MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Any trusted SA shop for gears/SYE/etc installs?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

Any trusted SA shop for gears/SYE/etc installs? Empty
PostSubject: Any trusted SA shop for gears/SYE/etc installs?   Any trusted SA shop for gears/SYE/etc installs? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 12:42 pm

I'm not sure where is the best section to post this in, but I'm looking hard at doing a super-short SYE/CV conversion for the rear, and I'll eventually be converting to an 8.8 rear with 4.56 gearing and lockers front and rear.

I don't really know of any place in SA to go to for this kind of work, which I'm not really sure I want to tackle myself, even if I thought I could. Does anyone know of anyone, whether a veteran individual or a professional shop that can do this kind of stuff in their sleep but doesn't charge an arm, a leg, and the indentured service of your first-born?
Back to top Go down
JK-fredd0
Got No Life
Got No Life
JK-fredd0

Number of posts : 812
Rig : 2007 JK Unlimited Sahara
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Any trusted SA shop for gears/SYE/etc installs?   Any trusted SA shop for gears/SYE/etc installs? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 1:07 pm

bodyguy isn't IN sa but he is close and good prices
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

PostSubject: Re: Any trusted SA shop for gears/SYE/etc installs?   Any trusted SA shop for gears/SYE/etc installs? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 2:09 pm

Hmmm...looks like he's going to be part of the Matagorda trip? Maybe we can talk further then. I'll drop him a line, thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Any trusted SA shop for gears/SYE/etc installs?   Any trusted SA shop for gears/SYE/etc installs? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 3:56 pm

He lives in Cedar Creek.

He is really a great guy - I would give him a shout if I was anywhere close.
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

PostSubject: Re: Any trusted SA shop for gears/SYE/etc installs?   Any trusted SA shop for gears/SYE/etc installs? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 4:18 pm

I went ahead and sent him a long PM with the stuff I'd like to do to see if he has any feedback and if he'd be willing to do it, etc. Thanks for the info. I didn't expect we'd have a member here that can do it, but even better! Smile

Cedar Creek isn't exactly next door, but it's not too far to go, I'd say.
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

PostSubject: Re: Any trusted SA shop for gears/SYE/etc installs?   Any trusted SA shop for gears/SYE/etc installs? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 4:20 pm

PS What I'd like to do is get the SYE/CV done without having to wait till the 8.8 (or proper D44, if I can find one on the cheap) is ready/installed. But I have to figure out if that will actually work, or if stuff will have to be changed for the 8.8, in which case I'll just wait till it's ready and do it all at once.
Back to top Go down
Duke
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Duke

Number of posts : 477
Rig : JEEP
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Any trusted SA shop for gears/SYE/etc installs?   Any trusted SA shop for gears/SYE/etc installs? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 6:33 pm

Brutal Offroad in Pipe Creek (just outside Helotes) is reasonably close. I trust them to do gears, cages, whatever.

Duke
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

PostSubject: Re: Any trusted SA shop for gears/SYE/etc installs?   Any trusted SA shop for gears/SYE/etc installs? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 7:13 pm

Cool, good info. I'll see what bodyguy says first, though I'm glad to know there's someone just up 16 from me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any trusted SA shop for gears/SYE/etc installs?   Any trusted SA shop for gears/SYE/etc installs? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any trusted SA shop for gears/SYE/etc installs?
Page 1 of 1