MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
r_unda
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
r_unda

Number of posts : 794
Rig : 1998 Jeep Wrangler
specs. : 2.5L-4 Cyl., 33x10.5 BFG's Mud tires, 2.5 in. lift springs, 1.25 in. BL, 1 in. MML, 4.88 Gears, Front Powertrax No-Slip, Rear E-Locker, Chromoly axle shafts, SYE, Tera Low & 2Low, UCF Tummy Tuck, etc
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party Empty
PostSubject: Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party   Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 10:39 am

Guys I need to replace a leaking front axle seal in my wrangler and since to replace it I need pretty much to take everything apart I decided to buy in addition to the inner seal a POWETRAX no-slip locker, new ball joints, new axle u-joints, outer axle seals. And since I was buying u-joint I also bought the drive shafts u-joints. Oh and since all my steering joint boots are busted I will be getting roadkill’s LJ stock steering components (tie rods, ends and drag links) that he upgraded when the LJ had 500 miles so they are like new.

I was thinking having an install party on Saturday October 16th. It could be at my house but if you have a garage with better tools I think it would be best if we do the install at your place but I should have all the required tools.

If the 16th doesn’t work suggest a date after the 15th since I will be busy the first half of the month.

Let me know!

Last edited by r_unda on Wed 29 Sep 2010, 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected the date.)
Back to top Go down
roadkill
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
roadkill

Number of posts : 97
Rig : 06 LJ Rubi
specs. : small lift, overline fenders and 35s
Registration date : 2010-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party   Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 4:25 pm

I'm gonna try and make it. do you have an air compressor and air tools? also you have to remove the carrier to do the axle seals on the D30. do you have a case spreader just in case its a tight fit?
Back to top Go down
r_unda
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
r_unda

specs. : 2.5L-4 Cyl., 33x10.5 BFG's Mud tires, 2.5 in. lift springs, 1.25 in. BL, 1 in. MML, 4.88 Gears, Front Powertrax No-Slip, Rear E-Locker, Chromoly axle shafts, SYE, Tera Low & 2Low, UCF Tummy Tuck, etc

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party   Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 4:48 pm

Cool. I have an HF electric impact gun but I do not have a case spreader. Don’t really think I need one based on the instructions I have read.
Back to top Go down
r_unda
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
r_unda

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party   Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party Icon_minitimeMon 04 Oct 2010, 11:48 am

So far I have a maybe! come on Gulf Coast Chapter!
Back to top Go down
GULF COAST PIRATE
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
GULF COAST PIRATE

Number of posts : 697
Rig : 2010 JK unlimited
specs. : changing daily...
Registration date : 2009-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party   Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party Icon_minitimeMon 04 Oct 2010, 2:57 pm

Sorry, been absent lately...

I should be down to work on the 16th. Wheeling on the 17th?
Back to top Go down
r_unda
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
r_unda

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party   Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party Icon_minitimeMon 04 Oct 2010, 3:57 pm

GULF COAST PIRATE wrote:

... Wheeling on the 17th?

Sure! Where at?
Back to top Go down
r_unda
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
r_unda

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party   Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 10:50 am

Bump!
Back to top Go down
gilly_as
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
gilly_as

Number of posts : 191
Rig : 07 JK
specs. : Not enough
Registration date : 2010-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party   Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 12:37 pm

Sorry i posted on the wrong thread. i'm looking at the 30th for an install my self but i'm good to help on the 16th or 17th. i've got some tools and a small jack and stands they might come in handy. just let me know where. i have a 4" procomp lift, Hella 500 blackout lights, steering stab and superchips programmer on the way.
Back to top Go down
r_unda
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
r_unda

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party   Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 9:18 am

gilly_as wrote:
Sorry i posted on the wrong thread. i'm looking at the 30th for an install my self but i'm good to help on the 16th or 17th. i've got some tools and a small jack and stands they might come in handy. just let me know where. i have a 4" procomp lift, Hella 500 blackout lights, steering stab and superchips programmer on the way.

