MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wheelers for the Wounded News

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stouttrout
Poster child
Poster child
Stouttrout

Number of posts : 347
Rig : Multiple (too many) JEEPS
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Wheelers for the Wounded News Empty
PostSubject: Wheelers for the Wounded News   Wheelers for the Wounded News Icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012, 2:53 pm

Wheelers for the Wounded-sa is a 501c3 nonprofit organization. WFTW expressly supports wounded service members, from conflicts past and present, and their families. Supported by the off-road community in Texas, the backbone of WFTW-SA, our heroes are afforded the opportunity to get out of their barracks and hospital rooms for a day of fun and adventure in the beautiful setting of the hill country of Texas. Our honored guests are treated to great food, activities and entertainment for all ages as well as the opportunity to ride is some of the biggest and baddest off-road vehicles in the world, on trails from mild to wild, guaranteed to provide enjoyment for children of all ages or thrill even the most battle hardened warrior. Go to our Past Events section and see for yourself.

That is the best explanation I have but there is more. We have one official MAIN EVENT. It is always the first Saturday of May. We bus Soldier into Marbles Falls and ask for the Wheelers to donate their time taking the soldiers out for the day on the trails. This is not a small undertaking and in the 6 years I have been involved with WFTW we have had plenty of hurdles to jump over. Thanks tot he support in the offroad community, we get it done.

It does not stop there. Year round we provide assistance of different types to wounded soldiers and their families. One of the ways we give back to these guys is through our Purple Santa Xmas party. Together with Northwest Dodge Jeep in Houston, Gracy Title in Austin, Walmart in Marble Falls, and Chapter 1919 of The Purple Heart we are able to provide some of the least fortunate children on the base a Xmas. The children have parents that are wounded and in the Wounded Transition Brigade, the WTB. The live on base and help with the rehab of their parent. NOW ARE YOU PSYCHED? Here comes the big NEWS.

Last year with the support of the Wheelers, we were able to provide a Xmas to 275 worthy children. This year we have been honored and challenged. The USO and the Red Cross has asked us to assist them in throwing the biggest baddest Xmas party every. Right now we have about 1200 children living on base assisting with the rehab of their Father or Mother in the WTB. We are going to throw a party for them all.....HOW KILLER IS THAT!!! Who wants to help? Who has questions about WFTW-SA.

Watch for details to come. We will be having a Wheeler Night (Not just for Jeeps) get together at Northwest Dodge. Come hang out, talk Jeep and shop and we will discus the toy run this year. We need lots of hands on help with this one. My family is still worn out from working the last one. BTW, if you went to the last one, Kendra and my family killed them selves getting all you guys checked in. Put it in the calender, Get together Sept. 20. More details on this to follow.

Also, if you would like to Host a Toy Run in your area, let me know. We will find a way to get the toys to were they need to go.
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Wheelers for the Wounded News   Wheelers for the Wounded News Icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012, 4:49 pm

Quote :
Also, if you would like to Host a Toy Run in your area, let me know. We will find a way to get the toys to were they need to go.

I'm glad you posted this Dan. I've been remiss n mentioning this to my fellow Jeep Nation crew members. My older daughter, Madisen, has made the WFTW-SA toy drive her 2-year NJHS service project at Garcia Middle School. Last year we started the project which was mostly administrative mumbo-jumbo. This year we are collecting donations of toys, money, and wrapping supplies. She has set up boxes at our church and has done pretty well there. But frankly, we have not collected nearly enough. She will be turning all of the collections over to Dan, WFTW-SA in time for the "baddest Xmas party ever".

If anybody would like to make a donation, they can get in touch with me through this forum. I will be setting up a PayPal account specifically for cash donations. I will re-post when the account is set up. We will gladly meet anybody in the San Antonio area wishing to make donations for toys, wrapping supplies, and cash as well.

I don't think there is too much we can do to thank these soldiers and their families for their sacrifices. Unfortunately the busyness of our daily lives often prevents us from doing what we often feel we should do.

Thanks in advance for any donations received.
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI

PostSubject: Re: Wheelers for the Wounded News   Wheelers for the Wounded News Icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012, 6:33 pm

OK. The PayPal account has been established. Anybody wishing to make cash donations towards Madisen's NJHS WFTW-SA project may donate to WFTWSA4MMD@sbcglobal.net through PayPal. Please donate personal as a gift and note the donation as "WFTW-SA NJHS Toy Drive"

Thanks again for any donations!
Back to top Go down
Stouttrout
Poster child
Poster child
Stouttrout

PostSubject: Re: Wheelers for the Wounded News   Wheelers for the Wounded News Icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012, 7:24 pm

Way to go!!!! Let me know how we can help.
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

PostSubject: Re: Wheelers for the Wounded News   Wheelers for the Wounded News Icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012, 8:15 pm

Just posted this on JKFreaks.com

http://www.jkfreaks.com/forums/showthread.php?6065-Wheelers-for-the-Wounded

Hopefully that will lead to some donations.
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

PostSubject: Re: Wheelers for the Wounded News   Wheelers for the Wounded News Icon_minitimeWed 05 Sep 2012, 12:19 pm

Hook-Em wrote:
OK. The PayPal account has been established. Anybody wishing to make cash donations towards Madisen's NJHS WFTW-SA project may donate to WFTWSA4MMD@sbcglobal.net through PayPal. Please donate personal as a gift and note the donation as "WFTW-SA NJHS Toy Drive"

Thanks again for any donations!

Bump for donations. Anything helps. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Stouttrout
Poster child
Poster child
Stouttrout

PostSubject: Re: Wheelers for the Wounded News   Wheelers for the Wounded News Icon_minitimeTue 02 Apr 2013, 12:01 am

Bumping this up to remind everyone about the Main Event on May 4th. We have buses of wounded planing to go ride. Come help out. We need stock 4x4s and built ones.

Also the Facebook is up. get over there and LIKE it. You could win a custom print.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wheelers-for-the-Wounded-San-Antonio-Chapter/304522866205
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheelers for the Wounded News   Wheelers for the Wounded News Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wheelers for the Wounded News
Page 1 of 1