MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2008 rubicon - computer programmers? Sugestions?

Go down 
+3
Dutchboy101
Tvernon
testrat
7 posters
AuthorMessage
testrat
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
testrat

Number of posts : 105
Rig : 2008 4Dr Rubicon Auto
specs. : Dick Cepeck Crusher Tires and Wheels, 5.38 Gears, Bomb Shell kit and C-gussets, Tom Woods 1350 drive shafts
Registration date : 2010-05-14

2008 rubicon  - computer programmers? Sugestions? Empty
PostSubject: 2008 rubicon - computer programmers? Sugestions?   2008 rubicon  - computer programmers? Sugestions? Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 11:13 am

I am looking at Hypertec computer programmers, they have 2. one promises more horse power than the other. Does anyone have any input on the subject, or any other suggestions on another brand? I've just had my jeep for almost 2 weeks now, have plans for replacing the exhaust, and maybe headers later. Thanks...
Back to top Go down
Tvernon
Poster child
Poster child
Tvernon

Number of posts : 300
Rig : 2007 JK
specs. : ------->
Registration date : 2010-03-22

PostSubject: Re: 2008 rubicon - computer programmers? Sugestions?   2008 rubicon  - computer programmers? Sugestions? Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 2:26 pm

Welcome to the forum first and formost. Hypertec makes a good chip; I have several buddies who have them on various trucks and jeeps and they have all produced good results. However "superchips" makes a chip that might be worth looking into. Ive seen it do crazy good things to a F150 engine; I dont see a reason why the same results shouldn't translate into a jeep motor. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: 2008 rubicon - computer programmers? Sugestions?   2008 rubicon  - computer programmers? Sugestions? Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 2:50 pm

I have a 2009 Rubicon and based on what I have read and heard from others, Superchips for the Jeep is the way to go.
It has givien me a better response from my engine/transmission.

It is a must if you are running larger tires.
Back to top Go down
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

Number of posts : 944
Rig : YJ/TJ, V8, tons
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: 2008 rubicon - computer programmers? Sugestions?   2008 rubicon  - computer programmers? Sugestions? Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 9:13 pm

Here's some food for thought. I spoke to another hemi friend of mine in Colorado today. He along with a few other JK's put their rigs on the dyno. Out of the 3.8 powered rigs, the completely STOCK 3.8 put down more power to the wheels than the rigs with exhausts, chips, air intakes, etc.
I know it sounds crazy but he saw it firsthand. Before you bombard me with what was X rig running vs Y, I can tell you that I have no effing clue. All I know is that he said the stock JK "blew them all away."
Back to top Go down
toddandshari'sjk
Poster child
Poster child
toddandshari'sjk

Number of posts : 218
Rig : '08 JK Unlimited
Registration date : 2010-02-23

PostSubject: Re: 2008 rubicon - computer programmers? Sugestions?   2008 rubicon  - computer programmers? Sugestions? Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 9:50 pm

thebigtman wrote:
Here's some food for thought. I spoke to another hemi friend of mine in Colorado today. He along with a few other JK's put their rigs on the dyno. Out of the 3.8 powered rigs, the completely STOCK 3.8 put down more power to the wheels than the rigs with exhausts, chips, air intakes, etc.
I know it sounds crazy but he saw it firsthand. Before you bombard me with what was X rig running vs Y, I can tell you that I have no effing clue. All I know is that he said the stock JK "blew them all away."

Aww c'mon...I gotta call BS on that!!!!!! Nah just kiddin you there..... but that is a little hard to believe, but if saw some proof I guess we gotta believe ya?? I just know that when I installed my Superchips flahpaq we noticed a big difference in power, maybe it was just in my head..but hey, I still liked the difference it made.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: 2008 rubicon - computer programmers? Sugestions?   2008 rubicon  - computer programmers? Sugestions? Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 8:21 am

toddandshari'sjk wrote:
thebigtman wrote:

Aww c'mon...I gotta call BS on that!!!!!! Nah just kiddin you there..... but that is a little hard to believe, but if saw some proof I guess we gotta believe ya?? I just know that when I installed my Superchips flahpaq we noticed a big difference in power, maybe it was just in my head..but hey, I still liked the difference it made.

