MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party

Go down 
+5
jkx0778
Longarm
IntenseBlueSwamper
Dutchboy101
Hook-Em
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which date would be good for a Jeep Nation Installation Party
Saturday, March 24, 2012
Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party Vote_lcap38%Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party Vote_rcap
 38% [ 3 ]
Saturday, March 31, 2012
Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party Vote_lcap62%Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party Vote_rcap
 62% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party Empty
PostSubject: Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party   Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party Icon_minitimeThu 09 Feb 2012, 5:04 pm

I've noticed we have a few peeps on here with lifts that need to be installed (Longarm and JKTXJL). I know I'm planning on getting some Rigid Dually lights for my windshield. I'm also expecting a Warn D44 differential skid soon. I will buy a D30 skid for the front too. There are probably others who have stuff to install as well.

What do you all say to planning and installation party after March 10th. I don't want to conflict with the Canyons trip or the March Madness BBQ benefit for Joe. I know the 17th is booked for me but the 24th and 31st of March look to be open. Once the date is set we can establish location, refreshments, etc.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party   Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party Icon_minitimeThu 09 Feb 2012, 6:33 pm

My March is crazy:
March 10-----BBQ cook off
March 17-----Long's Ranch
March 24-----Trees Ranch
Back to top Go down
IntenseBlueSwamper
Poster child
Poster child
IntenseBlueSwamper

Number of posts : 371
Rig : 99 TJ
specs. : https://www.facebook.com/TexasHillCountryOffRoad
Registration date : 2010-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party   Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party Icon_minitimeThu 09 Feb 2012, 8:43 pm

I am interested in this. But I would have to trailer the jeep in haha. And I need to get mine up and running asap. Might invite you guys up here for some free beer and river time next week if anyone wants to.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TexasHillCountryOffRoad
Longarm
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
Longarm

Number of posts : 79
Rig : 2007 Red Rock Rubicon
specs. : Tereflex 2.5 Coil Lift, Spidertrax Spacers, 35X12.50X17 Tires, K&N Drop In, Hella 500's, Rugged Ridge Grab Handles all around, Rugged Ridge Light Guards all around
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party   Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party Icon_minitimeFri 10 Feb 2012, 12:16 am

Looks like my lift be be getting installed this coming Tuesday but if something comes up I am up for either of those weekends, preferably the 24th.
Back to top Go down
Longarm
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
Longarm

specs. : Tereflex 2.5 Coil Lift, Spidertrax Spacers, 35X12.50X17 Tires, K&N Drop In, Hella 500's, Rugged Ridge Grab Handles all around, Rugged Ridge Light Guards all around

PostSubject: Re: Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party   Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party Icon_minitimeFri 10 Feb 2012, 12:20 am

Now if only I had MORE money to buy MORE parts. It has been a long wait for my lift (4 1/2 years). I'll be getting some new shoes for the Jeep as well as soon as the lift is installed. Looking at some Nitto Terra Grapplers in a 285/70R17 size. I think those are about 33's. 35's too much $$$ for me right now and I would like to change gears from the stock 4:10's before I go any bigger.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party   Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party Icon_minitimeFri 10 Feb 2012, 12:33 pm

Longarm wrote:
Now if only I had MORE money to buy MORE parts. It has been a long wait for my lift (4 1/2 years). I'll be getting some new shoes for the Jeep as well as soon as the lift is installed. Looking at some Nitto Terra Grapplers in a 285/70R17 size. I think those are about 33's. 35's too much $$$ for me right now and I would like to change gears from the stock 4:10's before I go any bigger.

I know where you could get a set of 5 - 35" ProComp Xtreme MTs for $1200 with only 3K miles or less. They are in practically new condition and are mounted and balanced on stock wheels. That's about the same price or less than 285/70s.

If you (or ANYONE else) is interested, PM Dutchboy101. At that price, i don't think they'll last too long.
Back to top Go down
Longarm
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
Longarm

PostSubject: Re: Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party   Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party Icon_minitimeFri 10 Feb 2012, 2:19 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I'll give Dutchboy a ring.
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

PostSubject: Re: Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party   Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party Icon_minitimeFri 10 Feb 2012, 4:20 pm

jkx0778 wrote:
Longarm wrote:

I know where you could get a set of 5 - 35" ProComp Xtreme MTs for $1200 with only 3K miles or less. They are in practically new condition and are mounted and balanced on stock wheels. That's about the same price or less than 285/70s.

