MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2008 Rubicon-Snow plow for this winter-sugestions?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
testrat
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
testrat

Number of posts : 105
Rig : 2008 4Dr Rubicon Auto
specs. : Dick Cepeck Crusher Tires and Wheels, 5.38 Gears, Bomb Shell kit and C-gussets, Tom Woods 1350 drive shafts
Registration date : 2010-05-14

2008 Rubicon-Snow plow for this winter-sugestions? Empty
PostSubject: 2008 Rubicon-Snow plow for this winter-sugestions?   2008 Rubicon-Snow plow for this winter-sugestions? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 12:54 pm

I am wanting get and install a snow plow for this winter. Those new so far I have seen - are not commercial use, which I may not need anyway, But I do have a appox 100" drive to clean, and is right on the highway - so the State "dams-up" the entrance way. And then there is the workplace - I would like to do the parking and the street - out to the main street - that I would like to clean off. Have been Using a Dixon ZTR riding mower over the years, just takes some time. I might consider doing some commercial "lot" cleaning if I can get set up to do it. Granted, here in NE Oklahoma, we usually don't get much snow, sometimes just a "dusting" all winter (2~3"), unlike this last winter we had a lot of snow - for us. So, it varies a lot from year to year. I am kinda seeking input from those that maybe use a Jeep with a Sno-plow on what you use, what "brand" you use, and what I need to look for &/or expect. Thanks. And any pic's might be useful....

Last edited by testrat on Sun 06 Jun 2010, 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rubicon-Snow plow for this winter-sugestions?   2008 Rubicon-Snow plow for this winter-sugestions? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 1:04 pm

My snow plow is all rusty..... never used it.

(I don't really have a snow plow....)
Back to top Go down
martij3
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
martij3

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rubicon-Snow plow for this winter-sugestions?   2008 Rubicon-Snow plow for this winter-sugestions? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 2:49 pm

I would check out JKowners and ask some of the northerner guys. I doubt most of us have any experiance with snow plows.
Back to top Go down
GULF COAST PIRATE
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
GULF COAST PIRATE

Number of posts : 697
Rig : 2010 JK unlimited
specs. : changing daily...
Registration date : 2009-12-14

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rubicon-Snow plow for this winter-sugestions?   2008 Rubicon-Snow plow for this winter-sugestions? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 9:14 pm

testrat wrote:
I am wanting get and install a snow plow for this winter. Those new so fat I have seen - are not commercial use, which I may not need anyway, But I do have a appox 100" drive to clean, and is right on the highway - so the State "dams-up" the entrance way. And then there is the workplace - I would like to do the parking and the street - out to the main street - that I would like to clean off. Have been Using a Dixon ZTR riding mower over the years, just takes some time. I might consider doing some commercial "lot" cleaning if I can get set up to do it. Granted, here in NE Oklahoma, we usually don't get much snow, sometimes just a "dusting" all winter (2~3"), unlike this last winter we had a lot of snow - for us. So, it varies a lot from year to year. I am kinda seeking input from those that maybe use a Jeep with a Sno-plow on what you use, what "brand" you use, and what I need to look for &/or expect. Thanks. And any pic's might be useful....

Wait, you own a Jeep... The State builds a huge hill of snow in your driveway.... and You want a PLOW? Rolling Eyes

I wish I could put a giant mound of dirt or a pile of rocks at the end of my driveway, Just so I'd have a reason to put my chit in 4WD every day! And keep out any unwanted visitors. dangerdriving

Seriously though, I'll ask a friend of mine up in Wyoming what he uses on his Jeep.
Back to top Go down
testrat
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
testrat

Number of posts : 105
Rig : 2008 4Dr Rubicon Auto
specs. : Dick Cepeck Crusher Tires and Wheels, 5.38 Gears, Bomb Shell kit and C-gussets, Tom Woods 1350 drive shafts
Registration date : 2010-05-14

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rubicon-Snow plow for this winter-sugestions?   2008 Rubicon-Snow plow for this winter-sugestions? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 11:17 pm

Ok, this is my mom's driveway and she needs to get out. And, well, this is the first Jeep I've owned, or 4wd for that matter. And I have a business that I have to clean off. And would like to for once - clean all the way out to the main street (about 1½ blocks) so customers can get to my shop easier. 2008 Rubicon-Snow plow for this winter-sugestions? Icon_cheers So, thanks for any help/suggestions anyone can help...
Back to top Go down
GULF COAST PIRATE
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
GULF COAST PIRATE

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rubicon-Snow plow for this winter-sugestions?   2008 Rubicon-Snow plow for this winter-sugestions? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 12:01 am

Donsen't someone make a pull-behind snow blower? I'm being serious this time.
Back to top Go down
GULF COAST PIRATE
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
GULF COAST PIRATE

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rubicon-Snow plow for this winter-sugestions?   2008 Rubicon-Snow plow for this winter-sugestions? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 12:15 am

Ok, so I just talked to My buddy in WY and he says he and his company use Meyer plows. He works in the oil and gas industry and says they have to clear some pretty crappy roads. In other words they abuse the hell out of their plows and they hold up well.

Hope this helps...
Back to top Go down
Great Pumpkin
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
Great Pumpkin

Number of posts : 191
Rig : 2009 JK Unlimited
specs. : Sunburst Orange / auto / 4WD / half doors
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rubicon-Snow plow for this winter-sugestions?   2008 Rubicon-Snow plow for this winter-sugestions? Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jun 2010, 9:34 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rubicon-Snow plow for this winter-sugestions?   2008 Rubicon-Snow plow for this winter-sugestions? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2008 Rubicon-Snow plow for this winter-sugestions?
Page 1 of 1