I believe it. I've been on other JK forums for 3 years. And it has been proven repeatedly that intakes, exhausts, etc have zero affect. Most of those companies claim increase horsepower, none deliver, and some of those mods actually decrease power... People that put them on often claim increases- but that is all in their heads. They make more noise, so they end up being heavier on the skinny pedal, so they then believe that they have increased power. But the dyno numbers never back it up.

Now the Flashpaq is different. It provides a bit better power (not much but every little bit helps). But what it does do is give better throttle response (removes the factory throttle lag). So your Flashpaq is a benefit. All the other stuff is just psychological.
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
testrat
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
testrat

specs. : Dick Cepeck Crusher Tires and Wheels, 5.38 Gears, Bomb Shell kit and C-gussets, Tom Woods 1350 drive shafts

PostSubject: Re: 2008 rubicon - computer programmers? Sugestions?   2008 rubicon  - computer programmers? Sugestions? Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 9:37 am

Interesting.... And thanks for all the input.
Back to top Go down
Great Pumpkin
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
Great Pumpkin

Number of posts : 191
Rig : 2009 JK Unlimited
specs. : Sunburst Orange / auto / 4WD / half doors
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: 2008 rubicon - computer programmers? Sugestions?   2008 rubicon  - computer programmers? Sugestions? Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 10:46 am

I'm running the Flashpaq as well and I've actually seen improvements in my acceleration as well as being able to maintain 70mph on the highway with cruise control. I had my JK for a year before I got the Flashpaq so I was very familiar with the way it performed at certain places (like an on-ramp that I use weekly) and I found improvements after I installed it. Granted, it could still be something I'm doing unconsciously. If someone wants to foot the bill, I'd be more than happy to try running before/after dyno runs.

Unlike some of those performance modules, the Flashpaq does provide other features past the performance which are very helpful like the speedo correction for larger tires and disabling the low tire pressure light. Also, keep an eye on eBay for used ones and the deal could be even better. Just make sure you verify it's not locked to another vehicle otherwise you'll have to pay $100 to unlock it.
Back to top Go down
testrat
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
testrat

PostSubject: Re: 2008 rubicon - computer programmers? Sugestions?   2008 rubicon  - computer programmers? Sugestions? Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 9:59 pm

Well, I ordered a Flashpaq yesteday. And I used NorthRide4X4 that read on another thread that had it for less than anywhere else. So, is it sugested that I up the fuel grade at least one level (Mid-Grade?)... Thanks for all the input.
Back to top Go down
Great Pumpkin
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
Great Pumpkin

Number of posts : 191
Rig : 2009 JK Unlimited
specs. : Sunburst Orange / auto / 4WD / half doors
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: 2008 rubicon - computer programmers? Sugestions?   2008 rubicon  - computer programmers? Sugestions? Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 12:11 pm

You'll notice a difference running 87 octane. Stick to the gas rating for the setting you're running on the Flashpaq. Some people rave about the 93 octane setting but I'm happy staying witht he 87.
Back to top Go down
testrat
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
testrat

PostSubject: Re: 2008 rubicon - computer programmers? Sugestions?   2008 rubicon  - computer programmers? Sugestions? Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 12:05 am

Well, I got the programmer yesterday. and since I was towing a trailer, I loaded the tow program. Did well. but I discovered that it also disables the O/D. Was ok around town. Highway - different story. So, loaded the 91 oct. and seems ok. Shifting is more solid. And cruse control is some better on the highway. Does some better holding speed, but does drag down some going up a grade, but does better. So, think I'll go to another forum with a gearing question.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: 2008 rubicon - computer programmers? Sugestions?   2008 rubicon  - computer programmers? Sugestions? Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 8:01 am

testrat wrote:
Well, I got the programmer yesterday. and since I was towing a trailer, I loaded the tow program. Did well. but I discovered that it also disables the O/D. Was ok around town. Highway - different story. So, loaded the 91 oct. and seems ok. Shifting is more solid. And cruse control is some better on the highway. Does some better holding speed, but does drag down some going up a grade, but does better. So, think I'll go to another forum with a gearing question.

Why another forum? Plenty of gearing knowledge here. So ask away.
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 rubicon - computer programmers? Sugestions?   2008 rubicon  - computer programmers? Sugestions? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2008 rubicon - computer programmers? Sugestions?
Page 1 of 1