

He has Johnny's number and last I heard Johnny has not been contacted today. I asked him to send J an update when I got up this morning and I have not heard back. Hopefully he figured it out and found some help and the lack of communication is due to cell coverage. If it were me asking for help and people are sitting on go I would go out of my way to update folks.
Back to top Go down
littleredrubicon
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
littleredrubicon

Number of posts : 95
Rig : 04 Rubicon
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio   Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 10:36 am

Is anyone in contact with this guy and do we know where he is at? I have a trailer but the rig is currently out of commission. Plus I'm up in CIbolo if he is up here running the creek.
Back to top Go down
http://littleredrubicon.com
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio   Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 9:47 am

Has anyone contacted you? Last night or this AM?
Back to top Go down
xxXJohnny
Got No Life
Got No Life
xxXJohnny

PostSubject: Re: Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio   Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 9:40 am

Will do boss I'm ready and waiting jeff sasha and myself are in stand by mode
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio   Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 9:28 am

I told them to contact Johnny and skip the middleman (me) who is on the east side of Houston. Just to speed up the communication.

Hope they take advantage of the help.

Let us know if it is a "go"
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio   Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 8:48 am

Always up for a recovery.
Let me know when and where.
I'll bring the DS
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio   Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 5:07 am

What woods, out of curiosity? Not much I can do here across the Atlantic, but I'm guessing the Cibolo Creek area, on the far northeast side up 35 almost to Selma?
Back to top Go down
xxXJohnny
Got No Life
Got No Life
xxXJohnny

PostSubject: Re: Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio   Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 12:17 am

U got it budy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio   Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jeeper needs help in the woods near San Antonio
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next