MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Houston area park!?!?....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

Number of posts : 1278
Rig : black '07 Rubicon
specs. : 4.5" Long Arm, 35 KM2's
Registration date : 2008-04-15

New Houston area park!?!?.... Empty
PostSubject: New Houston area park!?!?....   New Houston area park!?!?.... Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 11:31 am

via pirate and MOROC 'leader':

[QUOTE=Rokn;11001095]OK, new news.
Roland called me back tonight. I apologize. Before, I assumed it was another rumor. Unfortunately, SPOR is now closed. Being that it is now county property, the events there will not happen because it is illegal to turn a profit on county property in the state of Texas.
THE TEXAS SERIES IS STILL ON
April in Bravos Valley is confirmed.
Although we are extremely disappointed that SPOR is closed, it's not over. We all knew this was going to happen, it just happened sooner than anyone anticipated. I have spent quite a bit of time researching/looking for alternatives for next season, and even this season. May was already ify...with this issue, but we were commited to get there as many times as we could. It just wasn't enough.
Currently there are a few alternatives.
1. There will be a new park of 1200 acres opening in Spring about 10 minutes from SCOR, but the amedities are not there yet. We would have to build the course, the entrance, mow, etc...but the course ... for at least the first event would be very simular the the track in Hot Spring (ARENA).
2. I also have another possible location in Texarkana, Arkansas. The course there is wicked. A great combo of fast and slow, drifts and jumps, and climbs and rocks.
3. and although it won't help for march or may, I am still looking for more alternatives for event sites in texas. In the future, if all pans out, we will have a Fall Texas series also.
Currently, we are seeking out possibilities for March. We may postpose the march event until June, or work FAST to get an alternative into place. But until we know more, I'd continue to plan on March being the season opener, and DEFINATELY a Texas series to still happen
Thanks for the heads up on SPOR[/QUOTE]
Back to top Go down
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

PostSubject: Re: New Houston area park!?!?....   New Houston area park!?!?.... Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 11:44 am

speaking of which...

IF I recall correctly (aprox 2 years ago) there was brief talk of a park opening in the Brenham area...I think it came from TX4D forum (dunno)...obvisouly this has yet to happen...but does anyone remembering see it or know anything about it
Back to top Go down
jeetyet
Poster child
Poster child
jeetyet

Number of posts : 360
Rig : 91 xj
specs. : daily drivin slow turd
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: New Houston area park!?!?....   New Houston area park!?!?.... Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 12:15 pm

nothing is set in stone yet
Back to top Go down
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

PostSubject: Re: New Houston area park!?!?....   New Houston area park!?!?.... Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 12:29 pm

jeetyet wrote:
nothing is set in stone yet

but I'll put a rock in it...lol...details my friend
Back to top Go down
jeetyet
Poster child
Poster child
jeetyet

Number of posts : 360
Rig : 91 xj
specs. : daily drivin slow turd
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: New Houston area park!?!?....   New Houston area park!?!?.... Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 12:36 pm

dont really know nothing as of now. Ive got a friend who wants to open it up. as soon as i know something more, believe me ill post it up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Houston area park!?!?....   New Houston area park!?!?.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Houston area park!?!?....
Page 1 of 1