MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

pop went the axle shaft

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeepbronco1
Poster child
Poster child
Jeepbronco1

Number of posts : 281
Rig : 07 unlimited rescue green X
specs. : 3.25 rc lift .37s on 17's .... lots of homebuilt parts!
Registration date : 2010-01-11

pop went the axle shaft Empty
PostSubject: pop went the axle shaft   pop went the axle shaft Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2010, 7:36 pm

Broke the outer and inner shaft this weekend at CANYONS which rocked.. gonna see if anybody has some shafts lying around for cheap. johnny has some just figured I would look around a bit more.. also I found some chromos online for a good price should I do these insteadhttp://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/pts/1604969560.html i would do cv's but just dont have that kinda money available.

pop went the axle shaft Download-1
pop went the axle shaft Download
Back to top Go down
Rockintjak
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
Rockintjak

Number of posts : 119
Rig : '06 Rubicon
specs. : A few thing done to it.
Registration date : 2009-08-07

PostSubject: Klunk went the driveshaft   pop went the axle shaft Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2010, 8:32 pm

Don't feel too bad. I got all the way into SA before hearing a klunk and finding out it's my Tom Wood's driveshaft centering ball in the cv portion (where the two u-joints are close together) is bad. Have to call them tomorrow and see if it's replaceable/repairable or do I have to send back the whole shaft.
Back to top Go down
Jeepbronco1
Poster child
Poster child
Jeepbronco1

Number of posts : 281
Rig : 07 unlimited rescue green X
specs. : 3.25 rc lift .37s on 17's .... lots of homebuilt parts!
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: pop went the axle shaft   pop went the axle shaft Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2010, 8:45 pm

ah damn man that sucks!!! Im hoping to have mine back together tomorrow., if all goes as plan
Back to top Go down
gold03
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
gold03

Number of posts : 114
Rig : TJ
specs. : some stuff and dents
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: pop went the axle shaft   pop went the axle shaft Icon_minitimeWed 03 Mar 2010, 3:30 pm

Rockintjak wrote:
Don't feel too bad. I got all the way into SA before hearing a klunk and finding out it's my Tom Wood's driveshaft centering ball in the cv portion (where the two u-joints are close together) is bad. Have to call them tomorrow and see if it's replaceable/repairable or do I have to send back the whole shaft.
It is replaceable Jeremy. Mine went bad a couple of years ago but I just bought the centering ball and did it myself to save the hassle of returning the whole shaft to TW, plus it was still my dd back then and could not have it down too long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pop went the axle shaft   pop went the axle shaft Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pop went the axle shaft
Page 1 of 1