MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK

Go down 
+2
lonestar rubi
RiverCityOffroad
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RiverCityOffroad
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk

Number of posts : 133
Rig : 08 JK + 08 JK Unlimited
Registration date : 2010-08-26

Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK  Empty
PostSubject: Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK    Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK  Icon_minitimeTue 22 Nov 2011, 5:46 pm

I have a brand new, in the box set of Nitro Axle Sleeves. These sleeves don't require welding to install and are a new option on the market. They are a "pound in" option that will install with the axle in the vehicle in an afternoon.

I will make someone a great deal on these if you're willing to document your install and give me some feedback on the product.

These retail for $130 plus shipping from Washington state. Looking for $100 and your thoughts.

Thanks for looking!

Marcus
Back to top Go down
http://rivercityoffroad.com
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Number of posts : 1202
Rig : 2007 JK unlimited Rubicon
specs. : It's over there}
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK    Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK  Icon_minitimeTue 22 Nov 2011, 8:43 pm

Will these fit Rubi axles?
Back to top Go down
RiverCityOffroad
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk

PostSubject: Re: Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK    Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK  Icon_minitimeTue 22 Nov 2011, 8:51 pm

Yes they will fit a front Rubi or X axle.

Marcus
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

PostSubject: Re: Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK    Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK  Icon_minitimeTue 22 Nov 2011, 9:01 pm

Send some info in them. I haven't been able to find anything on the net.
Back to top Go down
RiverCityOffroad
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk

PostSubject: Re: Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK    Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK  Icon_minitimeThu 01 Dec 2011, 2:59 am

I still have these sleeves.

There isn't a whole lot of information online about these, you're right. They are a brand new item.

If you have questions that I haven't answered, my buddy Jeff @ JT's is happy to go over the details:

1-866-349-6801 - x 111 (Jeff)

Marcus
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

PostSubject: Re: Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK    Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK  Icon_minitimeThu 01 Dec 2011, 9:43 am

do the ends have a o-ring seal around the axle or can these be cut down to reuse the tube seals?
Back to top Go down
RiverCityOffroad
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk

PostSubject: Re: Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK    Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK  Icon_minitimeThu 01 Dec 2011, 2:14 pm

The are knurled on the ends so I wouldn't cut them off.

Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK  Attachment

Aside from that an outer seal is going to keep crap out but you'll never know if you have an issue.

If you've got a Rubicon and want to go up to 35 spline shafts these sleeves are one of the only ones that will work with them as well.

Marcus
Back to top Go down
Tvernon
Poster child
Poster child
Tvernon

Number of posts : 300
Rig : 2007 JK
specs. : ------->
Registration date : 2010-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK    Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK  Icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 12:24 am

have you sold them? and I am ignorant, would they reinforce the front axle shaft? If so, Ill buy them this weekend.

email me or pm me with the info.

tyler.vernon11@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

Number of posts : 944
Rig : YJ/TJ, V8, tons
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK    Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK  Icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 2:13 am

Our stockers just have the seal down by the diff so I'm not sure if the extra seal would be worth it. I looked into it when I did my RCVs and decided it really wasn't worth the extra hassle. That's just my .02.

Tyler, yes they do reinforce the front axle. You're adding more wall thickness (in essence) to the front axle. I can't make any claim for or against the "no weld" version but if you think about the theory, it makes sense. If you had a tube and slide another section of slightly smaller I.D. into it, it would certainly reinforce it. I don't think it would move around all that much either.
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

PostSubject: Re: Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK    Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK  Icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 9:32 am

From what I've seen and read you HAVE to beat the crap out of these to get them in. So I think they will surely reinforce the axle housing

Tvernon: as far the axel shaft its self NO it will not reinforce it. The stock shafts are weak and there is nothing you can do to reinforce those but to replace them!
Back to top Go down
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

Number of posts : 944
Rig : YJ/TJ, V8, tons
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK    Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK  Icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 10:40 am

Robert,

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't read his post that carefully and now notice he said axle shaft rather than axle. My comments refer to the housing and not the shaft itself.

Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

PostSubject: Re: Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK    Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK  Icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 11:30 pm

Hemi_Tim aka thebigtman wrote:
Robert,

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't read his post that carefully and now notice he said axle shaft rather than axle. My comments refer to the housing and not the shaft itself.

No problem buddy, I got your back!
Back to top Go down
Tvernon
Poster child
Poster child
Tvernon

PostSubject: Re: Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK    Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK  Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 10:33 pm

Then for the cost of 100 bucks would these be worth it? I want to reinforce my D30 up front but I'm not certain that these would really help all that much. It seems that just reinforcing my C-gussets would do the trick for the extra tire weight. If I'm wrong correct me, I need the advice of mechanically superior individuals.

Thanks,

Tyler.

P.S. Tim, did you ever get your rig sold? just curious.
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK    Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK  Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 11:28 pm

Tyler, if you are looking at keeping your D30 for the next few years, I would sleeve, truss and gusset the axle. It is cheap insurance.
Is it necessary? Maybe not, but plenty of guys have bent their axles, and then it becomes a very expensive mistake.
You can probably pick up cheap stock axle shafts and run them as spares.
So get this truss or from someone else and beef up you axle.

I would still weld in the ends, so that the sleeve is stuck and mated properly to the original axle.
Just my $0.02
Back to top Go down
Tvernon
Poster child
Poster child
Tvernon

PostSubject: Re: Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK    Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK  Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 1:24 am

Perfect, ill probably snag this after the holidays anyway just to do it. Ill probably also buy the gussets and such as well. My 35's aren't that heavy but enough to cause concern. Plus I feel that if I gusset it will keep my Ball Joints from going bad sooner. Just my thought though.
Back to top Go down
xflstl

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK    Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK  Icon_minitimeFri 06 Jan 2012, 10:04 am

I installed a set of these lastnight on my 2010 JKU Rubi.... I have to say I was impressed... Very easy to install.... Nice snug fit, used a chunk of 4x4 and a 5lb sledge (Along with a little gear lube) and they pounded right in without to much trouble...

Without having battle tested them yet the only draw back at all is that they came with 0 instruction's not even a simple diagram... This is the only thing that would stop the totally clueless from installing them... (As I am only slightly above clueless)..

Only took about 3hours to do.... If I re-did them I could do it in less than 2 hours... Taking apart and reasembling was 98% of the work...(I took more apart than is required to put them in, only to make it a little easier to pound them in)..

This job can be done by one person without a problem, but an extra set of hands would/does help...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK    Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nitro Axle Sleeves - D30/D44 JK
Page 1 of 1