MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Been busy!

Go down 
+2
Hook-Em
RichSATX
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RichSATX
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
RichSATX

Number of posts : 187
Rig : 03 Wrangler Sport
specs. : 2.5 Lift 33's
Registration date : 2011-02-09

Been busy! Empty
PostSubject: Been busy!   Been busy! Icon_minitimeMon 15 Aug 2011, 8:15 am

Ya'll have read about my Wrangler problems with the bad miss, which I still need Jon to help with in time. And I think the major water leak in our house has been posted too. I repaired the electrical damage from it, and I have an uncle that has done home construction and remodel for 50 years who is putting in a new bathroom and back bedroom that were destroyed. Had a concrete pad and driveway poured for a new 2 car garage, but have to put that on hold. Still dealing with the father in laws estate. A TVS2300 Supercharger Kit should be here today for my Roush Mustang
Been busy! IMG_3309
, but that too will have to be put on hold until the major problems are solved.
On top of all of that, I have had something awesome happen that I never thought would! I was adopted out at the age of 3 in 1964. My mother and I were severely abused, and I was taken away from her because of her age at the time, and because of the "baby swoop and scoop era" even though other family members were offering to take me. She had been looking for me for 47 years, I have been looking for her since I was 18. Well about 6 weeks ago we found each other! I don't know if there are any adoptees here, but it always makes you wonder what happened. Where you came from, all kinds of questions. I was adopted by some incredible people that raised my wonderfully, but I always still wondered. Now I know! We have went to Louisiana from San Antonio twice now and I have met 2 brothers and have been reunited with mom. We went there this weekend again even though I needed to be working on things here (900 mile round trip). All 3 younger brothers (from when she remarried) and mom are coming here for a full reunion at our house on Friday. I don't want anyone to get me wrong, I love the parents that raised me. They are my parents in that respect, but I still have a family that I was ripped out of.

Sorry for the long rant! My head is spinning trying to keep up with things and getting it out helped. We can't wait to get back on the trails, but as you can see we have been a bit busy and will be for a bit longer.

Rich
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Been busy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been busy!   Been busy! Icon_minitimeMon 15 Aug 2011, 10:21 am

That's awesome, Rich. I don't blame you at all for seeking her out. I'd do the same if I were in your shoes.

Just let me know whenever you are going to Louisiana again and I'll be glad to car-sit that Roush Mustang of yours. affraid lol!
Back to top Go down
RichSATX
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
RichSATX

Been busy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been busy!   Been busy! Icon_minitimeMon 15 Aug 2011, 10:41 am

LOL, we took the Roush on the trip this time! It is an awesome road car!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

Number of posts : 962
Rig : 1990 XJ Trigger
specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers
Registration date : 2010-10-19

Been busy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been busy!   Been busy! Icon_minitimeMon 15 Aug 2011, 7:32 pm

Awesome! Always great to hear story like that! Mustang looks great!
Back to top Go down
Stouttrout
Poster child
Poster child
Stouttrout

Number of posts : 347
Rig : Multiple (too many) JEEPS
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Been busy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been busy!   Been busy! Icon_minitimeMon 15 Aug 2011, 9:38 pm

Thats great. I helped an ex-girlfriend find her father once. Very similar situation. It is a great feeling.
Back to top Go down
r_unda
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
r_unda

Number of posts : 794
Rig : 1998 Jeep Wrangler
specs. : 2.5L-4 Cyl., 33x10.5 BFG's Mud tires, 2.5 in. lift springs, 1.25 in. BL, 1 in. MML, 4.88 Gears, Front Powertrax No-Slip, Rear E-Locker, Chromoly axle shafts, SYE, Tera Low & 2Low, UCF Tummy Tuck, etc
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Been busy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been busy!   Been busy! Icon_minitimeMon 15 Aug 2011, 9:53 pm

Thats great Rich! ...Hope to see you soon man!
Back to top Go down
gilly_as
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
gilly_as

Number of posts : 191
Rig : 07 JK
specs. : Not enough
Registration date : 2010-05-23

Been busy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been busy!   Been busy! Icon_minitimeMon 15 Aug 2011, 11:58 pm

That's awesome! Congrats on finding her! I can't even imagine that feeling. it's good to hear about families reuniting. I wish yall the best
Back to top Go down
RichSATX
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
RichSATX

Been busy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been busy!   Been busy! Icon_minitimeTue 16 Aug 2011, 6:39 am

Thanks!!