If you (or ANYONE else) is interested, PM Dutchboy101. At that price, i don't think they'll last too long.

Thanks for posting this Richard.
Those tires and rims are still available. send me a PM or call me at 210-884-0058 if you are interested.
Back to top Go down
JK4AER
Poster child
Poster child
JK4AER

Number of posts : 292
Rig : '08 Black JKU Rubi
specs. : Loaded with two carseats!!!
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party   Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party Icon_minitimeFri 10 Feb 2012, 10:54 pm

Trust me, go with the 35s. I have the TF 2.5" Coil Lift with 285/70/17 BGF KM2s and wish I had 35s. The 285s are OK until you see someone with 35s! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI

PostSubject: Re: Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party   Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party Icon_minitimeMon 13 Feb 2012, 12:23 pm

Bump!
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

PostSubject: Re: Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party   Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party Icon_minitimeMon 13 Feb 2012, 2:17 pm

JK4AER wrote:
Trust me, go with the 35s. I have the TF 2.5" Coil Lift with 285/70/17 BGF KM2s and wish I had 35s. The 285s are OK until you see someone with 35s! What a Face

I think too many of us here made the mistake of going 285/70s. Then you realize with that 2.5" or larger lift that it just doesn't look quite right with all that space between the fenders and tires. Then you see other jeeps with 35s and 2.5" of lift and think to yourself..."#&^#, I just spend $1,XXX.oo on 33s and should have gotten 35s for $200 more."

It's a waste of $$ IMHO to go 33s. I made that mistake. Almost as soon as I got the 33s on, I was kicking myself in the a$$. You almost don't notice the difference in tire size from stock. But going to 35s and you think to yourself, "Holy @*#%, that is one bad a$$ looking jeep."

... course you start modding you're jeep and eventually you end up wanting 37s What a Face
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

PostSubject: Re: Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party   Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party Icon_minitimeMon 13 Feb 2012, 2:28 pm

jkx0778 wrote:
... course you start modding you're jeep and eventually you end up wanting 37s What a Face

I hate this fact. It's like the law of gravity. There is no denying it. I have 315/70R17's (35" class) and when they are used up, I'll prolly look at some 37's. I swore I never would, but now I'm like, hmmmmmmmmmmm. It's just a really good size on Jeeps, especially on JK unlimiteds.
Back to top Go down
Longarm
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
Longarm

PostSubject: Re: Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party   Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party Icon_minitimeMon 13 Feb 2012, 10:36 pm

Go that set of 5 - 35" ProComp Xtreme MTs for $1200 with only 3K miles or less. They look real nice! Gotta get that lift on first. Found a Teraflex spare tire extender for $20 on craigslist as well. Then I had noticed that the 35's might block my third brake light and that problem was solved when I got the wheels and tire. There is a third brake light installed on the spare tire itself. Thanks again to Sascha and of course to JK Joe.
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

PostSubject: Re: Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party   Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party Icon_minitimeMon 13 Feb 2012, 10:51 pm

Longarm wrote:
Go that set of 5 - 35" ProComp Xtreme MTs for $1200 with only 3K miles or less. They look real nice! Gotta get that lift on first. Found a Teraflex spare tire extender for $20 on craigslist as well. Then I had noticed that the 35's might block my third brake light and that problem was solved when I got the wheels and tire. There is a third brake light installed on the spare tire itself. Thanks again to Sascha and of course to JK Joe.

You're welcome Reagan. They'll look bad ass on your Jeep.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

PostSubject: Re: Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party   Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party Icon_minitimeTue 14 Feb 2012, 12:13 am

Congrats longarm!!!!

The only regret you'll have is that a lift + tires are like the gateway drugs of jeep mods. You get in thinking "ok thats all i need. This is as far as I'll go." Then before you know it, you're skipping meals trying to save up for that next jeep mod fix.
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

PostSubject: Re: Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party   Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party Icon_minitimeTue 14 Feb 2012, 12:31 pm

jkx0778 wrote:
Congrats longarm!!!!

The only regret you'll have is that a lift + tires are like the gateway drugs of jeep mods. You get in thinking "ok thats all i need. This is as far as I'll go." Then before you know it, you're skipping meals trying to save up for that next jeep mod fix.

I hate you, Richard! What are you some kind of psychoanalyst or something? BTW, can I borrow $1000. There's this mod I've been wanting to do...
Back to top Go down
JK4AER
Poster child
Poster child
JK4AER

Number of posts : 292
Rig : '08 Black JKU Rubi
specs. : Loaded with two carseats!!!
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party   Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party Icon_minitimeTue 14 Feb 2012, 2:35 pm

jkx0778 wrote:
JK4AER wrote:

I think too many of us here made the mistake of going 285/70s. Then you realize with that 2.5" or larger lift that it just doesn't look quite right with all that space between the fenders and tires. Then you see other jeeps with 35s and 2.5" of lift and think to yourself..."#&^#, I just spend $1,XXX.oo on 33s and should have gotten 35s for $200 more."

It's a waste of $$ IMHO to go 33s. I made that mistake. Almost as soon as I got the 33s on, I was kicking myself in the a$$. You almost don't notice the difference in tire size from stock. But going to 35s and you think to yourself, "Holy @*#%, that is one bad a$$ looking jeep."

For me, it wasn't the extra dollars of 35s vs 33s. I was concerned about gearing, needing a rear tire carrier, gussets, etc. that folks say you need once you go above 33s. I plan on getting a rear tire carrier at some point, but didn't want to feel rushed if I had a 35" tire rattling around on my tailgate. Plus, I need to space out the mods or else I'll get in trouble!!
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

PostSubject: Re: Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party   Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party Icon_minitimeThu 16 Feb 2012, 7:52 pm

Bump!
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

PostSubject: Re: Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party   Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb 2012, 4:45 pm

This kinda fell off the radar. Here's a little bump to get it back to the top.
Back to top Go down
theZombie
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot

Number of posts : 12
Rig : 2012 JKU Sport
specs. : AEV, JKS
Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party   Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party Icon_minitimeWed 22 Feb 2012, 1:21 pm

Hi, guys. Newbie here. I might be interested in attending this and other San Antonio jeep events. Im pretty new to the scene and i'm about to order my lift (AEV 2.5 DualSport) and CB.
Back to top Go down
IntenseBlueSwamper
Poster child
Poster child
IntenseBlueSwamper

Number of posts : 371
Rig : 99 TJ
specs. : https://www.facebook.com/TexasHillCountryOffRoad
Registration date : 2010-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party   Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party Icon_minitimeWed 22 Feb 2012, 4:32 pm

Give us an intro in the introductions section and tell or, or better yet show us your rig and parts. As long as you keep your eye on the forum you'll be able to find plenty of things to do
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TexasHillCountryOffRoad
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

PostSubject: Re: Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party   Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party Icon_minitimeWed 22 Feb 2012, 8:45 pm

Art, I understand about the gearing. If you have 4.10s it's livable. but if you were like me and had 3.73s, it majorly sucked. I went to 285/70s and it downshifted on overpasses and with a decent headwind. Drove me crazy. With 4.88s I'm good even on my 315/70r17s.

David, you crack me up What a Face

Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

PostSubject: Re: Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party   Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party Icon_minitimeThu 23 Feb 2012, 1:18 pm

JK4AER wrote:
jkx0778 wrote:
JK4AER wrote:

For me, it wasn't the extra dollars of 35s vs 33s. I was concerned about gearing, needing a rear tire carrier, gussets, etc. that folks say you need once you go above 33s. I plan on getting a rear tire carrier at some point, but didn't want to feel rushed if I had a 35" tire rattling around on my tailgate. Plus, I need to space out the mods or else I'll get in trouble!!

I ran 4.10's and 37's for a year and the gearring was tolerable. Currently have 5.38's and love it.
If you go 35's, I wouldn't stress too much about gussets and unless you wheel your Jeep. If you don't wheel it, you can always do that months down the line. Gussets aren't expensive anyway, and I am sure there are guy's in the club that could weld them on for you, no big deal.
Now, the 35" tire on your tailgate might be an issue after a while. Teraflex is coming out with a brace for this, not sure how expensive, but it would not require you to buy an expensive bumper/tire carrier combo.
Back to top Go down
Beached Bum
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Beached Bum

Number of posts : 481
Rig : 1986 CJ7
specs. : Not Much
Registration date : 2011-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party   Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party Icon_minitimeThu 23 Feb 2012, 5:40 pm

So when is the party?
Back to top Go down
https://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i399/shanerominger/
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Number of posts : 2515
Rig : 2007 Stone White 2-Door
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party   Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party Icon_minitimeThu 23 Feb 2012, 8:55 pm

The more the merrier
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeep-nation.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party   Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jeep Nation San Antonio Installation Party
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next