MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Re-gearing Gurus Assemble

Go down 
+13
potlickinpirate
ccedwin
Chris
mb817
HerJK-X
Ben
jeff.lyon3
outcast
lonestar rubi
Constantine
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
jkx0778
Hook-Em
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
HerJK-X
Poster child
Poster child
HerJK-X

Number of posts : 288
Rig : 2008 JK Unlimited X
Registration date : 2010-07-27

Re-gearing Gurus Assemble - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-gearing Gurus Assemble   Re-gearing Gurus Assemble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 3:21 pm

Ah hell, just do it right the first time, save and buy a Dynatrac ProRock 44!!! Twisted Evil Muahahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Number of posts : 1202
Rig : 2007 JK unlimited Rubicon
specs. : It's over there}
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Re-gearing Gurus Assemble   Re-gearing Gurus Assemble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 3:23 pm

5:13's on a 44 with 35's is all you need.
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

PostSubject: Re: Re-gearing Gurus Assemble   Re-gearing Gurus Assemble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 3:25 pm

Atomic!
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Re-gearing Gurus Assemble   Re-gearing Gurus Assemble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 4:05 pm

Bizarro wrote:
Hook-Em wrote:
Hemi_Tim aka thebigtman wrote:
IMHO, if you plan to stay with 35's, I would look for a take out D44 and use it. Sleeve and gusset at a minimum. There are several takeouts that hit the classifieds that already have a lot of the work done. You should be able to find one for about $2-2.3K

I don't think it's cost effective to build up the D30.

I hear what your saying. I'd hate to drop the $$ to re-gear the D30 only to frag it on the trail and then have to upgrade later. It makes sense to close my eyes and just do the D44 + re-gearing and not have to worry about it. That would cause a whole new dilemma though. Whether or not to go with 5.13's or go up to 5.38's.

Friggin' Jeeps, it's always something and it always involved more $$$. J.E.E.P.

ARrrrrrrg.... I hate you all! affraid
Maybe I should just buy a smart car.

Sweet! Then we'll all have something to climb on at the next event. I like where your mind is at, Bizarro! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

PostSubject: Re: Re-gearing Gurus Assemble   Re-gearing Gurus Assemble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 6:22 pm

I wouldn't climb a smart car, it might get stuck in your treads like a rock!
Back to top Go down
Bizarro
Golden Child
Bizarro

Number of posts : 614
Rig : Yellow '08 JK 4 door
specs. : 3" Teraflex lift, 35x12.5x17 KM2
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Re-gearing Gurus Assemble   Re-gearing Gurus Assemble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 8:43 pm

HerJK-X wrote:
Ah hell, just do it right the first time, save and buy a Dynatrac ProRock 44!!! Twisted Evil Muahahahahahahaha

When I was looking around for prices of sleeves/shafts or whatever I ran across that. I got all excited that I would just buy that for $1900 then I realized it wasn't complete and I still needed shafts and other stuff to complete it.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

Number of posts : 962
Rig : 1990 XJ Trigger
specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers
Registration date : 2010-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Re-gearing Gurus Assemble   Re-gearing Gurus Assemble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 9:38 pm

WTF weeeeee weeeeee weeeeeee
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

PostSubject: Re: Re-gearing Gurus Assemble   Re-gearing Gurus Assemble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 10:03 pm

Friking wierdo hah
Back to top Go down
potlickinpirate
Got No Life
Got No Life
potlickinpirate

Number of posts : 898
Rig : 73 cj5
specs. : lined the whole thing
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Re-gearing Gurus Assemble   Re-gearing Gurus Assemble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 10:10 pm

Hmmm, Smart Car with a pair of 44s, 37" Boggers, and maybe...........wait for it........

a diesel, Hmmmm
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI

PostSubject: Re: Re-gearing Gurus Assemble   Re-gearing Gurus Assemble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 10:09 am

Does the smart car even have a 37" wheelbase?
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Re-gearing Gurus Assemble   Re-gearing Gurus Assemble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 1:03 pm

Bizarro wrote:
HerJK-X wrote:

When I was looking around for prices of sleeves/shafts or whatever I ran across that. I got all excited that I would just buy that for $1900 then I realized it wasn't complete and I still needed shafts and other stuff to complete it.

