MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lock Actuators for a 2009 Wrangler X

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
4Grace

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-03-29

Lock Actuators for a 2009 Wrangler X Empty
PostSubject: Lock Actuators for a 2009 Wrangler X   Lock Actuators for a 2009 Wrangler X Icon_minitimeFri 29 Mar 2013, 5:29 pm

My husband and I bought Grace on 09-21-09. She was the last one on the lot for 2009 and did not have power windows or locks. Shortly after bringing her home, we took her to Mother's Tint & Alarm and had them install an alarm. All was fine until last winter. I noticed a time or two that the passenger door would not unlock on the first try with the remote. Once it got warmer again, we didn't have any problems. Then this winter, the problem came back but worse. The passenger door will only unlock if I open it from the inside....the key does not work either. I was about to call Jeep to see if there was an issue with the locks, but before I did, I got rearended. Sad The shop that repaired it, told me that the problem with the locks was the actuators. Turns out Mother's installed the wrong ones. I took Grace back to Mother's and they put new ones in and said they were still the wrong ones, but if I order the ones for cable lock doors they will install them for free. There in lies the problem. What do I order? confused Mother's is now saying that I need to get them from Jeep, but I found these on amazon. Is there anyone out there that can give some guidance?

Amazon.com: Install Bay Actuators Kit Cable Style 2 Door Newer Vehicle With Cable Lock Door Systems Each- DLA-CK2: Automotive

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Tvernon
Poster child
Poster child
Tvernon

Number of posts : 300
Rig : 2007 JK
specs. : ------->
Registration date : 2010-03-22

Lock Actuators for a 2009 Wrangler X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock Actuators for a 2009 Wrangler X   Lock Actuators for a 2009 Wrangler X Icon_minitimeThu 04 Apr 2013, 4:16 pm

Maybe an O'reily's or something would have your part. If you had the part number that would help some more. Otherwise you have two options. Go to jeep to pick up the part, $$, or just take your doors off and be rid of the problem entirely. Best of luck.
Back to top Go down

Lock Actuators for a 2009 Wrangler X
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: Welcome Fellow Jeepers! :: HELP!-
Jump to: