MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

death shake

Go down 
+2
Renee10
jk4me
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jk4me
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
jk4me

Number of posts : 53
Rig : 07 jk 4dr
specs. : TERAFLEX 4IN. LIFT AND SHOCKS GOODYEAR WRANGLER MTR 35/12.5/17 arb front air locker 30 spline axle shaft tom woods drive shaft
Registration date : 2011-02-09

death shake Empty
PostSubject: death shake   death shake Icon_minitimeFri 27 May 2011, 9:44 pm

o.k. this may be an old topic for all you jeep experts. 07 jk 4dr has had the death shake basically from brand new. It slowed down alooot after I replaced the monkey shit factory tires and the 3x larger steering stabilizer. I thought that when I put on the teraflex 4in. lift with upper and lower arms and 35 in. tires that it would never come back. Well, it started again and it's getting worse (mainly after I hit a bump at speeds over 30 mph.) DOES ANYONE KNOW THE FIX ?
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Number of posts : 2515
Rig : 2007 Stone White 2-Door
Registration date : 2008-01-27

death shake Empty
PostSubject: Re: death shake   death shake Icon_minitimeFri 27 May 2011, 9:47 pm

Do a search for death wobble, there are several posts there
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeep-nation.com
jk4me
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
jk4me

specs. : TERAFLEX 4IN. LIFT AND SHOCKS GOODYEAR WRANGLER MTR 35/12.5/17 arb front air locker 30 spline axle shaft tom woods drive shaft

death shake Empty
PostSubject: Re: death shake   death shake Icon_minitimeFri 27 May 2011, 10:35 pm

Back to top Go down
jk4me
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
jk4me

death shake Empty
PostSubject: Re: death shake   death shake Icon_minitimeFri 27 May 2011, 10:37 pm

I'll re-grease and re-tighten everything and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Number of posts : 1202
Rig : 2007 JK unlimited Rubicon
specs. : It's over there}
Registration date : 2010-06-21

death shake Empty
PostSubject: Re: death shake   death shake Icon_minitimeFri 27 May 2011, 11:04 pm

Make sure your track bar is TIGHT and the jam nut is also tight. Did your kit come with a whole new track bar or a relocation bracket? Other than that you would have to jack up the axel and try to check your ball joints for play. Any little play in them will cause the shakes.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

death shake Empty
PostSubject: Re: death shake   death shake Icon_minitimeSun 29 May 2011, 12:17 am

jk4me wrote:
... 07 jk 4dr has had the death shake basically from brand new. It slowed down alooot after I replaced the monkey shit factory tires and the 3x larger steering stabilizer. I thought that when I put on the teraflex 4in. lift with upper and lower arms and 35 in. tires that it would never come back. Well, it started again and it's getting worse (mainly after I hit a bump at speeds over 30 mph.) DOES ANYONE KNOW THE FIX ?

did you take it in to get it diagnosed under warranty before you started modding it? If it was doing it so early on, I would guess you had other issues. Normally death wobble starts after lift & tires. Basically after you modify the stock suspension, not before scratch

Like Robert said, check the ball joints and trackbars. Also, have you had the alignment checked and the tires balanced recently?
Back to top Go down
TXROCK
Poster child
Poster child
TXROCK

Number of posts : 243
Rig : 2007 JK Rubicon Unlimited
specs. : 3.5" RK X Factor Mid-Arm lift, 35x12.5x16 MTR/Ks, 16 inch Pro Comp 7069s, Genright Armor
Registration date : 2011-04-01

death shake Empty
PostSubject: Re: death shake   death shake Icon_minitimeSun 29 May 2011, 1:32 am

everyone is right on track with their input for you....1st check to make sure everything you put on is torqued per the install directions, 2nd get wheels/tires balanced/rotated and an alignment. If you still have the WOBBLE chances are you have something going on with the ball joints, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.astrongerhealthieryou.com
jk4me
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
jk4me

death shake Empty
PostSubject: Re: death shake   death shake Icon_minitimeSun 29 May 2011, 4:30 pm

o.k. thanks everybody.... today ( after fixing oil leak on wife's saturn ion ) I found every bolt tight EXCEPT the top bolt on the track bar...JACKPOT.....Tightened it again.. also checked the ball joints for play.. they are tight (I'm suprised and happy) Will rotate tires at next oil change (about another 1k miles) ... My wife is taking it on a test run now and hopefully it's fixed

THANKS FOR THE INFO
Back to top Go down
jk4me
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
jk4me

death shake Empty
PostSubject: Re: death shake   death shake Icon_minitimeSun 29 May 2011, 9:27 pm

I drove it over all the same bumps that were starting the shakes and no more wobble. Now I know to keep checking in the future. Live and learn
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Number of posts : 1202
Rig : 2007 JK unlimited Rubicon
specs. : It's over there}
Registration date : 2010-06-21

death shake Empty
PostSubject: Re: death shake   death shake Icon_minitimeSun 29 May 2011, 10:24 pm

I'm glad that was all it was. Some people chase it down for ever and can never get rid of it.
Back to top Go down
wanglyy

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-06-20

death shake Empty
PostSubject: Re: death shake   death shake Icon_minitimeFri 01 Jul 2011, 4:09 am

I have wanted to write something like this on my blog and you gave me an idea. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tiffanyoutlets.us
Sponsored content

death shake Empty
PostSubject: Re: death shake   death shake Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

death shake
Page 1 of 1