MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New jeep owner

Go down 
+2
Mr.RonGilbert
michealk
6 posters
AuthorMessage
michealk

Number of posts : 5
Rig : 2010 2 dr rubicon
Registration date : 2010-06-04

New jeep owner Empty
PostSubject: New jeep owner   New jeep owner Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 11:18 pm

This is my first Jeep a 2010 2 dr rubicon. I am wondering how much an after market rear bumper like the rockhard with tire carrier will affect the ride and balance of stock suspension.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

New jeep owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New jeep owner   New jeep owner Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 11:33 pm

Its quite a bit heavier.... a whole lot heavier than that POS stock bumper. It will squat the springs a little depending on what it is made of and what you hang off of it.

It is a trade off that is well worth it IMO - if you don't like the sag you can easily stuff some spacers in there to make up for it.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

New jeep owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New jeep owner   New jeep owner Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jun 2010, 8:30 am

it will likely be around .5"-.75" sag. That doesn't sound like much, but it is very noticeable. You can pick up a .75" spacer to compensate.
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
Uup4it
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Uup4it

Number of posts : 758
Rig : 07 2 door X Flamer 6 spd
Registration date : 2008-09-07

New jeep owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New jeep owner   New jeep owner Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jun 2010, 10:17 am

I did not notice a difference in handling, etc., but I do now have a reverse rake, (ass-drag). The weight of my bumper stole quite a bit of lift on my 2 door X, just so ya know.

Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
michealk

New jeep owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New jeep owner   New jeep owner Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jun 2010, 7:37 pm

I am also not commited to a rockhard bumper, I just want a solid nonrattling setup that will allow me to carry hilift jack and extra water as I live in desert.
Back to top Go down
michealk

New jeep owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New jeep owner   New jeep owner Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jun 2010, 7:40 pm

I thank you all for the welcome and info. I just want to set this jeep up right for what we like to do, which is alot of backcountry exploring and camping with some fun trail riding thrown in.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

New jeep owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New jeep owner   New jeep owner Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jun 2010, 7:54 pm

michealk wrote:
I am also not commited to a rockhard bumper, I just want a solid nonrattling setup that will allow me to carry hilift jack and extra water as I live in desert.

How about a Hi-Lift, two gas cans (or water cans) and an ice chest and some recovery equipment?
New jeep owner 042

Or just gas cans....
New jeep owner P7292087

Or just the rack....
New jeep owner P7292080

Or a set of 20mm Ammo cans....
New jeep owner PA242546

Or nothing at all...
New jeep owner P7292094
Back to top Go down
michealk

New jeep owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New jeep owner   New jeep owner Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jun 2010, 8:12 pm

I like the flexibility looks sturdy and able to take some trail abuse. Any rattle issues or is it a solid fit out of the box?
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

New jeep owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New jeep owner   New jeep owner Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jun 2010, 8:32 pm

Solid...... I added a piece of 1/4" felt where the swing out latch meets the bumper. After about a 9m it rattled a little and now not at all. I am very happy with it.

It is a Shrockworks
Back to top Go down
michealk

New jeep owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New jeep owner   New jeep owner Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jun 2010, 9:25 pm

Thanks will look into shrockworks. The bumper looks tough just right for a rubicon.
Back to top Go down
Divide_and_Conquer
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-06-05

New jeep owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New jeep owner   New jeep owner Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 12:21 am

nice
Back to top Go down
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

Number of posts : 2345
Rig : 2007 sahara unlimted
specs. : 5.5 rockkrawler mid arm with 39's rancho rear bumper pure jeep front bumper dana 44 front axle, no carpet and a funny dusty smell
Registration date : 2008-02-27

New jeep owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New jeep owner   New jeep owner Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 12:54 am

welcome to the forum
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New jeep owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New jeep owner   New jeep owner Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New jeep owner
Page 1 of 1