I was quote right about $4500 shipped for the PR44.
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

PostSubject: Re: Re-gearing Gurus Assemble   Re-gearing Gurus Assemble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 5:21 pm

For $4500 I'll bet you get the shaft with it.

sportsmiley
Back to top Go down
Bizarro
Golden Child
Bizarro

Number of posts : 614
Rig : Yellow '08 JK 4 door
specs. : 3" Teraflex lift, 35x12.5x17 KM2
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Re-gearing Gurus Assemble   Re-gearing Gurus Assemble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 5:36 pm

Hook-Em wrote:
For $4500 I'll bet you get the shaft with it.

sportsmiley

Yea the 1900-ish is bare but was told $4500 for gears and lockers and shafts. very nice but waaaaaay out of my price range.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

Number of posts : 962
Rig : 1990 XJ Trigger
specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers
Registration date : 2010-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Re-gearing Gurus Assemble   Re-gearing Gurus Assemble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 6:43 pm

Ya you're getting the shaft alright! pirat
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

PostSubject: Re: Re-gearing Gurus Assemble   Re-gearing Gurus Assemble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 7:15 pm

I don't see a damn thing different from the pro rock and what is already under my rubi. It might have different alloys on the axel shafts or something, hell a set of sleeves and superior axels and I think I'm better off. I mean correct me if I'm wrong. The pics I saw on the web site aren't even high center housings.
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

PostSubject: Re: Re-gearing Gurus Assemble   Re-gearing Gurus Assemble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 7:55 pm

lonestar rubi wrote:
I don't see a damn thing different from the pro rock and what is already under my rubi. It might have different alloys on the axel shafts or something, hell a set of sleeves and superior axels and I think I'm better off. I mean correct me if I'm wrong. The pics I saw on the web site aren't even high center housings.

Look closer. For only $4500 they'll give you the axle and the "shaft". Mmmm-mmmm good. Thank you sir, may I have another. I think bizarro missed it, so this time I put it in quotation marks. Rolling Eyes

BTW. Thanks Chris for getting it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
testrat
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
testrat

Number of posts : 105
Rig : 2008 4Dr Rubicon Auto
specs. : Dick Cepeck Crusher Tires and Wheels, 5.38 Gears, Bomb Shell kit and C-gussets, Tom Woods 1350 drive shafts
Registration date : 2010-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Re-gearing Gurus Assemble   Re-gearing Gurus Assemble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 1:08 am

Hook-Em wrote:
I drove 70 mph, with cruise on and O/D on, along southbound 281, for about two miles before I took this pic. I kept expecting my tach to drop to around 1750, but nothing doing. All it did was hang out at 2000. That must be why I doubted the 3.73 axle ratio in the first place. If you look at the chart Paulie posted, for tires between 34" & 35" in diameter, and 3.73 gears, I should be running between 1730 & 1781. I'm plainly running higher than that.

I dunno, maybe I'm just having an Aggie moment or something.[/color]

I put 5.38's in my Jk (auto) - @ 70mph, I'm doin about 2200rpm in OD. About 3000rpm in 3rd. Tires are LT315/r70-17 Dick Cepeck (did I miss spell that?). Tires actually measure 33¼ish". But.... I have used the FlashPak to program the ECU for the 5.38's. I had to tweak the programming of the tire size to 33" to get the speedo reading to match a GPS. So, my thinking is the chart is off a bit. Just my wooden nickles worth... MPG is 12ish ±. But had to program for and run 91 octane - non e10 - gas. Am just now expermenting with some "Marine Medics" fuel treatment - ups the octane 3 points. So, right now - I have 89 octane treated, ECU set for 91 gas. Just filled up last weekend, so, don't have any exact info yet. The "dope" is 1 oz. to 12 gallons. So far, have got 14.6ish @ 75ish with a tail wind once. Over Drive Kinda works. Slight inclines sags the speed about 4 to 5 mpg before downshifts and runs WOT up to speed. Forget OD with a trailer.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

PostSubject: Re: Re-gearing Gurus Assemble   Re-gearing Gurus Assemble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 7:43 pm

lonestar rubi wrote:

If I had the $$, I would have pulled the trigger on it going from a D30 to a D44. but if you already have the 44, add a truss, gussets, & sleeves.

