MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I hate San Antonio drivers...

Go down 
+5
JK-fredd0
Dutchboy101
jeff.lyon3
GULF COAST PIRATE
..::Ryan::..
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet

Number of posts : 758
Rig : '08 Rubicon
specs. : 3.25 RC Lift - OR-Fab Stinger
Registration date : 2009-06-11

I hate  San Antonio drivers... Empty
PostSubject: I hate San Antonio drivers...   I hate  San Antonio drivers... Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jan 2010, 1:11 pm

So today I am going to get the Jeep washed and fill up on gas and I come up to this intersection that is usually controlled by stop lights. Well today I guess something went wrong and they are now just flashing red. Since we all know this means to treat them as a stop signs myself, as well as the person next to me (two lane road) both stop at the intersection at the same time. To our right is a two lane road as well that has two cars already sitting there. So like any person with common sense, they go first. The guy next to me and myself decide to go once the other two cars clear the intersection. I am in the left lane and the guy next to me is in the right lane, well he see's this truck that decided to not stop. Well, me being in the left lane can't see this truck until the last minute and turn left to try and avoid getting hit....well didn't turn far enough left and the guy hits me. I get out and he gets out and starts talking in spanish and shit so I tell him to pull over into the burger king parking lot. We get in the parking lot and I call the police. Well about 10 minutes later the police show up and take out statements. When the cop finishes the report he tells me that since we both gave different statements i have to fill out this form and send it to Austin. This ass hole told the cops that I rolled through the light with the car in front of me....what a fucking dick....its shit like this that makes me wanna kill someone

/Rant
Back to top Go down
GULF COAST PIRATE
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
GULF COAST PIRATE

Number of posts : 697
Rig : 2010 JK unlimited
specs. : changing daily...
Registration date : 2009-12-14

PostSubject: Re: I hate San Antonio drivers...   I hate  San Antonio drivers... Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jan 2010, 1:40 pm

Ryan, That sux bro, how bad was the damage?
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Number of posts : 2295
Rig : 07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: I hate San Antonio drivers...   I hate  San Antonio drivers... Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jan 2010, 1:52 pm

That sucks. Did the other guy next to you stop and make a statement?
Back to top Go down
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet

PostSubject: Re: I hate San Antonio drivers...   I hate  San Antonio drivers... Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jan 2010, 1:55 pm

Nope no one stopped for a statement and the estimate to repair it is $1081.34
Back to top Go down
GULF COAST PIRATE
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
GULF COAST PIRATE

Number of posts : 697
Rig : 2010 JK unlimited
specs. : changing daily...
Registration date : 2009-12-14

PostSubject: Re: I hate San Antonio drivers...   I hate  San Antonio drivers... Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jan 2010, 2:07 pm

Shit. That REALLY fing sucks.
Back to top Go down
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet

PostSubject: Re: I hate San Antonio drivers...   I hate  San Antonio drivers... Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jan 2010, 2:28 pm

I went back to the intersection and it has cameras...isn't there a way for them to check the cameras?
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Number of posts : 2295
Rig : 07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: I hate San Antonio drivers...   I hate  San Antonio drivers... Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jan 2010, 3:11 pm

..::Ryan::.. wrote:
I went back to the intersection and it has cameras...isn't there a way for them to check the cameras?

I think the cameras just snap a shot if you run a red light. If that is the case they wouldn't
be working since the lights were flashing red.
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: I hate San Antonio drivers...   I hate  San Antonio drivers... Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jan 2010, 3:13 pm

..::Ryan::.. wrote:

Typically those cameras are there as sensors to assist with light changes. It senses when you are in a lane and the light will chance quicker for you.
You could contact transguide with TXDOT. They manage all the cameras in town. Transguide is located on the corner of 410/I10. Close to Dave & Busters.

You might also check if there are any stores nearby that have cameras outside.

Sorry to hear that. time to upgrade!!!
Back to top Go down
JK-fredd0
Got No Life
Got No Life
JK-fredd0

Number of posts : 812
Rig : 2007 JK Unlimited Sahara
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: I hate San Antonio drivers...   I hate  San Antonio drivers... Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jan 2010, 5:44 pm

pics of damage?

yyou know the true cause of the accident, right?

your jeep didn't want to get washed
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: I hate San Antonio drivers...   I hate  San Antonio drivers... Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jan 2010, 6:20 pm

Sucks man... sorry to hear about it.

Many of the cameras that you see above traffic lights are not live feeds or recorders, they have remote plug in for txdot and news etc.... the red light cameras are stand alone and not located in the intersection but along the road on the ground... usually on poles with a solar unit, camera and flood/strobe light that flashes when the camera takes a photo.

Not having a witness sucks big time.
Back to top Go down
Bizarro
Golden Child
Bizarro

Number of posts : 614
Rig : Yellow '08 JK 4 door
specs. : 3" Teraflex lift, 35x12.5x17 KM2
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: I hate San Antonio drivers...   I hate  San Antonio drivers... Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jan 2010, 8:24 pm

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
Sucks man... sorry to hear about it.

Many of the cameras that you see above traffic lights are not live feeds or recorders, they have remote plug in for txdot and news etc.... the red light cameras are stand alone and not located in the intersection but along the road on the ground... usually on poles with a solar unit, camera and flood/strobe light that flashes when the camera takes a photo.

Not having a witness sucks big time.

I did not know that. Interesting info RG. I always thought the cameras over the lights were the red light ones. I kept thinking those red light cams were everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: I hate San Antonio drivers...   I hate  San Antonio drivers... Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jan 2010, 9:33 pm

at least that is how the ones that I am familiar with work. I am sure that there are some variations.

Most need strobes, unless they are IR then they still have to have something to light up the license plate.

I hate  San Antonio drivers... Red_Light_Camera
Back to top Go down
xxXJohnny
Got No Life
Got No Life
xxXJohnny

Number of posts : 1052
Rig : 2010 Challenger
specs. : Nemesis package
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: I hate San Antonio drivers...   I hate  San Antonio drivers... Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jan 2010, 10:19 am

I was there I saw the whole thing it was like loooook out rrrrrrr bang crash oh my god did you see what that jeep just did you should call jim addler the texas hamer he's a tough smart lawyer
Back to top Go down
GULFCOAST PIRATE PRINCESS
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
GULFCOAST PIRATE PRINCESS

Number of posts : 454
Rig : 1994 XJ Cherokee Laredo
specs. : Stock for now... :-(
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: I hate San Antonio drivers...   I hate  San Antonio drivers... Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jan 2010, 3:31 pm

WOW... sorry hun...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hate San Antonio drivers...   I hate  San Antonio drivers... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I hate San Antonio drivers...
Page 1 of 1