MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Opinions on Road Armor?

Go down 
+6
jeff.lyon3
TxRubiRig
redneckhouston
Mr.RonGilbert
terrahawk
Uup4it
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Road Armor?   Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 8:18 pm

uup4it wrote:
Mr. RG, sure you don't want to sell that bumper and get you a stubby? Sure will be sad to see that thing chopped up, but I know it'll look killer once George is done with it. Just thought I'd ask.

I have thought about it..... but the only stubby that I really want won't allow me to keep the 2.5g air tank right behind the front bumper, I would have to relocate it again... probably using the RROR air tank / evap skid doohickey...

I have faith that Geo will get it like I want it.... he always does.

BTW here is what I would get if I had it to do all over again... Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_twisted
Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Prodpic-jkrockbrawlerfront01

badass IMO
Back to top Go down
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

Number of posts : 1161
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : 26" spinners, curb feelers, and 6 15 in woofers
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Road Armor?   Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 1:28 am

i can make yours look like that...........
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.ROCKRASH4X4.COM
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Road Armor?   Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 11:05 am

I know this my friend.... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Uup4it
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Uup4it

Number of posts : 758
Rig : 07 2 door X Flamer 6 spd
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Road Armor?   Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 12:50 pm

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
uup4it wrote:
Mr. RG, sure you don't want to sell that bumper and get you a stubby? Sure will be sad to see that thing chopped up, but I know it'll look killer once George is done with it. Just thought I'd ask.

BTW here is what I would get if I had it to do all over again... Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_twisted

badass IMO

That is bad ass, so many decisions, choices..................really, though does it ever end? Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Road Armor?   Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 10:36 pm

It never ends...... or at least I don't see an end to it from where I am standing....
Back to top Go down
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Road Armor?   Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 11:31 pm

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
It never ends...... or at least I don't see an end to it from where I am standing....

yes it does, your just building too slow.........ask jody, i figure his will be "done" pretty soon
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Road Armor?   Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 11:51 pm

That is the funniest thing that I have heard all day!
Back to top Go down
Uup4it
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Uup4it

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Road Armor?   Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 12:12 pm

redneckhouston wrote:
Mr.RonGilbert wrote:

yes it does, your just building too slow.........ask jody, i figure his will be "done" pretty soon

Yeah, but once you, or myself anyway, consider it "done" something bigger or badder comes out, I seem to always be saying, man, I should have done that, or got that one, or gone bigger, or....or.....or.....or, eh you get my point. Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_sad

But do agree from what I have seen of Jody's rig and reading all that he has done to it...............I'd consider it does look DONE! Nice. I'll get there, just slower than most, whah...............
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Road Armor?   Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 12:47 pm

uup4it wrote:
I'd consider it does look DONE!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

She doesn't know me very well. Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down
SASQUATCH
Poster child
Poster child

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Road Armor?   Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 1:14 pm

uup4it wrote:
Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
uup4it wrote:

badass IMO

That is bad ass, so many decisions, choices..................really, though does it ever end? Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_eek

Pretty decent looking and no it doesn't end and like you some of us are just have a slower pace = funding priorities Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_geek ...

I keep threatning to get my own damn welding setup, but by the time I setup 220v at my house, make sure it's all to code in case we sell, then try and find a small amount of steel, blah blah blah...it ends up less expensive just having it built, I think, not positive and I'm not rich so I just have to take my time. I desperately need a rear bumper/tire carrier right now and want to donate my Shrockworks to Holly's JK and build my own front with a pissed off looking hoop...found one somewhere online that just looks sick, has a hoop and follows the grill lines/headlights and has this angled down pissed off look to it... Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_twisted ...rant off...
Back to top Go down
jeetyet
Poster child
Poster child
jeetyet

Number of posts : 360
Rig : 91 xj
specs. : daily drivin slow turd
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Road Armor?   Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 1:15 pm

Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_bounce

Last edited by jeetyet on Wed 10 Mar 2010, 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Uup4it
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Uup4it

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Road Armor?   Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 8:53 pm

That is bad ass, so many decisions, choices..................really, though does it ever end? Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_eek[/quote]

Sasquatch quote:
Pretty decent looking and no it doesn't end and like you some of us are just have a slower pace = funding priorities Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_geek ...