My install is the 16th. Hope you can make it. I should be able to make it on the 30th. I have the spring compressor tool and some other tools that you can use; you might need it for the lift.
Back to top Go down
r_unda
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
r_unda

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party   Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 9:21 am

Guys I will start working on the jeep around 9:00-10:00am next saturday the 16th. Let me know if you are going to make it.

Thanks,
Raul
Back to top Go down
gilly_as
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
gilly_as

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party   Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party Icon_minitimeWed 13 Oct 2010, 10:44 pm

I'm in
Back to top Go down
r_unda
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
r_unda

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party   Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party Icon_minitimeThu 14 Oct 2010, 8:51 am

gilly_as wrote:
I'm in

Cool. Will pm you my address and cell#
Back to top Go down
roadkill
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
roadkill

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party   Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct 2010, 10:01 am

i'll able to help for a few hours. pm or text me your addy
Back to top Go down
r_unda
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
r_unda

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party   Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 7:19 pm

I want to thanks roadkill and gilly_as for helping me with the install on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
GULF COAST PIRATE
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
GULF COAST PIRATE

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party   Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 9:02 pm

sorry i couldnt make it. work called and i was
Back to top Go down
GULF COAST PIRATE
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
GULF COAST PIRATE

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party   Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 9:03 pm

sorry i couldnt make it. work called and i was out at the plant most of the day.
Back to top Go down
r_unda
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
r_unda

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party   Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 8:33 am

GULF COAST PIRATE wrote:
sorry i couldnt make it. work called and i was out at the plant most of the day.

I know how that is. No problem man! See you soon!
Back to top Go down
roadkill
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
roadkill

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party   Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 11:35 am

I enjoyed it; sorry I couldn't stay longer. I think I left my pry bar behind. any luck with that locker? when you get a new stub shaft if you need help with the ujoint let me know.
Back to top Go down
r_unda
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
r_unda

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party   Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 12:11 pm

roadkill wrote:
I enjoyed it; sorry I couldn't stay longer. I think I left my pry bar behind. any luck with that locker? when you get a new stub shaft if you need help with the ujoint let me know.

No problem man, you helped me a lot. Well both of you did.

Yes you left the bar but it was a good thing because I actually ended up using it again.
We spent like 30 more minutes trying to get that locker in there, at the end the reason that we couldn’t get it in was that there was still a shim on one side of the carrier. It was frustrating but funny.

I bought a Nitro Chromoly axle shaft (your fault, you twisted my arm talking about CrMo axles). I got a good deal at jeepforum.com, it suppose to come assemble already; it was part of the deal. I also got an used replacement outer shaft on ebay really cheap, I am going to keep it as a trail spare.

Ohh and good thing we didn’t removed the ball joints, it turns out that they weren’t in the box, I never received them. Glad they were still good. I got my money back.

I do need help replacing the driveshafts u-joints. Let me know when you can help me with that if you want.
Back to top Go down
gilly_as
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
gilly_as

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party   Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party Icon_minitimeSat 23 Oct 2010, 12:11 am

I'm going to post a new thread for it but figured i'd go ahead and post it here anyway. the install party is a go for the 30th i ordered the lift kit yesturday. it will be here next week either wed or thurs. I went with the 2.5" kit the 4" kit was out of my budget when i add up all the other parts. but i will be replacing my ball joints along with the lift.
Back to top Go down
r_unda
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
r_unda

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party   Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party Icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct 2010, 9:21 pm

Finally got to drive the jeep today. Everything is working good and I am impress with how quiet the powertrax no-slip is. Anyways thanks again for the help guys!
Back to top Go down
beachedjeepyj
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
beachedjeepyj

Number of posts : 33
Rig : 88 wrangler
Registration date : 2010-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party   Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party Icon_minitimeWed 27 Oct 2010, 10:52 pm

Hey everyone sorry to barge in randomly, my friend created a facebook group for Gulf Coast Jeep Owners and he asked me to try to get some people to join. Right now its just a few college and high school kids. Feel free to join if you want, the group is in its early stages so not a whole lot is going on.