- HD inner C's (got my C-Gussets from teraflex ~$45.00 shipped)
- 3" OD x 1/2" tubes (who needs sleeves now? I made my own truss from 1/4" plate i got for free)
- Shaved diff for ground clearance (alleged)
- HD brackets (I got some poly perf LCA brackets. 1/4" ~ $55.00 shipped & made my own Johnny Joint UCA mt for ~$45)
- ARB 35 spline Locker
- 35 Spline RCV axle shafts

The last two are what made it hard for me not to go this route. They are nearly half the price of the complete axle.

Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

PostSubject: Re: Re-gearing Gurus Assemble   Re-gearing Gurus Assemble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 7:49 pm

jkx0778 wrote:
lonestar rubi wrote:

If I had the $$, I would have pulled the trigger on it going from a D30 to a D44. but if you already have the 44, add a truss, gussets, & sleeves.

- HD inner C's (got my C-Gussets from teraflex ~$45.00 shipped)
- 3" OD x 1/2" tubes (who needs sleeves now? I made my own truss from 1/4" plate i got for free)

- Shaved diff for ground clearance (alleged)
- HD brackets (I got some poly perf LCA brackets. 1/4" ~ $55.00 shipped & made my own Johnny Joint UCA mt for ~$45)
- ARB 35 spline Locker
- 35 Spline RCV axle shafts

The last two are what made it hard for me not to go this route. They are nearly half the price of the complete axle.

That's what I'm talking about!!!!!
Back to top Go down
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

Number of posts : 944
Rig : YJ/TJ, V8, tons
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Re-gearing Gurus Assemble   Re-gearing Gurus Assemble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 9:59 pm

The RCVs are the ticket!
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

PostSubject: Re: Re-gearing Gurus Assemble   Re-gearing Gurus Assemble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Dec 2010, 12:43 am

All of this makes me want to ask one question. What pants are all you guys wearing?
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

PostSubject: Re: Re-gearing Gurus Assemble   Re-gearing Gurus Assemble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Dec 2010, 7:08 am

Hook-Em wrote:
All of this makes me want to ask one question. What pants are all you guys wearing?

Suspect
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

PostSubject: Re: Re-gearing Gurus Assemble   Re-gearing Gurus Assemble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Dec 2010, 11:49 am

Hook-Em wrote:

scratch Uh, right now some black Dockers wrinkle free pleated slacks... why? lol!

" Do I make you horny, baby. Do I ?"

I'm wearing the, "I sold 2 rifles, a bunch of ammo, and some crap out of my garage to gets these parts so they didn't come out of our budget and you can't get mad about that" pants !! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

PostSubject: Re: Re-gearing Gurus Assemble   Re-gearing Gurus Assemble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Dec 2010, 12:56 pm

OK, I can't let you guys hang in suspense any longer.

I figured I had to get me whatever pants you guys were wearing because your pockets go WAY deeper than any pants I have. lol!

I mean, $4500 to replace a front axle that ain't broken, I just can't justify doing it. Shoot, I don't even think I can justify $2000 for a takeoff. Besides I think we all know that replacing the front axle is only the beginning. There's always something else too, which means it's more than $4500, or $2000, or whatever. Just can't do it. No
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Re-gearing Gurus Assemble   Re-gearing Gurus Assemble - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Dec 2010, 5:39 pm

Hook-Em wrote:
OK, I can't let you guys hang in suspense any longer.

I figured I had to get me whatever pants you guys were wearing because your pockets go WAY deeper than any pants I have. lol!

I mean, $4500 to replace a front axle that ain't broken, I just can't justify doing it. Shoot, I don't even think I can justify $2000 for a takeoff. Besides I think we all know that replacing the front axle is only the beginning. There's always something else too, which means it's more than $4500, or $2000, or whatever. Just can't do it. No

Most of us didn't go to UT, so we don't have those high college tuition loans to pay back. Razz

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re-gearing Gurus Assemble   Re-gearing Gurus Assemble - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Re-gearing Gurus Assemble
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next