I keep threatning to get my own damn welding setup, but by the time I setup 220v at my house, make sure it's all to code in case we sell, then try and find a small amount of steel, blah blah blah...it ends up less expensive just having it built, I think, not positive and I'm not rich so I just have to take my time. I desperately need a rear bumper/tire carrier right now and want to donate my Shrockworks to Holly's JK and build my own front with a pissed off looking hoop...found one somewhere online that just looks sick, has a hoop and follows the grill lines/headlights and has this angled down pissed off look to it... Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_twisted ...rant off...[/quote]

Uup4it quote:
Post of a pic of the "pissed off" looking bumper/grille guard. That is what I want. I think that 1st pic I posted from, oh I forget the name, Off Road Armor, that's it I think-----------is mean "pissed off" looking and I'm trying my damnest not to go for it. If I did I would go through the Ebay merchant, he has assured me he has them in stock, they are NOT defective rejects, blah, blah, blah. Said he would work with me if there is a problem. Told him if there is ANY problem, there would be NO ORDER/SALE----he' seemed to understand that, and seemed like he'd like to work something out, who knows. I would just use a CC and dispute purchase, if any probelm arise, and let the credit card company deal with it.

Anyone is SA want to make some $$ and fab me a bumper or at least a grille guard for a full width bumper. I'd much rather pay one of you guys than give my $$$ to someone else. Just remember, I'm, very very, picky...............about my jeep,................ or bitchy, yeah that sounds more like me Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Road Armor?   Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 9:25 pm

Just get some electrical and cross it on your head lights lol.

Guess I just don't get the whole "pissed off" look thing. comp4
Back to top Go down
SASQUATCH
Poster child
Poster child

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Road Armor?   Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010, 12:51 am

uup4it gets my drift...

hawkman lemme find a pic of what I'm talking about, I've been trying to find this front bumper again for sometime now, just the angles of the tubing/etc that gave it an aggressive look is all. I'll post up when I find the pic.
Back to top Go down
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Road Armor?   Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010, 1:00 am

is it this one?

Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 1224
Back to top Go down
SASQUATCH
Poster child
Poster child

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Road Armor?   Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010, 1:03 am

redneckhouston wrote:
is it this one?

Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 1224

hmm...not sure, need to see it on the JK actually. I'm thumbing through vendor pics now.
Back to top Go down
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Road Armor?   Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010, 1:09 am

rooster on jko has this one
Back to top Go down
SASQUATCH
Poster child
Poster child

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Road Armor?   Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010, 1:12 am

redneckhouston wrote:
rooster on jko has this one

ok thanks I'm searching jko now for his...
Back to top Go down
SASQUATCH
Poster child
Poster child

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Road Armor?   Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010, 1:20 am

thought it was this Genright Post #19 http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20315&highlight=bumper+pics

but still not it, doesn't have the angles I'm talking about, but similar protection at least. Post #24 is the pissed off/aggressive appearance sort of that I'm talking about but the stinger part on that one sucks.
Back to top Go down
Uup4it
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Uup4it

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Road Armor?   Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010, 2:16 am

SASQUATCH wrote:
thought it was this Genright Post #19 http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20315&highlight=bumper+pics

but still not it, doesn't have the angles I'm talking about, but similar protection at least. Post #24 is the pissed off/aggressive appearance sort of that I'm talking about but the stinger part on that one sucks.

No #19 & #24. Stupid bumper Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Road Armor?   Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Mar 2010, 3:03 pm

Heh, I read this thread and think of the words of another...

Quote :
As most know, I'm a lot more about function than form, and aesthetics typically escape me with the one exception being JK front bumpers. It's seems like there's a contest between vendors and JK owners to see who can make the butt ugliest contraption to hang from a pair of frame horns and an even bigger contingent of owners tripping over themselves to bolt one on.

That's one thing I do really like about Jeeps: there's something for just about any taste.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Road Armor?   Opinions on Road Armor? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinions on Road Armor?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2