Quote :
Quote:
Hi, I am Daniel, I created the Gulf Coast Jeep Owners Club. My hope is to have a big group of Jeep owners/enthusiasts who are friendly, wanting to learn, share news, stories,experiences, have a good time and meet new people who share the same interests. If you love your Jeep and enjoy socializing this is the group to be in. Enjoy!

This is a club that is just getting started, a club that wishes to share experiences, knowledge, and interests of the people who are members. Hoping that we can set up a time and place for meets on weekends at a local restaurant. Have some good food and afterwards enjoy showing off eachothers jeeps and as I stated earlier share knowledge, get to know one another, share experiences, inspire others,and just have a good time. This is something everyone can enjoy but remember act your age, be polite, and boys always be a gentleman. Although do NOT get mislead Jeeps are not the only subject anything can be discussed, a fishing trip, hunting trip, bad *** day at the beach or on vacation, anything as long as you are a Jeep Owner you are welcome to share whats on your mind but remember to think ethicaly before sharing, nothing offensive please.

The email everyone who joins will have is JeepOwners@groups.facebook.com

Thank you for everyones support to help get this started.
That about sums up the description for now... lets get this goin!!

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/home.php?sk=group_171096429572502&ap=1

Back to top Go down
r_unda
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
r_unda

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party   Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party Icon_minitimeThu 28 Oct 2010, 12:04 am

beachedjeepyj wrote:
Hey everyone sorry to barge in randomly, my friend created a facebook group for Gulf Coast Jeep Owners and he asked me to try to get some people to join. Right now its just a few college and high school kids. Feel free to join if you want, the group is in its early stages so not a whole lot is going on.

Quote :
Quote:
Hi, I am Daniel, I created the Gulf Coast Jeep Owners Club. My hope is to have a big group of Jeep owners/enthusiasts who are friendly, wanting to learn, share news, stories,experiences, have a good time and meet new people who share the same interests. If you love your Jeep and enjoy socializing this is the group to be in. Enjoy!

This is a club that is just getting started, a club that wishes to share experiences, knowledge, and interests of the people who are members. Hoping that we can set up a time and place for meets on weekends at a local restaurant. Have some good food and afterwards enjoy showing off eachothers jeeps and as I stated earlier share knowledge, get to know one another, share experiences, inspire others,and just have a good time. This is something everyone can enjoy but remember act your age, be polite, and boys always be a gentleman. Although do NOT get mislead Jeeps are not the only subject anything can be discussed, a fishing trip, hunting trip, bad *** day at the beach or on vacation, anything as long as you are a Jeep Owner you are welcome to share whats on your mind but remember to think ethicaly before sharing, nothing offensive please.

The email everyone who joins will have is JeepOwners@groups.facebook.com

Thank you for everyones support to help get this started.
That about sums up the description for now... lets get this goin!!

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/home.php?sk=group_171096429572502&ap=1

Good idea but why not just join Jeep Nation? JN it's already a big group with great members with lots of knowledge and experience. JN has a chapter in Corpus Christi. We basically have the same idea and goals as your friend’s FB group. Anyways I will join your facebook group, maybe we can organize something together.
Back to top Go down
beachedjeepyj
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
beachedjeepyj

Number of posts : 33
Rig : 88 wrangler
Registration date : 2010-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party   Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party Icon_minitimeThu 28 Oct 2010, 1:48 am

Thanks for helping out r_unda. I see the FB group as becoming an outlet for directing new members to JN, my friend already began posting links to the site.

I am not in corpus as of now, i am currently at school in Austin but am going to transfer next semester. So i wont be able to participate in anything until December but ill keep an eye out on this site and whats going down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party   Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gulf Coast Chapter – October meeting/Install party
Page 1 of 1